• Of course!

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • What else can you call him?

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • :duh:

Votes: 12 44.4%

• Total voters

elected4ever

No it was not implied by my comment, because I capitalized the word "Body." And I was responding to his posts based on his response to my post. The context was crystal clear.

Look, I'm not responsible for your reading comprehension. Have whatever opinion you like of me. All I care about is the truth. If what you say i true, I'll agree. If what you say is false, I will challenge it, as I have done in the past.

Besides, E4E, you rejected me as a brother ages ago. Did you change your mind, and now are changing it back again? I can't keep up with your opinion about me, so please refrain from sharing it.
If I remember you apoligized for you mistake. There is nothing wrong with my reading skills but I think there is something wrong with your communication skills. I was poor at that when I got here and I hope they have improved over time. What is the use of saying something if what you say does not match your thought. Even I took you to mean something other than what you meant. I have not written you off as you suggest but trying to encourage you to get better at what you intend to be saying. Now if what you are saying is what you intend then you and I will indeed have problems because I can only judge what you write here.:noid:

BKWinnie

Let's see how long your friendship lasts if he starts posting here.
And if he didn't, I doubt he would still be your friend.
That is why I have relationships with a variety of people who don't share the same theological views that I do. You are trying to make it appear that you are capable of that with your puffed up rhetoric, but it's just hot air in my opinion. Once the clique on TOL gives someone a thumbs down, you'll toss "relationship" and "fellowship" out the window. You are so transparent, PK, they should call you Casper.

as I have read through these posts of yours I am stunned that you would be so bold as to make these kinds of remarks about someone that you don't know. For the record, PastorKevin is a wonderful man, a wonderful father, a wonderful husband, and a wonderful Pastor from anyone and everyone who actually knows him. Judging from the way you have talked about him here in these threads you should be ashamed of yourself.

I do not post on here very often because I am busy being a wife and a teacher to my children, but I think you have a lot of nerve saying these things about a man of God who loves the Lord with all of his heart, soul, mind, and strength. Maybe you feel convicted because he has exposed you and shown you from the Bible that you are wrong?

I am proud to call Kevin my husband and my Pastor. :)

elohiym

If I remember you apoligized for you mistake. There is nothing wrong with my reading skills but I think there is something wrong with your communication skills. I was poor at that when I got here and I hope they have improved over time. What is the use of saying something if what you say does not match your thought. Even I took you to mean something other than what you meant. I have not written you off as you suggest but trying to encourage you to get better at what you intend to be saying. Now if what you are saying is what you intend then you and I will indeed have problems because I can only judge what you write here.:noid:
Yes I did apologize for my mistake, because it was a gross error on my part. Jesus could not have sinned; it was an impossibility for him to sin, as he had no choice in the matter. You were right and I was wrong.

But where do we differ now? Is it that I believe it is impossible for a believer to commit murder as surely as it was impossible for Jesus to commit murder?

I don't see that the definition of sin has changed; it hasn't. If a person murders someone, he is not, and never was a believer.

1John 3:15 Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.

That verse is true, and it applies to any believer.

Is it still you nature to be capable of murder, E4E?

elohiym

as I have read through these posts of yours I am stunned that you would be so bold as to make these kinds of remarks about someone that you don't know. For the record, PastorKevin is a wonderful man, a wonderful father, a wonderful husband, and a wonderful Pastor from anyone and everyone who actually knows him. Judging from the way you have talked about him here in these threads you should be ashamed of yourself.
Then you should tell him that he should be ashamed of what he has written about me and others so you don't appear to be a hypocrite. I stand by what I stated about him because that is what he has revealed about himself to me. Do you want to see how he was the first to insult me and others, claim people were not Christians first, or some of the other posts where he proves himself to be divisive and a lackey?
I do not post on here very often because I am busy being a wife and a teacher to my children, but I think you have a lot of nerve saying these things about a man of God who loves the Lord with all of his heart, soul, mind, and strength.
I agree that I have a lot of nerve, but I doubt your assessment, which seems to be implying that PK is perfect and without fault here.

