Is calling Beanieboy a . . .

Is calling Beanieboy a . . .

• Total voters

The Edge

BANNED
Banned
Nineveh said:
Then, shouldn't we as Chrisitans, up hold those judging rightly and correct those judging wrongly?

Yes. But there are people on this board JUDGING WRONGLY. They need to be abased.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
The Edge said:
Yes. But there are people on this board JUDGING WRONGLY. They need to be abased.

I believe they need corrected if they are in error.

You don't want to guess which person claims Christ yet admits he uses mockery for his own self gratification?

The Edge

BANNED
Banned
No because I don't know.

There are people on this board in serious need of correction for judging for self righteous reasons. And other powerful members of the board standing by them as if they did nothing wrong. It's that kind of stuff that makes Christians look really bad.

Caledvwlch

The Edge said:
No because I don't know.

There are people on this board in serious need of correction for judging for self righteous reasons. And other powerful members of the board standing by them as if they did nothing wrong. It's that kind of stuff that makes Christians look really bad.
:cheers: That's worth a round.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
The Edge said:
No because I don't know.

I will tell you, it was dave miller.

There are people on this board in serious need of correction for judging for self righteous reasons.

True. And they should be corrected. Dave is a good place to start, don't you agree?

And other powerful members of the board standing by them as if they did nothing wrong.

No, usually the only people who back dave up are his pagan congregants. Sometimes he has flashes of brilliance, but usually, he can't figure out the difference between Law and Grace.

It's that kind of stuff that makes Christians look really bad.

I agree, that's why I stand against him.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
temple 2000 said:
I just have to ask this question because I do not know. Chapter and verse in NT where Christ confronts a homosexual and condemns him? Just curious. Or maybe condemns homosexuality in general?

Unless you discount Paul, Romans 1:26 is a good place to start. But an even better question is: Where does Jesus say He was kidding about all that OT stuff?

beanieboy

Nineveh said:
Unless you discount Paul, Romans 1:26 is a good place to start. But an even better question is: Where does Jesus say He was kidding about all that OT stuff?

It was my understanding that this thread is not about homosexuality, but about christian behavior, specificallly the use of derogatory names.

Caledvwlch

beanieboy said:
It was my understanding that this thread is not about homosexuality, but about christian behavior, specificallly the use of derogatory names.
You're right. But like any thread, it has become a wee bit sidetracked.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
beanieboy said:

Romans is a good place to get familiar with how a Christian should view homosexuality among other things :)

beanieboy

Caledvwlch said:
You're right. But like any thread, it has become a wee bit sidetracked.

I believe that it becomes conveniently side tracked.

When questioned about whether one's actions are fitting with Christ's call to love your enemies, to turn the other cheek, etc., it is much easier to simply say, "Yeah? Well, the bible says homosexuality is wrong!!!"

At the vey least, I think one would contemplate that, hey, maybe there is some truth in what a fellow christian is calling me on. But most of it, from what I have observed is met with dodging, denial, or pointing the finger at the other.

So, do I leave here learning that Christians can dish it out but not take it? No. I leave from this situation learning that Christians are as human as anyone else, are resistant to correction as anyone else, and taken off the pedastal of expectation, I suppose. But even more so, I should be open to suggestion, but weigh it very carefully, for even the most well intentioned are often misled. I should face my imperfections, face them and not fear them, consider myself faulty, and because of that, able to own any fault that I have, able to work on any fault that I have, and to look at my fault, and through it, find compassion and forgiveness toward another.

The Edge

BANNED
Banned
Nineveh said:
I will tell you, it was dave miller.

True. And they should be corrected. Dave is a good place to start, don't you agree?
From what little I've actually read of Dave Miller, I have no problem. He at least knows how to treat kids. But the main person I am thinking of is not Dave Miller.

No, usually the only people who back dave up are his pagan congregants. Sometimes he has flashes of brilliance, but usually, he can't figure out the difference between Law and Grace.

I agree, that's why I stand against him.
Well, standing against our brothers is good Christian behavior, isn't it? It's exactly the behavior I see from certain people on this board who follow men, not God.

Lovejoy

Caille said:
The problem, Lovejoy, is that there are those (and this isn't directed at you) who have a very poor assessment of their own discernment, and consider any trash that comes out of their mouth as "pearls" of wisdom.
Quite right! And it is those people that forced me to vote "no" on this poll.

Last edited:

LightSon

Christ saved His sternest rebuke for the religious whited sepulchures. With that specific exception, I don't see Jesus engaging in alot of namecalling.

For those who were stuck in sin, he offered a compassionate "go, and sin no more". Of course, the case I'm thinking of, the person was ready to trust Him and repent.

If I thought for one second that calling someone an ugly name would help them to see their need for the savior, I wouldn't hesitate to name call. It is too easy to call names, and it scratches my fleshly itch to be mean. In the Spirit, I do not wish to be mean, but to be kind and gentle. Sadly, I feel that many who justify their namecalling do so out such a selfish orientation, rather than out of a desire of helping the lost.

Dear God,
help me not to play the hypocrite. Help me to sincerely love those for whom Christ died by taking up my cross daily.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
The Edge said:
From what little I've actually read of Dave Miller, I have no problem.

You were all hot to judge for wrongly judging, now you aren't?

But the main person I am thinking of is not Dave Miller.

Be consistant.

Well, standing against our brothers is good Christian behavior, isn't it?

Paul tells us after we have done all we can do, "stand". I've tried to correct him, but he doesn't want to hear what makes him feel uncomfortable.

It's exactly the behavior I see from certain people on this board who follow men, not God.

Yet one more criteria you are willing to level at others, but I doubt you will hold dave to that standard either.

Freak

Caille said:
Did Paul call them "the mutilation" ?
:bang: ...you're very confused. He said to beware of "the mutilation." Do you know what this refers to?

Paul was referring to them in the third person as "dogs". He was not directly confronting them and saying "you dogs" in their faces.
He referred to those workers that perverted the gospel message as "dogs" and "evil workers."

Finally, my brethren, rejoice in the Lord. For me to write the same things to you is not tedious, but for you it is safe.
Beware of dogs, beware of evil workers, beware of the mutilation! For we are the circumcision, who worship God in the Spirit, rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh, though I also might have confidence in the flesh. If anyone else thinks he may have confidence in the flesh, I more so: circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, a Hebrew of the Hebrews; concerning the law, a Pharisee; concerning zeal, persecuting the church; concerning the righteousness which is in the law, blameless.

Who were the dogs? :juggle:

Were they people?

He was rather blunt and God allowed this letter to be placed in the Scriptures that millions have read. Millions have been confronted with the language that the apostle Paul used to describe those whom perverted the message of Jesus.

Last edited: