Is Enyart worshipped like Jesus

Mateo

Dread Helm said:
Maybe you should get it and find out instead of just whining about it here. :think:

The day I pay 50 bucks for a paperback you'll be reading about a snowball fight in Hell in your local paper.

Tell you what. I'll trade The Bob some of my word studies for it.

Mateo

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanieboy

I can understand that one should not encourage people to do anything detrimental, nor not speak out when they see a grave wrong, yet to challenge Bob has a huge attack of the clones response.

You certainly overstate your case. The attack of the clones only comes on the points where you are wrong. If it is felt that you should know better, then name-calling is appropriate.

... and besides, the proper term is an "Enyartian dogpile".

Johnny

Right. And SOMETIMES mocking someone is the most compassionate thing one can do for them.
That's a complete perversion of the teachings of Jesus, and deep down you know it. Lighthouse and others have bought into the lie that it's OK to insult or mock someone, even going so far as to curse at them, because "Jesus did". What sort of perversion of the scriptures is this? What sort of message do you send?

Just because Jesus did something doesn't make it OK for you to do something. Jesus was God, are you? Jesus sits at the right hand of the Father, do you? Jesus created us, did you? You aren't God. Will you judge? Jesus is in a far better position to judge than you are. What he spoke was truth. Jesus sees the heart of men. We do not.

Mathew 5:22 But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca [empty-head], shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

James 3:9 Therewith bless we God, even the Father; and therewith curse we men, which are made after the similitude of God.

James 3:10 Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.

Colossians 4:6 Let your speech [be] alway with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.

Truely, we all struggle with our tounge. Cursing or mocking someone is a form of pride. It makes us feel good to put others down. I know this because I do it too. But finding justification for it in scripture is wrong.

And so I ask you: when is mocking or cursing the most compassionate thing to do? Tell me.

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Johnny said:
... Will you judge? ...
So you're asking? Now, please note, that if it is okay for me to judge, then it's also okay for me to mock people when it is appropriate. Do you understand this?

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
beanieboy said:
You just made a case for what I am saying.
Where in the bible does Jesus encourage his disciples or anyone else to start namecalling or mocking other people?
By His example. There is no better endorsement a Teacher can give an action for His students.

beanieboy said:
When is it "necessary"? In what way is mocking someone compassionate?
When you can stigmatize something evil that they do.

beanieboy said:
Enyart has you believing that this is somehow biblical.
Eh. You go right on ahead and believe that.

The Edge

BANNED
Banned
beanieboy said:
I don't have a problem with people agreeing with Bob. Bob states a thesis, then supports it. However, if you look at how he supports it, ie., Jesus called people dogs, so I can call people any filthy name I can come up with, it really is questionable. When you look up the verse, (Jesus' robe is touched by a Gentile. He says, "the master does not take his food from his children to give to the dogs", she responds, "But even the crumbs from the masters table falls to the dogs". He then uses her as an example of strong faith - that even when Jesus pushes her away, she does not go away. ) Now, I don't know how you can take that example, and then think you can use derogatory words to anyone you choose.

He says that Jesus called people vipers and snakes, but he did that to the Pharisees that were actually leading people away from God, while claiming to lead people toward God. For that, they were seen as vipers and poisonous to the soul.

Does anyone weigh that? Usually not. It might effect your rep points.

In conclusion, Enyart's point is that one should not be Nicer than God, and therefore, people freely mock, get angry, and dehumanize just about anyone without thinking about it twice.

I can understand that one should not encourage people to do anything detrimental, nor not speak out when they see a grave wrong, yet to challenge Bob has a huge attack of the clones response.

And the basic idea - that people are being overly nice, and should be more, well, hostile - that alone makes me question. The idea that "Jesus did this, so you should, too" is also very questionable. God killed flooded the world, except for Noah and his family. Who are you killing to be more like God?