I do appreciate and respect your willingness to jump on here and defend your man.
Maybe you feel convicted because he has exposed you and shown you from the Bible that you are wrong?
No. When I am wrong, and shown that I am wrong, I gladly admit it (as seen above and on other threads). Can you show me anywhere on this forum where PK has done that? I doubt it, because it does not appear to be his nature.

For the record, everything I have written to PK is to get him to think, so that maybe he will be converted and have salvation. To me, he's a fish and my words are bait. I am doing it for his, and your, own good, not my pleasure. If he still sins, and blames it on his human nature, then your relationship with him could be threatened should he sin against you. I would like to see that never happen.

I'm sure you are, and that is wonderful. I hope that one day I will be proud to call him brother and you my sister. Time will tell.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I preach salvation by grace through faith alone, not works.
That isn't true.

You preach a works based method of salvation.

Let me explain (as if it isn't obvious enough)

elohiym claims that a Christian cannot sin...
That's right! There are no future sins for a believer.
And you affirmed that over and over by stating that a Christian will never....
...sin in any way, again.
Yet when asked "what IF a person who claims to be a Christians does sin?"

You responded....
They were never saved, but only called themselves Christian
And....
He NEVER knew them, so they were never really Christians.
Therefore, in your gospel one must remain perfect and sinless to know for certain that they are saved.

And if one happens to slip up, then they are not saved, therefore one must maintain their salvation by not slipping up or sinning.

That is the very definition of a works based gospel. You preach the opposite of grace, and if Sozo were here he might even call you a pervert. :D

elohiym, answer me this.... hypothetically speaking.....

If sometime in the future you happened to slip up (lets say you stole a mp3 player from a store) would you determine that:

A. Stealing an mp3 player from the store must not be sinful.

or....

B. You were not saved after all and needed to seek forgiveness.

All hypothetical of course. ;)

elected4ever

Yes I did apologize for my mistake, because it was a gross error on my part. Jesus could not have sinned; it was an impossibility for him to sin, as he had no choice in the matter. You were right and I was wrong.

But where do we differ now? Is it that I believe it is impossible for a believer to commit murder as surely as it was impossible for Jesus to commit murder?

I don't see that the definition of sin has changed; it hasn't. If a person murders someone, he is not, and never was a believer.

1John 3:15 Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.

That verse is true, and it applies to any believer.

Is it still you nature to be capable of murder, E4E?
I was trained to kill like every soldier and marine. Yes I can kill. The question is then are you of the spirit or of the flesh. It is impossible for those in the spirit to be a murderer but not because the person is incapable of it. Thoses born of God do not sin because the SEED of God remains and they CANNOT sin.

My identity is in the spirit and not in the flesh. My flesh nature did not take a vacation and it wars with my spirit. The nature of the flesh never changed and is not born of God as you keep suggesting. It remains dead. I cannot murder because I am born of God but that which is born of man can. What you see is not what you get. You get what I am and not what you see.

elohiym

That isn't true.

You preach a works based method of salvation.
No I don't, Knight. This is just another attempt on your part to disparage me.
...in your gospel one must remain perfect and sinless to know for certain that they are saved.
No. One is made perfect and sinless by God, and one is sealed in that condition. There is NO effort involved.

Ironically, it is you that believe Jesus needed to remain perfect and sinless in order to be your savior, that he had a choice to keep or break the law. I don't believe that. Jesus had no choice to be something he wasn't. He is God and could be nothing less than God.
And if one happens to slip up, then they are not saved, therefore one must maintain their salvation by not slipping up or sinning.
No. One who is born of God cannot slip up...

1John 2:10 He that loveth his brother abideth in the light, and there is none occasion of stumbling in him.

All you can do is stumble, and that is why you must claim your license to sin theory is valid. If you truly "wish you could stop sinning," and it is God's will for you to stop sinning, why can't you stop?
That is the very definition of a works based gospel.
No it isn't, Knight.

A works based gospel is one where salvation is earned by right behavior, which I don't believe in. And your "gospel" is where salvation is earned by a blood atonement sacrifice, which is a works based theology. Yet in spite in that atonement, you think you have a license to sin.

You preach the opposite of grace, and if Sozo were here he might even call you a pervert. :D
He has my email, and if he feels that way, I'm sure he will tell me.

