• Of course!

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • What else can you call him?

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • :duh:

Votes: 12 44.4%

• Total voters

elohiym

Yikes... this is like pulling teeth with you!

Let me revise the question....

Is it theoretically possible for you to be a divisive man in a bad way? (i.e., could it ever be possible that a Christian rightly reject you for being divisive - similar to Titus 3:11)
You answer the question first, Knight. :)

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You answer the question first, Knight. :)
OK...

Is it theoretically possible for me to be a divisive man in a bad way? (i.e., could it ever be possible that a Christian rightly reject me for being divisive - similar to Titus 3:11)

ANSWER: Yes.

Your turn. :)

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Col 2:13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;
Col 2:14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

Eph 1:7 In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace,

Eph 4:32 And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake has forgiven you.
Brilliant post! :up:

May I add to the above list.....

Romans 4:7 “Blessed are those whose lawless deeds are forgiven, And whose sins are covered; 8 Blessed is the man to whom the LORD shall not impute sin.

elohiym

So, it is very apparent that you hold to a "sinless perfection" doctrine.
Maybe you should state what you believe the "sinless perfection" doctrine is, and ask me if I believe it instead of making an assumption I would agree with your definition of "sinless perfection." That would be reasonable, don't you think?

As with your mis-application of 1 John and other Scriptures
It is you that misapply 1 John by rejecting it for "the Body." The principle of being born of God applies to the Body. Those who are born of God cannot sin (1John 3:9), and those who do sin are of the devil (1John 3:8) regardless of what dispensation you think the epistle was written for.

In the book of Romans, chapter 6 deals with the Two Natures of the Believer.
Wrong! It is about two natures, one being the carnal mind (unbeliever) and the other being the mind of Christ (believer).

However, the sinful nature of your former person--your "old man"--continues to dwell in and seek to rule your mortal body.
If that is your experience then your "old man" is not dead, wasn't crucified. He's still roaming around.

I don't have that problem.

God sees you now, not as the person you were under condemnation and death, but as the person you are in righteousness and life.
:duh:

But God sees abortion doctors who continue to murder the innocent as murderers, because they have rejected the spirit of grace. That fact that you don't understand that proves you have sliced and diced the word of God to render it virtually meaningless.

You and I were taken out of the realm of the flesh and placed in the realm of the Spirit the moment that we were saved, but the flesh was not then taken out of us. That old sinful capacity is still with us this side of Heaven. We are saved people living in unsaved ("mortal") bodies.
Again, :duh:....

When we lose the unsaved body, we will lose the sin nature that belongs to it. This will ONLY happen at death or rapture.
Do you think that the Holy Spirit is not powerful enough to bridle your supposedly dead "old man?" That is what you are implying. It is a form of godliness that denies the power of Godliness you are preaching.
When we are saved, a battle begins between our saved soul and our unsaved body. Paul writes of this battle that continues within us even after our salvation...
What you overlook in Paul's words is that he not speaking of willful sin at all. He is strictly speaking of involuntary acts that, under the Mosaic law, would have been defined as sin. Further, he explicitly states that he is not sinning ("It is not I"), but that it merely sin which dwells in his flesh. I already covered this. Pay attention!
It CANNOT get any clearer than that. Those verses/context make it 100% clear that we still retain the sinful fallen nature after salvation. So, we do and will sin.
Do you always walk in the spirit or not? If you walk in the flesh, you will sin. If you walk in the spirit, you cannot sin. I already covered this. Pay attention!

Col 2:13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;
Col 2:14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

Eph 1:7 In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace,

Eph 4:32 And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake has forgiven you.
Not one of those verses cover present or future sins. I gave you an explicit verse that stated it is the sins of the past that are forgiven (Rom 3:25), yet you conveniently ignore that. Why? And you cannot show me one verse that states your present or future sins are forgiven, because they don't exist. That's because YOU don't have a license to sin.

Ahhhh...The ol' "unpardonable sin".:chew:
It doesn't surprise me that you don't think continuing to sin in spite of the spirit of grace is the unpardonable sin, but it is nonetheless.

elected4ever

Knight
elohiym is perfect
Colossians 2:10 And ye are complete (perfect) in him, which is the head of all principality and power:
11 In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ:

So are you Knight. BELIEVE IT!:bannana: :bannana: :bannana:

elohiym

OK...

Is it theoretically possible for me to be a divisive man in a bad way? (i.e., could it ever be possible that a Christian rightly reject me for being divisive - similar to Titus 3:11)

ANSWER: Yes.
Then you should understand why I reject you. I'm only following Paul's counsel. ;)

Mat 12:37 For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

Your turn. :)
ANSWER: No.

