Is Enyart a national celeb?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Berean

Turbo said:
Are prostitutes and whoremongers only convicted when there is an eye-witness?

In the eyes of the law, yes. How would we know that our next door neighbor is a homosexual if no one ever saw him/her perform any homosexual acts?

Thia

That doesn't make sense. Since the funds were used to purchase gear in order to BURN it, how could the donated funds go to the victims' families? Oh, never mind. It's boring anyway.
Knight said:
Yeah, that was OJ Simpsons gear. And why would that be a waste when the funds went to the victims family?

Everyone who donated knew exactly where the money was going.

It's always wise to have at least some knowledge of a topic before you comment on it.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Hasan_ibn_Sabah said:
So Mrs Mayns is not a divorced woman?
Yes Mrs. Enyart has been divorced, but you said that "he once co-habited with a divorced woman,"

Cohabit means to "live together and have a sexual relationship without being married."

You spread a false report.

Hasan_ibn_Sabah

"Everyone who divorces his wife and marries another commits adultery, and he who marries a woman divorced from her husband commits adultery."

Guess who said that.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Thia said:
That doesn't make sense. Since the funds were used to purchase gear in order to BURN it, how could the donated funds go to the victims' families?
The items were bought at an auction in which the proceeds went to the victims' families.

Oh, never mind. It's boring anyway.
Translation: This isn't at all scandalous, and it's been made obvious that I don't know what I'm talking about.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Hasan_ibn_Sabah said:
"Everyone who divorces his wife and marries another commits adultery, and he who marries a woman divorced from her husband commits adultery."

Guess who said that.
I know who said that, it was Jesus. But how does that make what you said any less false? Bob Enyart did not cohabit with Cheryl as you claimed.

"You shall not circulate a false report. Do not put your hand with the wicked to be an unrighteous witness."​

Guess who said that.

And for good measure:

"If a man lies with a male as he lies with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination. They shall surely be put to death. Their blood shall be upon them."​

Guess who said that.

"The man who commits adultery with another man's wife, he who commits adultery with his neighbor's wife, the adulterer and the adulteress, shall surely be put to death."​

Guess who said that.

Thia

Turbo said:
The items were bought at an auction in which the proceeds went to the victims' families.

Translation: This isn't at all scandalous, and it's been made obvious that I don't know what I'm talking about.

Ha! Aren't you the witty one! My point was, it was an awfully expensive 'show' of solidarity, i.e., burning several thousand dollars' worth of OJ memorabilia, but what you people do with your money is your business. Like I said, boring.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The Berean said:
In the eyes of the law, yes.
That's not so.
How would we know that our next door neighbor is a homosexual if no one ever saw him/her perform any homosexual acts?
What if several people report being propositioned by him? And what if he has injuries consistent with homosexual acts?

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Thia said:
Ha! Aren't you the witty one! My point was, it was an awfully expensive 'show' of solidarity, i.e., burning several thousand dollars' worth of OJ memorabilia,
and in the process get millions of dollars' worth of airtime to reach more people with his message and his ministry.
but what you people do with your money is your business.
Yep.
Like I said, boring
Like you meant, not scandalous after all. ;)

Hasan_ibn_Sabah

Turbo said:
I know who said that, it was Jesus. But how does that make what you said any less false? Bob Enyart did not cohabit with Cheryl as you claimed.

"You shall not circulate a false report. Do not put your hand with the wicked to be an unrighteous witness."​

Guess who said that.

And for good measure:

"If a man lies with a male as he lies with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination. They shall surely be put to death. Their blood shall be upon them."​

Guess who said that.

"The man who commits adultery with another man's wife, he who commits adultery with his neighbor's wife, the adulterer and the adulteress, shall surely be put to death."​

Guess who said that.

Maybe I should said had an adulterous affair with - after all Jesus said if you marry a divorce woman, you are commiting adultery.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Hasan_ibn_Sabah said:
Maybe I should said had an adulterous affair with - after all Jesus said if you marry a divorce woman, you are commiting adultery.
Have you ever looked upon a woman with lust?

Have you ever been angry at someone without cause? If so, should I therefore tell people flat out that you are a murderer?

Do you concede that your statement, "he once co-habited with a divorced woman," was false?

The Berean

Turbo said:
That's not so. What if several people report being propositioned by him? And what if he has injuries consistent with homosexual acts?

Then the injuries are actual evidence.

Parel

Rimi said:
Parel blithered:
Ouch..

Rimi said:
You sound like you're not sure. But yes, according to what He said of Himself, He is.

Oh, well, we could refer to the NT too. God did have something to do with it as well.
You're right I did "sound" like I was not sure.It is because I don't blindly beleive things like whether Christ is God or whether there is infact a God,full stop, without some good hard evidence.
On what logical theory backed up by substantial proof do you base your conviction that God in fact had something to do with the bible and that it was not just an epic saga based loosely on some historical facts and written by a number of different people with questionable imagination?Don't answer it,if anyone could there'd be 6 billion Christians on the planet today.

My point is that your views are just that,your views!And some if not all of the OT and NT may not be God speaking.There are a lot of inconsistancies in both which sort of prove that the bible might not contain what God wants.

