Is Enyart worshipped like Jesus

The Edge

BANNED
Banned
Lighthouse said:
God's people did it all the time. Elijah did it with the prophets of Baal. Do you think he was in the wrong? Jesus did it with the Pharisees. Do you think He was in the wrong?
Equating us to satan worshipers or pharisees?

Try reading the whole Bible.:rolleyes:
You try it. There's a lot more about love in the Bible than hate and insulting people.

If they aren't coming ot me, I do leave them alone. And if you want me to leave you alone, don't engage me in conversation. Simple as that.
If engaging you in a conversation is "coming after you," so be it. I don't sweat you at all. What you say to me usually holds no water anyway. I've pretty much written you off already. You're entertainment to me.

The Edge

BANNED
Banned
Lighthouse said:
Tithing was for Israel. Giving cheerfully to the causes of God is what the Body of Christ should be doing, today.
Rather than attack the question with irrelevant drivel, let the people answer it.

GOSH!

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
The Edge said:
Equating us to satan worshipers or pharisees?
Depends on who I'm talking to.

You try it. There's a lot more about love in the Bible than hate and insulting people.
I know what love is. Do you?

If engaging you in a conversation is "coming after you," so be it. I don't sweat you at all. What you say to me usually holds no water anyway. I've pretty much written you off already. You're entertainment to me.
I didn't say "coming after," I said "coming to.":doh:

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
The Edge said:
Rather than attack the question with irrelevant drivel, let the people answer it.

GOSH!
I was giving a partial answer to the question. I did not attack anything. Bob teaches what I said.

And the fact that you saw it as an attack is only further proof that you have issues that need resolved. You have a martyr complex, and it causes you to whine about perceived attacks and pretend to not be in the wrong, so it will appear as if you have been wronged. See a counselor, Edge.

Mateo

Originally Posted by Zakath

Of course. I find it difficult to reconcile the two positions (businessman and pastor) in a single person. Both are more than full-time jobs.

deardelmar said:
It worked for the Apostle Paul.

If the word of God is to be believed, Paul didn't make a nickle off of the flock and counselled others to follow his example.

word to the wise for The Bob...

... get a job!

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Mateo said:
errrraawwwwwwwk..... Polly wanna cracker?
It was an answer to the question. Members of Denver Bible Church do not tithe.

Now, if I had said, "Christians are free from sin, the Bible says so," would you have had the same response?:rolleyes:

You're a troll, Mateo. Not worth the time of anyone who posts here. You don't care about the truth. You only want to deride, and ridicule people you don't like. And you want to judge and condemn others for the same behavior. You're a hypocrite.

word to the wise for The Bob...

... get a job!
Oh, that's mature.:rolleyes:

Mateo

Lighthouse said:
It was an answer to the question. Members of Denver Bible Church do not tithe.

Right... and just what do you see yourself as doing when you pay $50.00 for a paperback?

Now, if I had said, "Christians are free from sin, the Bible says so," would you have had the same response?:rolleyes:

I'd say you've been listening to The Bob... again

You're a troll, Mateo. Not worth the time of anyone who posts here. You don't care about the truth. You only want to deride, and ridicule people you don't like. And you want to judge and condemn others for the same behavior. You're a hypocrite.

Actually, a peek at my reps will reveal that the folks following this thread and others to which I post are running about 2 to 1 in favor of what I have said with Enyartians being the lone dissenters. I'm sure that information will have all the effect of a bee bee fired at the bulkhead of a Battleship but... there it is...

...and if I didn't like you I wouldn't waste my time on you, love...

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The Edge said:
"My Enyart?" Just out of curiousity what did you mean by that?

The last time a girl said "my [name]" to me they were speaking of that person in a romantic sense.
It's obviously a typo: Mr Enyart.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The Edge said:
I think part of what is alarming about this Nicer Than God teaching is the fact that like many groups, the teacher (Enyart) and the followers (The Enyartites) get all wrapped around the axle on one or two teachings, and base a majority of their time and fanaticism on that. Enyartites are all over this "Nicer Than God" thing he's written, and that's nearly all of what is discussed here about Enyart. The Enyartites are not willing to give it up at all. Thus, I think it causes Enyartites to lose focus of the Gospel, because they are so busy trying to learn how to not be nicer than God and put that into practice.
This simply is not so. "Nicer than God Christians" are only one topic of many we discuss and debate.