I can only do the will of my Father in heaven.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I already covered this. Pay attention!
I already covered this. Pay attention!
elohiym, really... what is your problem?

Do you think Pettrix has read every post you have made? And even if he did, maybe your ability to "cover this" isn't all it's cracked up to be? I realize you are sinless and perfect but your communication skills could use a shot of maturity.

elohiym

May I add to the above list.....

Romans 4:7 “Blessed are those whose lawless deeds are forgiven, And whose sins are covered; 8 Blessed is the man to whom the LORD shall not impute sin.
That is Paul quoting a verse that applies to another dispensation you claim you are not under. Was David under your dispensation? :chuckle:

Slice and dice all you want, Knight; but none of you have shown a verse that states your present and future sins are forgiven.

Rom 3:25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God.

That's explicit. Naturally, I wouldn't expect you to use a literal hermeneutic when it defeats your position.

elected4ever

Elohiym
It is you that misapply 1 John by rejecting it for "the Body." The principle of being born of God applies to the Body. Those who are born of God cannot sin (1John 3:9), and those who do sin are of the devil (1John 3:8) regardless of what dispensation you think the epistle was written for.
That is heresy! Your body is born of man and cannot be reborn. If your body were not of the death of Adam then it would not die a physical death. We have been given eternal life in the spirit and not in the flesh. Roman 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
10 ¶And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.

If your body is born of the righteousness of God then what is the need of a resurrection and the changing of the body. You believe a gross error.

elohiym

elohiym, really... what is your problem?

Do you think Pettrix has read every post you have made? And even if he did, maybe your ability to "cover this" isn't all it's cracked up to be?
I covered it between his last two posts. I shouldn't have to explain myself over and over again, when he is welcome to dissect my posts and ask questions for clarification. He is acting like I haven't made an argument, when I have, and that argument already refuted or mooted his point.

I realize you are sinless and perfect but your communication skills could use a shot of maturity.
Says you. :chuckle:

Come on, Knight, enough with the jokes.

elohiym

ElohiymThat is heresy! Your body is born of man and cannot be reborn. If your body were not of the death of Adam then it would not die a physical death. We have been given eternal life in the spirit and not in the flesh. Roman 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
10 ¶And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.

If your body is born of the righteousness of God then what is the need of a resurrection and the changing of the body. You believe a gross error.
What are you talking about?!?

He believes that 1 John does not apply to the Body (the dispensation he believes he is under). That is what I meant. I never said or even implied anywhere on this thread that flesh can be born of God.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I disagree. I think the objection is appropriate. Especially when Mystery did nothing to get banned for this time.

Just so you know, I didn't ban him for his last post. I don't think that it was necessarily deserving of being banned but it did warrant an infraction. He already had 2 infractions (big surprise there) and since 3 of them result in a member being banned, that is why this occured.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
QUESTION: Is it theoretically possible for you to be a divisive man in a bad way?
ANSWER: No.

I can only do the will of my Father in heaven.
And there ya have it folks!

The very pinnacle of self righteousness! No matter what elohiym does, no matter how wrong, evil or wicked according to him it will always be righteous and in-line with God's will.

It isn't that he doesn't think a Christians sin is covered (like most Christians think - Romans 4:7)
And it isn't that he thinks that sin gets a name change in-Christ (like Sozo, e4e, Lighthouse)
Yet, instead he believes that he is sinless perfection! He IS the standard!

elohiym cannot do wrong, he is perfect in all his ways. In fact, he cannot even hypothetically do something wrong ion that there isn't even a possibility that he could act in opposition to God's will. He is therefore right and we are wrong by fiat.

elected4ever

That is Paul quoting a verse that applies to another dispensation you claim you are not under. Was David under your dispensation? :chuckle:

Slice and dice all you want, Knight; but none of you have shown a verse that states your present and future sins are forgiven.

Rom 3:25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God.

That's explicit. Naturally, I wouldn't expect you to use a literal hermeneutic when it defeats your position.
Do you know why the sins of the past are mentioned Elohiym? Here is your answer,1 John 1:7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.
There are no future sins. How much sin are we cleansed from Elohiym?
1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
If we have been cleansed from all unrighteousness and made the righteousness of God, How is it that the righteous sin? Your doctrine is one of merit and not one of grace there fore you have departed from the faith.

elected4ever

What are you talking about?!?

