Is calling Beanieboy a . . .

Is calling Beanieboy a . . .

• Total voters

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Dave Miller said:
IF the HS

I've noticed you use the same term for the Holy Spirit beanieboy does. And you type "HS" much like you refer to "H".

was able to lead you to a place of conviction, surrender, and ultimate joy in forgiveness,
why do you doubt the HS's ability to lead others in the same way?

I never claimed otherwise.

Your witness is a valuable tool for the Kingdom, please offer it freely, how the HS called, convicted and rescued you. Witness works, it helps lead people to the HS, but judging does not,

Pardon me, but conviction is judgement.

it just alienates people. I think you know this to be true, from your own experience, if you think about it.

And if you bothered to try a little understanding, I said the exact opposite. The Holy Spirit wasn't "nice" about me being a sinner. He didn't play word games and dance around how vile I was. His Sword cut straight to my heart and soul.

Like I said before, and you twisted: Anything a human could have said to me is by far less "offensive" and a whole lot nicer than God Himself looking upon unrepentant sin.

Last edited:

beanieboy

julie21 said:
#1...read my posts about why I do not agree that it is Christ-like to call Beanieboy a faggot. I'm not going to repeat myself. Here is one reason for you to look at so it will save you some time..

Manufactured = twisted ==taken out from their original context/meaning
...so are you of the world then Lighthouse?

#2...give me the post number for Beanieboy's translation and I will have a look.

go to www.godhatesfags.com.
There is a link to explain why, according to Phelps, it's ok.
It's not me.
It's Phelps.

My point is, this thread sounds like Phelps.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
SOTK said:
Wow! This thread is getting out of hand! :eek: Some of my favorite brothers and sisters are at each other's throats and getting pretty personal! :cry:

Look, I've stated my opinion and some of you agree with it and some of you don't. Basically, I think there is a time for name-calling and a time to not. I think name-calling, at times and under some conditions, is effective; however, I think discernment should be used.

Regarding the abomination of homos, it seems that those Christians who are not comfortable using the term 'faggot' do not deny that homos are an abomination to God. As long as they believe this and do not give homos the idea that "they are okay", I don't see what we are getting so upset about.

I think we should drop this topic before things are said which aren't really meant.

I agree with you here SOTK.

LOL we can drop it, but every time beanie shows up we get 10 more threads just like this one.

I did a search for the term "faggot" yesterday, I only went through about 250 of 300+ posts where the was used. I saw beanie refered to as a faggot once. So the next thread will have to be a different term he doesn't like, since it doesn't appear even the vast majority of folks who see nothing wrong with the term don't direct it at him. Wonder what he will take issue with next? He doesn't like faggot, or homo, or sodomite. I wonder what he will "approve" using?

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Caille said:
And if you were genuinely "of the spirit", you wouldn't be an obnoxious, abrasive jerk.

You're a poor witness for the fruits of the spirit

And you are leading by example? Or being a hypocrite?

Caille

Nineveh said:
And you are leading by example? Or being a hypocrite?

More semantic masturbation from Ninny.

Do I claim to be leading by example ?

Or are you being a hypocrite ?

wickwoman

Justin (Wiccan) said:
Don't make excuses.

Matthew 7:15- 20

15 "Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves.
16 By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles?
17 Likewise every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit.
18 A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit.
19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire.
20 Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them."

Do you Christians not claim to speak God's word? That is the meaning of "prophecy": a prophecy was not prediction of future events--though occasionally, your Scriptures state that prophets were given signs to verify their words. A prophet is one who speaks God's words. Yet many of the Christians here claim it is "acceptable" or even the "right thing to do" to speak ill of those they consider sinners.

And just where would any of you Christians be if your God did the same as you do?

Rom 2:1-4

Romans 2:1-4
1 You, therefore, have no excuse, you who pass judgment on someone else, for at whatever point you judge the other, you are condemning yourself, because you who pass judgment do the same things.
2 Now we know that God’s judgment against those who do such things is based on truth.
3 So when you, a mere man, pass judgment on them and yet do the same things, do you think you will escape God’s judgment?
4 Or do you show contempt for the riches of his kindness, tolerance and patience, not realizing that God’s kindness leads you toward repentance?