Most people talk about the world being cold and uncaring, and Enyart encourages people to be cold and uncaring out of love, to be mocking out of love, and to hate out of love.

He has an article that says that love the sinner, hate the sin, is not biblical, then encourages people to hate the sinner.

The Gospels weren't full of Jesus encouraging people to be more gruff, more mocking, more hateful, but to be more understanding, more humble, more compassionate.

Perfectly said.

It's sad that the Enyartites deem "whiners" anyone who disagrees with Bob Enyart. A bad example for Christians to follow, that is.

We can learn from the astute observations of even our unregenerate. Well done, Beanieboy!!!!

If I take negative reputation for not being an Enyartite, then let my red bars go all the way across the screen; I'd be proud of it ;)

Bring on the red bars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

drbrumley

The Edge said:
Perfectly said.

It's sad that the Enyartites deem "whiners" anyone who disagrees with Bob Enyart. A bad example for Christians to follow, that is.

We can learn from the astute observations of even our unregenerate. Well done, Beanieboy!!!!

If I take negative reputation for not being an Enyartite, then let my red bars go all the way across the screen; I'd be proud of it ;)

Bring on the red bars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
A better idea is for you to become more aquainted with the Word of God which is the bible.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
beanieboy said:
I don't have a problem with people agreeing with Bob. Bob states a thesis, then supports it. However, if you look at how he supports it, ie., Jesus called people dogs, so I can call people any filthy name I can come up with, it really is questionable. When you look up the verse, (Jesus' robe is touched by a Gentile. He says, "the master does not take his food from his children to give to the dogs", she responds, "But even the crumbs from the masters table falls to the dogs". He then uses her as an example of strong faith - that even when Jesus pushes her away, she does not go away. ) Now, I don't know how you can take that example, and then think you can use derogatory words to anyone you choose.
Wrong story, beanie. The woman who touched the hem of His robe was an Israelite. The Gentile woman's daughter was possessed. And Jesus was telling her, in his statement about the bread for the children, that He came for Israel, not the Gentiles. Simple as that.

He says that Jesus called people vipers and snakes, but he did that to the Pharisees that were actually leading people away from God, while claiming to lead people toward God. For that, they were seen as vipers and poisonous to the soul.
Yes. The people who were proud and arrogant, thinking they did not need Christ. The people who believed they could earn their way.

Does anyone weigh that? Usually not. It might effect your rep points.
If you knew what it actually said, maybe you'd realize why you're so empty.

In conclusion, Enyart's point is that one should not be Nicer than God, and therefore, people freely mock, get angry, and dehumanize just about anyone without thinking about it twice.

And the basic idea - that people are being overly nice, and should be more, well, hostile - that alone makes me question. The idea that "Jesus did this, so you should, too" is also very questionable. God killed flooded the world, except for Noah and his family. Who are you killing to be more like God?

Most people talk about the world being cold and uncaring, and Enyart encourages people to be cold and uncaring out of love, to be mocking out of love, and to hate out of love.
He doesn't encourage anyone to be uncaring. He encourages putting forth the most care. To be more caring than most Christians today.

He has an article that says that love the sinner, hate the sin, is not biblical, then encourages people to hate the sinner.

The Gospels weren't full of Jesus encouraging people to be more gruff, more mocking, more hateful, but to be more understanding, more humble, more compassionate.
No, they weren't. But you have no clue what the Bible really says, so why ahould I be surprised?

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
taoist said:
Check out the Levitical punishment for failing to attend church. Nope, no hints, check it yourself. Then consider the implications of the Levitical treatment of homsexuality.
What exactly is that punishment?

Is it criminal to skip church? It's criminal to actively engage in homosexual sexual activity.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Johnny said:
That's a complete perversion of the teachings of Jesus, and deep down you know it. Lighthouse and others have bought into the lie that it's OK to insult or mock someone, even going so far as to curse at them, because "Jesus did". What sort of perversion of the scriptures is this? What sort of message do you send?
Do you agree that Jesus did it?

