Is Enyart a national celeb?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thia

The Berean said:
These are will worn sterotypes. However, I'm sure I might suspect they might be gay. But suspicion is not evidence. And in a court of law evidence is needed. Also if we did live in a society that had capital punishment for homosexuality would my "gay" neighbors really be holding hands in public or having a physical appearance that would even slightly suggest they are gay? I highly doubt that. They would do everything in their power to NOT look gay.

Salem Witch Hunt, anyone? http://www.nationalgeographic.com/features/97/salem/

Granite

Hall of Fame
The Berean said:
These are will worn sterotypes. However, I'm sure I might suspect they might be gay. But suspicion is not evidence. And in a court of law evidence is needed. Also if we did live in a society that had capital punishment for homosexuality would my "gay" neighbors really be holding hands in public or having a physical appearance that would even slightly suggest they are gay? I highly doubt that. They would do everything in their power to NOT look gay.

They could get away with all of this because as you said, suspicion is not evidence. They could reasonably explain away just about all of what I described.

GuySmiley

It sounds as though hearsay or circumstantial evidence would be enough for you to put two people to death.

This was exactly my point, you are making it sound unreasonable without good reason. If we made homosexuality a capital offense, why does it follow in your mind that it would be punishable with only hearsay or circumstantial evidence? Do we currently convict criminals on nothing but hearsay or circumstaintial evidence? No! Just becase someone is saying that a eye witness is not necessary, does not mean we will then rely only on hearsay and circumstantial evidence. Scott Peterson was convicted for good reason and no eye witness was there. Jeffrey Dahlmer was convicted for good reason and no eye witness was there. But neither case was decided on hearsay and circumstantial evidence.

This law would be treated like any other law in our current system. I havent heard anyone who is supporting this idea say that we should also relax the burden of proof to hearsay or circumstaintial evidence.

If you disagree with the concept because you dont believe homosexuality should be a capital offense then argue that. But you (not you alone, but you plural, the opposition to the idea) seem to be arguing the idea on minor details, and by raising hypothetical situations meant to complicate the matter.

Greg

beanieboy

The Berean said:
I alsways wondered why it never occured to the people of Salem that the girls that were accusing everyone of witchcraft could have been participating in witchcraft themsleves or were under demonic oppression?

My guess? Fear.

In The Crucible, someone accuses the girls of lying. When the girl is accused, she screams, and faints. The other girls follow suit. The accuser is put on trial, and most likely, killed, following the bible commandment to not let a witch live among you.

So, instead, everyone lives in paranoid fear.

Sir Cast-a-Lot

GuySmiley said:
This law would be treated like any other law in our current system. I havent heard anyone who is supporting this idea say that we should also relax the burden of proof to hearsay or circumstaintial evidence.
Greg

what does relax the burden of proof mean?

beanieboy

Reality check - somehow, the Supreme Court passes federal law to execute all homosexuals.

What would the result be?

Not only would the 10 million or whatever people protest in the streets, but so would any heterosexual that thinks it wrong, and Bush would become thought of as another Hitler.

That's why Enyart is nothing but a yapping lapdog, who can bark all he wants to about it, but could never implement a mass execution by the government. He knows it, but he just safely calls it, like a Monday Morning Quarterback.

The Berean

beanieboy said:
Reality check - somehow, the Supreme Court passes federal law to execute all homosexuals.

Not only would the 10 million or whatever people protest in the streets, but so would any heterosexual that thinks it wrong, and Bush would become thought of as another Hitler.

That's why Enyart is nothing but a yapping lapdog, who can bark all he wants to about it, but could never implement a mass execution by the government. He knows it, but he just safely calls it, like a Monday Morning Quarterback.

Not to nitpick but the legislative branch (Congress), not the judicuary branch (Supreme Court) nor the executive branch (The President), are the ones that pass laws.

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The Berean said:
Not to nitpick but the legislative branch (Congress), not the judicuary branch (Supreme Court) nor the executive branch (The President), are the ones that pass laws.

Really? Wasn't it the California Supreme court that overturned Prop. 187 (I think that's the one), saying that the voters weren't informed enough to say that illegal immigrants shouldn't get welfare, free medical, etc; at the expense of the tax payers?

The Berean

ebenz47037 said:
Really? Wasn't it the California Supreme court that overturned Prop. 187 (I think that's the one), saying that the voters weren't informed enough to say that illegal immigrants shouldn't get welfare, free medical, etc; at the expense of the tax payers?

The judicuary brach has the power to overturn laws, good and bad. That's the price we pay for living in a constitutional republic.

Last edited:

Sir Cast-a-Lot

beanieboy said:

the result would be children free from child molestation. AIDS rate would decline. and alot of homosexuals being executed. less divorce also.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Sir Cast-a-Lot said:
the result would be children free from child molestation. AIDS rate would decline. and alot of homosexuals being executed. less divorce also.

Great, another blackshirt.:nono:

So, lemme be crystal clear on this: there's no such thing as heterosexual pedophiles, and straights don't get AIDS?

Status
Not open for further replies.