Is Enyart a national celeb?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parel

I'm not from the US and to be honest the first time I heard about Bob Enyart was when I accidentily stumbled on the "Does God exist?" debate a month or so back.Is Bob Enyart a celebrity?People here seem to be influenced a lot by his views.

Parel

PureX

No. Very few people outside of this forum and the Denver area have ever heard of him.

Rimi

He was well known enough to guest on Politically Incorrect several times. And FoxNews. Not nothing.

PureX

He's already history. The whole Christian take-over of America thing is on it's way out. As the Bush neo-cons have become more and more arrogant in their attempt at manipulating government the American people have begun to see them for what they really are. And without the neo-cons pandering to the Christian extremists, the Christian extremists will be relegated back to the lunatic fringe where they belong. Enyart is about as extreme as they get without actually killing someone and going to prison, so I'd say his moment in the sun (what there was of it) is past.

Freak

PureX said:
No. Very few people outside of this forum and the Denver area have ever heard of him.
I never heard of the man until arriving here a number of years ago. Still don't know much about him. I know he's a believer in Christ!

fool

Hall of Fame
He has a link to TOL on his web site but the Enyart forum is one of the slowest moving here. So If he does have a big following their not big into posting

Hasan_ibn_Sabah

Bob Enyart is on the watchlist of some cult-watch, hate-watch and christian apologetic groups - here is what is apologeticsindex.org as to say about Mister Enyart:

Bob Enyart

Outspoken Denver, Colorado broadcaster, known as much for his ultraconservative fundamentalism as for his bluntness and rudeness (as well as some rather ill-advised actions) that reflect poorly on the Gospel of Jesus Christ. He prefers using the New King James Version, and refers to other versions disparagingly (e.g. "Reversed Standard Version" and "HIV version").

Enyart is a theonomist - someone who believes that Old Testament Law is as valid and applicable today as it was in Old Testament times. He is, therefore, a vocal death penalty proponent (who, like so many, uses long-refuted "arguments"). A portion of his novel, "The First Five Days -- The Rebirth of America" is available onlineOff-site Link It is a sickening fantasy of how "Christians" of Enyart's persuasion would govern America given the chance. Incidentally, though Enyart's book "The Plot" contains some 10,000 Scripture references, it appears he bases his views on his interpretation of 1 Timothy 1:8-10Off-site Link.

Enyart was, justifiably, listed on the late Hatewatch.org site for his outspoken hatred of homosexuals.

Enyart believes the best form of government is a "constitutional monarchy," and that democracy is the worst form of government. He is the lead spokesperson for ShadowGov.com.

Not surprisingly, Enyart's home church is Derby Bible Church in Colorado. Its pastors teach that God changes his mind, and does not know the future (Moral Government Theology).

See also: An Examination of Kingdom-Now, Dominion, and Latter-Rain Theology

In the opinion of the publisher of Apologetics Index, people like Mr. Enyart live like enemies of the cross and Gospel of Jesus Christ. Fortunately, Mr. Enyart's perverse version of Christianity is the exception, and not the norm.

I take it apologeticsindex.org is not to amused by Mr. Enyart, they also list some questionable actions of his here , he was also once arrested for child abuse source

SOTK

jack jackson said:
If I'm not mistaken, Bob served a prison term for that child abuse conviction.

Are you familiar with Bob Enyart, Jack? Do you like his teachings?

jack jackson

BANNED
Banned
SOTK said:
Are you familiar with Bob Enyart, Jack? Do you like his teachings?
I lurked around here long enough to get the gist of it. Some of his teachings are fine by me. But he seems a bit extreme for my taste. But I will tell you this: I do support the death penalty; always have.

Parel

SOTK said:
What do you mean by extreme? And which particular teachings?
I read somewhere that he sold T-shirts saying " homos make me sick"..maybe it's stuff like that?

SOTK

Parel said:
I read somewhere that he sold T-shirts saying " homos make me sick"..maybe it's stuff like that?

What's wrong with that? Homos are sick! I've seen many worse T-Shirts than that.

Rimi

Maybe that's why the t-shirts should say, "Homos are sick" since the bleeding hearts out there wouldn't care if Enyart was made sick by them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Parel said:
You think Enyart is extreme based on that? You should see some of the stuff God said through guys like Moses and Paul! :noway:

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
jack jackson said:
If I'm not mistaken, Bob served a prison term for that child abuse conviction.
...for administering a Biblical spanking.

You should get the whole story before smearing people you don't even know. :nono:

Or do you know the whole story and choose to smear him anyway? :think:

Status
Not open for further replies.