Just because Jesus did something doesn't make it OK for you to do something. Jesus was God, are you? Jesus sits at the right hand of the Father, do you? Jesus created us, did you? You aren't God. Will you judge? Jesus is in a far better position to judge than you are. What he spoke was truth. Jesus sees the heart of men. We do not.
Are we to be Christ-like? Did Jesus tell us to judge righteously [John 7:24]?

As for the question of whether or not we will judge: 1 Corinthians 6:2-3

Mathew 5:22 But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca [empty-head], shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.
What part of "without cause" has you stumped?

James 3:9 Therewith bless we God, even the Father; and therewith curse we men, which are made after the similitude of God.

James 3:10 Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.

Colossians 4:6 Let your speech [be] alway with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.
Is it a curse to show people their wickedness, so that they may know they need Christ?

Truely, we all struggle with our tounge. Cursing or mocking someone is a form of pride. It makes us feel good to put others down. I know this because I do it too. But finding justification for it in scripture is wrong.
What is it you mock? Things that have no reason to be mocked, such as a person's skin color, or socail status, or their wickedness, and blatant denial of the Lord? If the latter, then Scripture is abundantly clear on the properness of such conduct.

And so I ask you: when is mocking or cursing the most compassionate thing to do? Tell me.
Cursing is not, but mocking is. Mocking is compassionate when you use it to mock wickedness. When someone is so caught up in their debauchery that they are blinded to the truth if how depraved they are. If we as Christians stand idly by and do not call sin sin, then we are just as wrong aas those who practice such lawlessness. If people do not understand that their wickedness is unnacceptable to the Lord of all, how can we ever hope for change?

Johnny

So you're asking? Now, please note, that if it is okay for me to judge, then it's also okay for me to mock people when it is appropriate. Do you understand this?
I'm not asking whether or not you feel it's appropriate to judge. Simple observation will reveal that you and others feel that it's completely appropriate. However, I would caution that you are not excercising spiritual discernment, forming a moral opinion, or confronting someone when you mock, ridicule, or curse someone. You can judge someone's actions without mocking them.

Further, I would add that the examples of Jesus calling others hypocrites, vipers, etc. are clearly differentiated from calling someone a moron because their ideas conflict with your own.

The First Law of Internet Forums states, "In any given argument, the first to call names is usually the party who is demonstrably losing the argument." In this situation, as is often the case here, name calling is an attempt to regain lost ego through insulting the other parties intelligence, ego, or personhood.

A better idea is for you to become more aquainted with the Word of God which is the bible.
Perhaps we should stop using the Bible to justify our loose tounge.

Johnny

Do you agree that Jesus did it?
There is a clear difference between Jesus calling religious leaders hypocrites and you calling me a moron and an aborted fetus for debating you over whether or not fetal kicking is proof of a soul. Telling someone they were dropped on their head, had their brains sucked out in a failed abortion attempt, or they are a dumbass is not appropriate ever. It is not showing anyone wickedness. It is not edifying them. It is not correcting them. It is not helping anyone (except perhaps your own ego) in any way.

Is it a curse to show people their wickedness, so that they may know they need Christ?
No, but it is a curse when you curse someone.

What part of "without cause" has you stumped?
Without cause is only included in being angry with someone, not with the latter two examples.

Mocking is compassionate when you use it to mock wickedness. When someone is so caught up in their debauchery that they are blinded to the truth if how depraved they are. If we as Christians stand idly by and do not call sin sin, then we are just as wrong aas those who practice such lawlessness. If people do not understand that their wickedness is unnacceptable to the Lord of all, how can we ever hope for change?
Calling sin out does not in any way include mocking.