Rimi said:
No, I don't want people dying of AIDS, mostly the straight ones. And I want want God wants: for the moral laws to be enforced for the good of all of us. Heteros getting AIDS get it by drugs, so it's appropriate and they should be put to death for dealing/taking drugs; by blood transfustion, in which case, homos are all guilty; or by sex with a bisexual, a very confused homo, put him out of his misery.

Fine,you want gay people to be killed based on your faith in the bible.Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't there a commandment that will be broken if someone kills another human.I think it goes like this:

"Thou Shall Not Kill."

How can a Christian simultaneously obey this law and another that advocates murdering gay people?

Granite

Hall of Fame
The Berean said:
An eye-witness would be needed, I would guess...

So if a gay couple of either sex lived next door you would have to just tolerate their behavior unless they're caught in the act? Just clarifying.

GuySmiley

granite1010 said:
So if a gay couple of either sex lived next door you would have to just tolerate their behavior unless they're caught in the act? Just clarifying.

Oh good grief! What is sooo difficult here? Sorry to jump into the middle of this wonderful conversation you're having but do you really not get it?

Its just like if you suspected your neighbor of being a drug dealer. They wont be arrested and prosecuted unless there is reasonable evidence that they are dealing drugs beyond just your suspision. No that doesn't mean they have to be caught in the act, just that there has to be evidence to convince a jury beyond a reasonable doubt. For instance, Scott Peterson was not caught by an eye witness but he was still convicted.

Please correct me if I'm wrong but I get the feeling you are trying to complicate the matter because you want to show that such a law would be unreasonable. But it really isnt that hard; no harder than any current law we have. I also get the feeling you would like to get a Christian to say we'll kill anyone suspected of homosexuality without evidence in some kind of witch hunt, burning brooms and all. Sorry, but we just aren't that unreasonable. But again, I may be putting words in your mouth, but it seems like it isnt that hard a concept to understand.

Greg

Granite

Hall of Fame
GuySmiley said:
Oh good grief! What is sooo difficult here? Sorry to jump into the middle of this wonderful conversation you're having but do you really not get it?

Its just like if you suspected your neighbor of being a drug dealer. They wont be arrested and prosecuted unless there is reasonable evidence that they are dealing drugs beyond just your suspision. No that doesn't mean they have to be caught in the act, just that there has to be evidence to convince a jury beyond a reasonable doubt. For instance, Scott Peterson was not caught by an eye witness but he was still convicted.

Please correct me if I'm wrong but I get the feeling you are trying to complicate the matter because you want to show that such a law would be unreasonable. But it really isnt that hard; no harder than any current law we have. I also get the feeling you would like to get a Christian to say we'll kill anyone suspected of homosexuality without evidence in some kind of witch hunt, burning brooms and all. Sorry, but we just aren't that unreasonable. But again, I may be putting words in your mouth, but it seems like it isnt that hard a concept to understand.

Greg

Yeah, you are putting words in my mouth, and no, I don't think this is a cut and dry issue.

Some here believe homosexuality should be a capital offense. I put out a hypothetical scenario.

It sounds as though hearsay or circumstantial evidence would be enough for you to put two people to death. If so fine, but I was lookng for clarification from a few individuals here. That's all.

The Berean

granite1010 said:

How would I or anyone know that they were gay unless someone say them in homosexual acts? I wouldn't know.

Granite

Hall of Fame
The Berean said:
How would I or anyone know that they were gay unless someone say them in homosexual acts? I wouldn't know.

Well, lemme set the scene.

You got two gals in their forties living next door. Short hair, not terribly feminine clothing, sans make-up. One rides a Harley. You've seen them holding hands as they walk around the block after dinnertime. You have never once seen them entertain men at their home and when you make small talk they don't mention having male companions or what have you.

What conclusion would you draw?

Picture two guys in their late twenties living there instead, a pair of well-groomed fellas who make Liberace look and sound straight. What conclusion would you draw about two men who lived together, walked together, and lisped occasionally?

I mean come ON. In your own personal experience have you ever had to walk in on a queer couple to realize, "Oh, gee. They're gay. Who woulda thought?"

The Berean

granite1010 said:
Well, lemme set the scene.

You got two gals in their forties living next door. Short hair, not terribly feminine clothing, sans make-up. One rides a Harley. You've seen them holding hands as they walk around the block after dinnertime. You have never once seen them entertain men at their home and when you make small talk they don't mention having male companions or what have you.

What conclusion would you draw?

Picture two guys in their late twenties living there instead, a pair of well-groomed fellas who make Liberace look and sound straight. What conclusion would you draw about two men who lived together, walked together, and lisped occasionally?

I mean come ON. In your own personal experience have you ever had to walk in on a queer couple to realize, "Oh, gee. They're gay. Who woulda thought?"

These are will worn sterotypes. However, I'm sure I might suspect they might be gay. But suspicion is not evidence. And in a court of law evidence is needed. Also if we did live in a society that had capital punishment for homosexuality would my "gay" neighbors really be holding hands in public or having a physical appearance that would even slightly suggest they are gay? I highly doubt that. They would do everything in their power to NOT look gay.

Status
Not open for further replies.