However...
Don't you devote more posts to bashing Bob and "Enyartites" than you do to any Biblical topics, let alone the Gospel?

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The Edge,

In a nutshell, Acts 9 Dispensationalism is the recognition that God shifted from working with Israel to working with the Body of Christ beginning with the Apostle Paul's conversion in Acts chapter 9, and that the "house rules" for the two groups are not the same. For example, Israel was to express their faith through works (James 2:17), but grace is imparted to members of the Body who believe apart from works (Romans 4:5). (For more on the faith/works topic, check out Battle Royale VIII.)

You can read Things That Differ by R. L. Stam for free online. You can also find many relevant articles at www.biblicalanswers.com. And then there's Google.

If you seriously want to discuss Acts 9 Dispensationalism (apart from bashing Bob, cult accusations, etc.), feel free to start a new thread in the Dispensationalism forum.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The Edge said:
I think part of what is alarming about this Nicer Than God teaching is the fact that like many groups, the teacher (Enyart) and the followers (The Enyartites) get all wrapped around the axle on one or two teachings, and base a majority of their time and fanaticism on that. Enyartites are all over this "Nicer Than God" thing he's written, and that's nearly all of what is discussed here about Enyart. The Enyartites are not willing to give it up at all. Thus, I think it causes Enyartites to lose focus of the Gospel, because they are so busy trying to learn how to not be nicer than God and put that into practice.

But do we see most of the other great theologians doing this? No. John MacArthur is just focused on the grace of God, and is the most humble Bible teacher I know, and his focus? The whole Bible. He even wrote an amazing study Bible which from firsthand experience I can say is great. Charles Ryrie is a well rounded teacher as well, though he's mainly known for dispensationalism. And even Paul himself, or Peter, the first great Bible teachers, didn't get wrapped aorund the axle about one thing.

A group that gets all wrapped around the axle about one specific teaching that they focus on way to much borders on being a cult. And that is alarming.
Hey Edge
This is a forum for debate so what tends to happen here is that we talk more about the areas where we differ! The same would be true of Pastor Enyarts radio show. On the other hand if you were to go through his Bible teachings you would understand that the initial focus is an overview of the entire Bible. This builds a foundation to understanding the little details.

Granite

Hall of Fame
The Edge said:
You are probably right. But I'm drawing a parallel. I said it was alarming only because it began to show a few signs of bordering on cultish. But yes, I know many groups follow a man because they already adhere to those teachings. And regardless of which is first, the teaching or the teacher, they get way to wrapped around the axle on this one or two teachings of Mr. Enyart they may lose the fundamentals.

Dominioninsm, Christian Reconstruction, theonomy--call it what you will, these churches have a very strong tendency to border on the cultish.

I know; I left one.

Mateo

granite1010 said:
Dominioninsm, Christian Reconstruction, theonomy--call it what you will, these churches have a very strong tendency to border on the cultish.

I know; I left one.

Don't throw out the baby with the bath water... ;)

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
granite1010 said:

I know; I left one.

Then Bob better get busy at collecting more money and gaining more members.

Denver Bible church is the furthest thing from a cult. The member are not mindless followers of what the pastor says. If Enyart said something that does not line up with the Bible, he would be called on it faster than you could give a lame response to this post.

Mateo

Turbo said:
The Edge,

In a nutshell, Acts 9 Dispensationalism is the recognition that God shifted from working with Israel to working with the Body of Christ beginning with the Apostle Paul's conversion in Acts chapter 9, and that the "house rules" for the two groups are not the same. For example, Israel was to express their faith through works (James 2:17), but grace is imparted to members of the Body who believe apart from works (Romans 4:5). (For more on the faith/works topic, check out Battle Royale VIII.)

You can read Things That Differ by R. L. Stam for free online. You can also find many relevant articles at www.biblicalanswers.com. And then there's Google.

If you seriously want to discuss Acts 9 Dispensationalism (apart from bashing Bob, cult accusations, etc.), feel free to start a new thread in the Dispensationalism forum.

While we're on the subjects of bee bee's hurled at battleships.. Robot fella...did you notice that when trying to explain your favorite flavor of Dispensationalism you referred a wouldbe convert to the words of The Bob...

....yeah, I know...

Never mind...

Plink.............plink.......................plink.................plink............