Last edited:

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Johnny said:
There is a clear difference between Jesus calling religious leaders hypocrites and you calling me a moron and an aborted fetus for debating you over whether or not fetal kicking is proof of a soul. Telling someone they were dropped on their head, had their brains sucked out in a failed abortion attempt, or they are a dumbass is not appropriate ever. It is not showing anyone wickedness. It is not edifying them. It is not correcting them. It is not helping anyone (except perhaps your own ego) in any way.
If that didn't show you the error of your ways, or make you consider that you might need to rethink your position, then that is your problem, not mine.

And if you think that I actually beleive your brain was sucked out, you're dumber than I thought.

You believe that abortion is okay. You are a wicked man, and no better than those who have, or perform abortions. That is wicked.

No, but it is a curse when you curse someone.
I never said it was okay to curse anyone.

Without cause is only included in being angry with someone, not with the latter two examples.
It goes for the entire thing.:doh:

Calling sin out does not in any way include mocking.
Bull.

Sins is wicked, and stigmatizing wickedness is accomplished in mocking wickedness. Jesus did it, and I am His. I have the mind of Christ [1 Cor. 2:16].

beanieboy

I meditatied on this, and kept returning to one huge example.

Here is Romans 12:

1Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship.
2And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect.
3For through the grace given to me I say to everyone among you not to think more highly of himself than he ought to think; but to think so as to have sound judgment, as God has allotted to reach a measure of faith.
4For just as we have many members in one body and all the members do not have the same function,
5so we, who are many, are one body in Christ, and individually members one of another.
6Since we have gifts that differ according to the grace given to us, each of us is to exercise them accordingly: if prophecy, according to the proportion of his faith;
7if service, in his serving; or he who teaches, in his teaching;
8or he who exhorts, in his exhortation; he who gives, with liberality; he who leads, with diligence; he who shows mercy, with cheerfulness.
9Let love be without hypocrisy Abhor what is evil; cling to what is good.
10Be devoted to one another in brotherly love; give preference to one another in honor;
11not lagging behind in diligence, fervent in spirit, serving the Lord;
12rejoicing in hope, persevering in tribulation, devoted to prayer,
13contributing to the needs of the saints, practicing hospitality.
14Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse.
15Rejoice with those who rejoice, and weep with those who weep.
16Be of the same mind toward one another; do not be haughty in mind, but associate with the lowly Do not be wise in your own estimation.
17Never pay back evil for evil to anyone Respect what is right in the sight of all men.
18If possible, so far as it depends on you, be at peace with all men.
19Never take your own revenge, beloved, but leave room for the wrath of God, for it is written, "VENGEANCE IS MINE, I WILL REPAY," says the Lord.
20"BUT IF YOUR ENEMY IS HUNGRY, FEED HIM, AND IF HE IS THIRSTY, GIVE HIM A DRINK; FOR IN SO DOING YOU WILL HEAP BURNING COALS ON HIS HEAD."
21Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Now, this verse talks about return curse with blessing, overcoming evil with good, of feeding your enemy.

And the Enyartite take on this?
12:9 9Let love be without hypocrisy Abhor what is evil; cling to what is good.
Therefore, hate evil people.

Of the entire passage, this is isolated, then taken out of context. One should abhor what is evil - namely - cursing people, harming people, and that is why the passage goes on and on about loving your enemy not by cursing them, but by returning their foul language with blessing and kindness, of feeding your enemy, of not repaying evil with evil. That is the "evil" that Paul is speaking of.

And the Enyartite response? Hate people.

That is simply false teaching.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Ok, Enyartians, it's time for our morning ritual. Repeat after me....

Oh hail thou Enyart, O mighty talketh showeth hosteth.
Thou exposeth all the stupideth peasants.
For thou hath been greatly sprinkledeth
with the supremacy of holy smacketh.

We offer up to you all our Earthly possessions
As well as our first born sons.
And we will continue to call upon the Great Enyart
Lest you smite us with the holy smacketh upsideth the headeth.

*Poly now goes to to prepare incense for Holy Enyart*