If sometime in the future you happened to slip up (lets say you stole a mp3 player from a store) would you determine that:

A. Stealing an mp3 player from the store must not be sinful.

or....

All hypothetical of course. ;)
Your hypothetical is foolish because it assumes a works based salvation.

I walked out of Walmart yesterday without paying for two greeting cards that slipped behind some pillows I purchased. I could have driven off without paying for them. What do you think the Holy Spirit had me do?

I can't slip up, nor can I lose because I belong to God. He bought me.

You always slip up, but cover your losses with a blood atonement sacrifice that doesn't even apply to your "dispensation." It's your license to sin, but you are driving illegally.

elohiym

The nature of the flesh never changed and is not born of God as you keep suggesting. It remains dead.
Find one post on this thread where I suggest that or retract your statement. I have affirmed over and over that the flesh cannot be made perfect, and that it is dead because of sin. Your reading comprehension must be lacking because I have never stated otherwise.

I cannot murder because I am born of God but that which is born of man can. What you see is not what you get. You get what I am and not what you see.
If I see you murder, are you saying that your are not a murderer? :dizzy:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Your hypothetical is foolish because it assumes a works based salvation.
It assumes NO SUCH THING!!! I am simply asking you a question based on your own assertions that I have documented in my previous post

Just answer the question! (for real this time)

If sometime in the future you happened to slip up (lets say you knowingly stole a mp3 player from a store) would you determine that:

A. knowingly stealing an mp3 player from the store must not be sinful.

or....

All hypothetical of course. I added the word "knowingly" for clarification.

elohiym

If sometime in the future you happened to slip up (lets say you knowingly stole a mp3 player from a store) would you determine that:

A. knowingly stealing an mp3 player from the store must not be sinful.

or....

All hypothetical of course. I added the word "knowingly" for clarification.
If the motive behind the act is not based in faith, it is a sin (Rom 14:23). Therefore, my answer is "B".

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
If the motive behind the act is not based in faith, it is a sin (Rom 14:23). Therefore, my answer is "B".
I rest my case.

You preach that one must maintain their salvation by not slipping up which is works not grace.

Based on your own theology....
You might not be saved elohiym!
There is no way for you to know you are saved (for sure) unless you live the rest of your life without slipping up.

Good luck with that. :thumb:

PKevman

I do not post on here very often because I am busy being a wife and a teacher to my children, but I think you have a lot of nerve saying these things about a man of God who loves the Lord with all of his heart, soul, mind, and strength. Maybe you feel convicted because he has exposed you and shown you from the Bible that you are wrong?

Thank you sweetheart. I am blessed to have a wonderful helpmeet like you! :up:

elohiym

I rest my case.
What case? You basically ignored everything else I wrote in my response to your lame accusation, that absolutely proves I believe salvation is not maintained "by not slipping up." :kookoo:

TIP: Don't practice law.
You preach that one must maintain their salvation by not slipping up which is works not grace.
No I don't, Knight. I don't believe that salvation can be lost, so obviously I cannot be preaching it must be maintained. I also believe that one who is born of God can't slip up, so obviously I don't think one needs to keep from slipping up.

Did you by chance attend public school, Knight? :think:
Based on your own theology....
You might not be saved elohiym!
There is no way for you to know you are saved (for sure) unless you live the rest of your life without slipping up.
Relax! You don't have to do the devils job for him. He is perfectly capable of tempting me, but to no avail. I laugh at him even louder than I laugh at you.

How can anybody be sure you will not steal from them, or do worse to them or their children? They can't be sure. You might slip up. What will you say, "Oops, but I'm a Christian, and I have a license to make sin. Sorry about your kid (or wife, or stuff, or whatever)."

You are a slave to sin, and so you remain a danger to yourself and others.

Good luck with that. :thumb:
Luck is a pagan concept, Knight. Are you a pagan now?

PKevman

elohiym said:
Then you should tell him that he should be ashamed of what he has written about me and others

Please by all means enlighten me as to what I should be ashamed of what I have written about you and "others" and what "others" you are referring to. Here is a chance to lay your evidence out. Otherwise you are a liar and a false accuser.

so you don't appear to be a hypocrite.

She is far from a hypocrite dude. You are though.

I stand by what I stated about him because that is what he has revealed about himself to me.