It was not God's judgement that leads sinners to repentance, but God's kindness.

Every single Christian who voted "Yes" on this poll is a hypocrite, and On Fire--whom I commend, for he did not vote yes--points to your hypocracy. Of his fellow Christians, On Fire said "They're sinners. We're all sinners." If each and every one of you is a sinner drawn to repentance by God's kindness, yet you are willing to cast derision onother sinners, then you "show contempt the riches of his kindness, tolerance and patience, not realizing that God’s kindness leads you toward repentance."

This I know, Christians: if, indeed, your Bible is true and I am sent to hell, before I go, I will stand as witness to your hypocracy. You are greedy, cowardly thieves, who have accepted the grace of God yet use the maliciousness of your hearts to drive others away from that grace, as if it were in short supply and you were hoarding it for yourselves.

It is not the skeptics and Pagans who take God's words and make it into a lie, but yourselves.

Justin

:first:

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Caille said:
Do I claim to be leading by example ?

No more or less than :Brandon:, "- Protestant Christian".

Or are you being a hypocrite ?

Funny, I didn't judge you, I asked which you were shooting for. Personally I thought your reply was a good example of being an "obnoxious, abrasive jerk". :)

Nineveh

Merely Christian
I guess ww missed the same parts of Romans Justin did...

"do the same things."
"and yet do the same things"

wickwoman

Nineveh said:
I agree with you here SOTK.
Wonder what he will take issue with next? He doesn't like faggot, or homo, or sodomite. I wonder what he will "approve" using?

You seem confused. Look who started this thread. It wasn't Beanie. So, whether he took issue with it or not, he dealt with it when it occurred. I've been there for many such exchanges. But, he didn't start this whole mess, On Fire did, with what appeared to be good intentions I might add.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
The OP was started because beanieboy was whining about being called a faggot. Which only one person has done, as far as I bothered to search. And how many threads have been spawed from this one? 4 or 5 so far? How about last time? Wasn't it 4 or 5? It seems to be a regular occurence upon his arrival.

Caille

Nineveh said:
No more or less than :Brandon:, "- Protestant Christian".

Funny, I didn't judge you, I asked which you were shooting for. Personally I thought your reply was a good example of being an "obnoxious, abrasive jerk". :)

Ninny - you're not worth wasting time on.

Caledvwlch

wickwoman said:
You seem confused. Look who started this thread. It wasn't Beanie. So, whether he took issue with it or not, he dealt with it when it occurred. I've been there for many such exchanges. But, he didn't start this whole mess, On Fire did, with what appeared to be good intentions I might add.
It looks like the "no's" still have a commanding lead, at least. And the "yes's" have yet to effectively demonstrate the validity of the "yes" argument.

Caledvwlch

Nineveh said:
The OIP was started because beanieboy was whining about being called a faggot. Which only one person has done, as far as I bothered to search. And how many threads have been spawed from this one? 4 or 5 so far? How about last time? Wasn't it 4 or 5? It seems to be a regular occurence upon his arrival.
Yeah, as soon as someone gets mad at him and starts spouting off as if they have some kind of divine right to unerring truth or something...

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Caledvwlch said:
Yeah, as soon as someone gets mad at him and starts spouting off as if they have some kind of divine right to unerring truth or something...

If you don't care what God has to say, that's ok. But don't expect others here to take the same apathetic attitude :)

Caledvwlch

Nineveh said:
If you don't care what God has to say, that's ok. But don't expect others here to take the same apathetic attitude :)
Fair enough. But the point remains. The "no's" win. Fair and square.

wickwoman

Nineveh said:

If God wanted to say something, it's likely we wouldn't hear because of all the :blabla:

Nineveh

Merely Christian
wickwoman said:
If God wanted to say something, it's likely we wouldn't hear because of all the :blabla:

He has said quite a few things, it appears some just close their ears because most of it "offends".

Granite

Hall of Fame
Nineveh said:

Not caring what YOU think ain't the same thing.