He believes that 1 John does not apply to the Body (the dispensation he believes he is under). That is what I meant. I never said or even implied anywhere on this thread that flesh can be born of God.
That is implied by your comment. Maybe you should think about what you say before committing it to paper.

elohiym

Do you know why the sins of the past are mentioned Elohiym? Here is your answer,1 John 1:7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.
There are no future sins.
That's right! There are no future sins for a believer. That is why Knight and Petrix can't show me a single verse to support their position.
How much sin are we cleansed from Elohiym?
All!
If we have been cleansed from all unrighteousness and made the righteousness of God, How is it that the righteous sin?
Your question makes no sense to me. Can you rephrase it.
Your doctrine is one of merit and not one of grace there fore you have departed from the faith.
What are you talking about? I think you have misread something. I preach salvation by grace through faith alone, not works.

elohiym

The very pinnacle of self righteousness! No matter what elohiym does, no matter how wrong, evil or wicked according to him it will always be righteous and in-line with God's will.
Those are your words, not mine. I said I can only do the will of my Father in heaven, and you decided to read all that into it. Based on that reasoning, you might as well call Jesus self-righteous. :kookoo:

I don't do anything against my Father's will, Knight. I walk in the spirit always! My flesh has been crucified and my old man is dead.

Ironically, it is YOU that believe that no matter how wrong, evil or wicked the acts you do are, according to YOU it will always be righteous and in-line with God's will. That is why you believe an abortion doctor can be a Christian while he continues to murder babies.
elohiym cannot do wrong, he is perfect in all his ways.
Just like Job!

Job 1:8 And the LORD said unto Satan, Hast thou considered my servant Job, that there is none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil?

God gave me His righteousness just as He did Job. And just like Job's "friends" you are trying to convince me I'm a sinner. :sibbie:

In fact, he cannot even hypothetically do something wrong ion that there isn't even a possibility that he could act in opposition to God's will. He is therefore right and we are wrong by fiat.
You are wrong because you are a servant to sin, not because I am right. You can be free from sin, too, if only you believed. It's not hard, requires no effort, just faith. All you are doing is trying to make an argument against the truth by attempting to mock me, but you are failing.

You think it takes free ability to cease from sin, but that just proves you think it takes effort to cease from sin. It's not about effort, but nature. It's not my nature to sin, but presently it is your nature to sin. You can't stop sinning because it is your nature, and I can't start sinning because it is my nature.

elected4ever

Those are your words, not mine. I said I can only do the will of my Father in heaven, and you decided to read all that into it. Based on that reasoning, you might as well call Jesus self-righteous. :kookoo:

I don't do anything against my Father's will, Knight. I walk in the spirit always! My flesh has been crucified and my old man is dead.

Ironically, it is YOU that believe that no matter how wrong, evil or wicked the acts you do are, according to YOU it will always be righteous and in-line with God's will. That is why you believe an abortion doctor can be a Christian while he continues to murder babies.
Just like Job!

Job 1:8 And the LORD said unto Satan, Hast thou considered my servant Job, that there is none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil?

God gave me His righteousness just as He did Job. And just like Job's "friends" you are trying to convince me I'm a sinner. :sibbie:

You are wrong because you are a servant to sin, not because I am right. You can be free from sin, too, if only you believed. It's not hard, requires no effort, just faith. All you are doing is trying to make an argument against the truth by attempting to mock me, but you are failing.

You think it takes free ability to cease from sin, but that just proves you think it takes effort to cease from sin. It's not about effort, but nature. It's not my nature to sin, but presently it is your nature to sin. You can't stop sinning because it is your nature, and I can't start sinning because it is my nature.
I find your terms of expression to be lacking. You are not communicating well. You seem to be saying one thing and meaning another. This makes you very confusing to the reader.

elohiym

That is implied by your comment. Maybe you should think about what you say before committing it to paper.
No it was not implied by my comment, because I capitalized the word "Body." And I was responding to his posts based on his response to my post. The context was crystal clear.

Look, I'm not responsible for your reading comprehension. Have whatever opinion you like of me. All I care about is the truth. If what you say i true, I'll agree. If what you say is false, I will challenge it, as I have done in the past.

Besides, E4E, you rejected me as a brother ages ago. Did you change your mind, and now are changing it back again? I can't keep up with your opinion about me, so please refrain from sharing it.

elohiym

I find your terms of expression to be lacking. You are not communicating well. You seem to be saying one thing and meaning another. This makes you very confusing to the reader.
Isn't that the pot calling the kettle black?

Regardless of your opinion, I have communicated effectively with several people on this forum, so I am satisfied with my ability.