You lie again. You have misrepresented me continually in so many threads. I have stood up to your accusations against God and His Word and you don't like it. You couldn't stand the fact that there are strong Biblical arguments against your wacky positions. So you turned it personal. But I will not be sucked into your silly games.

Do you want to see how he was the first to insult me and others, claim people were not Christians first, or some of the other posts where he proves himself to be divisive and a lackey?

More lies. You, Mystery, and E4E first proclaimed me not to be a Christian or a Pastor and you also stated I was a fraud. After attempting to discuss issues with you for days, I finally said I was getting to the point where I agreed with Clete about you. Now it is firmly a fact in my mind.

I agree that I have a lot of nerve, but I doubt your assessment, which seems to be implying that PK is perfect and without fault here.

I have never claimed that I was perfect and without fault. You lie some more.

No. When I am wrong, and shown that I am wrong, I gladly admit it (as seen above and on other threads). Can you show me anywhere on this forum where PK has done that? I doubt it, because it does not appear to be his nature.

:rotfl: Then you haven't read a whole lot of my posts. I have always stated openly that if a position or belief I hold is proven to be wrong from the Bible I will abandon it. I think in fact that I already answered this accusation from you with yet another example recently. I abandoned Calvinistic views several years ago because I began to find them to be unBiblical.

For the record, everything I have written to PK is to get him to think, so that maybe he will be converted and have salvation.

You lie some more. I have already been converted and accepted Jesus Christ years ago jack. Otherwise I would still be living a life of sin. God changed me and no matter how many times you, Mystery, E4E or anyone like you attempts to say I'm not saved, you only further show yourselves to be liars and not of the truth.

Further how exactly was saying that if I had a friend on this site then they wouldn't be my friend for long designed to encourage me to "be converted and have salvation"? No. You have resorted to cheap shots and low blows because you're a coward who cannot openly discuss his positions without resorting to lame and meaningless insults.

To me, he's a fish and my words are bait. I am doing it for his, and your, own good, not my pleasure. If he still sins, and blames it on his human nature, then your relationship with him could be threatened should he sin against you. I would like to see that never happen.

You're an idiot man. Totally and completely! And I am completely justified in calling you that by the way!

I'm sure you are, and that is wonderful. I hope that one day I will be proud to call him brother and you my sister. Time will tell.

If you are not our brother then you are not a Christian. I belong to Jesus Christ and have been adopted into the family of God. If you are not my brother than you aren't a member of the family which means you aren't saved.
We will pray for you to get saved, then maybe we can embrace one another as brothers in Christ.

elohiym

More lies. You, Mystery, and E4E first proclaimed me not to be a Christian or a Pastor and you also stated I was a fraud.
You are a fraud, PK. The statement you just made was a blatant lie about me. It was you who followed Clete's lead in stating that I was not a Christian, and I had never said you weren't a Christian when you made that statement about me. Now, because you are a fraud, you want to cover that fact up by linking me to others and what they said.

You called me level headed and blessed me until you saw your buddies attack me, and then like a rabid wolf you joined the pack. Shall I show you the exact post where you claimed I wasn't a Christian before I said it to you, proving what a liar and fraud you are? How about you show me the post where you think I drew first blood? Have fun looking for that, because it doesn't exist.

Stop playing games, Casper. God is watching, and you will reap what you sow.

PKevman

elohiym said:
You are a fraud, PK. The statement you just made was a blatant lie about me. It was you who followed Clete's lead in stating that I was not a Christian, and I had never said you weren't a Christian when you made that statement about me. Now, because you are a fraud, you want to cover that fact up by linking me to others and what they said.

You called me level headed and blessed me until you saw your buddies attack me, and then like a rabid wolf you joined the pack. Shall I show you the exact post where you claimed I wasn't a Christian before I said it to you, proving what a liar and fraud you are? How about you show me the post where you think I drew first blood? Have fun looking for that, because it doesn't exist.

Stop playing games, Casper. God is watching, and you will reap what you sow.

I notice you ignored everything else I said as you often do. If I were a fraud it would be easy for you to show so. Instead you just keep asserting it over and over again.

I think you take the cake as possibly the most arrogant and ignorant poster on TOL I have seen.