Is calling Beanieboy a . . .

Is calling Beanieboy a . . .

• Total voters

JoyfulRook

SOTK said:
Wow! This thread is getting out of hand! :eek: Some of my favorite brothers and sisters are at each other's throats and getting pretty personal! :cry:

Look, I've stated my opinion and some of you agree with it and some of you don't. Basically, I think there is a time for name-calling and a time to not. I think name-calling, at times and under some conditions, is effective; however, I think discernment should be used.

Regarding the abomination of homos, it seems that those Christians who are not comfortable using the term 'faggot' do not deny that homos are an abomination to God. As long as they believe this and do not give homos the idea that "they are okay", I don't see what we are getting so upset about.

I think we should drop this topic before things are said which aren't really meant.
:thumb:

SOTK

Agape4Robin said:
SOTK-
I think that is exactly what is happening. Because there are those of us who disagree with the name calling issue, it is being mistaken for tolerance. Anyone who has read my posts concerning wickwoman's neice, would soon find out that I am not condoning homosexuality. But in this thread, that seems to be the case.

Yeah, I know it. That's why I posted what I posted. It was getting a little out of hand. :(

Agape4Robin said:
But I don't think so much name calling is effective in reaching out to the lost, and I will not say that it is.

I didn't mean to imply that it was. I think I said that name-calling has it's place and that discernment should be used. In terms of reaching out to the lost, no, I'm not too sure how effective name-calling would be. :eek: Probably not very, however, I will say that name-calling worked on me once. Maybe it depends on the person and also the relationship. :think:

At any rate, I respect your feelings and position. Also, yes, you definitely have spoken out against the abomination of homos. I've seen it! :D

Lovejoy

It would be a wonder, wouldn't it, if thread turned out to be more purposeful for building bridges between believers than it did to burn them?

SOTK

Lovejoy said:
It would be a wonder, wouldn't it, if thread turned out to be more purposeful for building bridges between believers than it did to burn them?

Yep! :up:

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Lovejoy said:
Was that ever in dispute?

It seems to be the core issue of this thread. Either Beanie is a faggot or he isn't. If he is, then there should be no problem with calling him one. If he isn't, I still don't mind teasing him and calling him a faggot, but I would also like it be known that he's not queer and we're just busting his chops.

So which is it?

temple2006

I just have to ask this question because I do not know. Chapter and verse in NT where Christ confronts a homosexual and condemns him? Just curious. Or maybe condemns homosexuality in general?

julie21

ShadowMaid said:
Notice: You can have an intelligent debate with a 13 year old.
Apparently not here though I am afraid! My conversation with this particular 13 year old has ended, since he now considers that everyday , commonly used words...such as 'toaster' and TradeMark'...used in the correct way they are meant to be, are 'of the world'...and therefore on par with the ''worldly interpretation' of the word 'faggot'.
I chose to put forward my own opinion of what I consider as the correct answer for me, to the questin posed at the beginning of this thread...
Is calling Beanieboy a faggot a Christ-like thing to do?[/COLOR]
My answer is still no...and forever will be, based on the reasoning I have stated throughput.
Turbo... re your input via the SHOUTBOX re my unswaying stand...makes not one jt of difference to me.
Dread Helm... You have acted juvenile in your posts, and that is my opinion...tough luck!
Lighthouse...You have shown that you cannot go very far with a logical approach to an argument without getting yourself .tied in a pitiful knot and going for the digging up peoples ' perverted past' card.
BRAVO son...hope it made you feel all warm and fuzzy...because it certainly showed me that you boy, are FAR FROM CHRIST-LIKE.
Just so as you know...#1 You cannot tell how I feel about anything - past or present and you are just proving yourself to be grasping at foolish straws when you do, and.... #2...My whole family has had a good night's entertainment reading your attempt to tell me hoe I am feeling re my adulterous past. For I have put on my helmet of salvation and know whom I have believed..how's that for you?
And another thing Brandon:
Instead of trying to find a new church..try finding what it is that is Christ-like first.

EPHESIANS 4:29....Do not let unwholesome talk come out of your mouths,
but only what is helpful for building up others according to their needs,
that it may benefit those who listen

You may very well say, as I should imagine many of the 'faggot as being Christ-like group will, that Beanieboy or others like him are not listening, but there is the rub...no-one ever knows if someone is truly listening or not. :)

Last edited:

Lucky

Hall of Fame
The Edge said:
Could somebody summarize to me briefly why Julie is under such vicious attack?
Looks like she can take care of herself just fine. :chuckle:

julie21

Lucky said:
Looks like she can take care of herself just fine. :chuckle:
Nothing that I can't handle Edge...as Lucky has just pointed out. I can take anything they can throw at me....including the personal stuff that they may lower the debate with.
Actually, my mind is made up on the topic, so it's not really debate, is it...just a differing of opinions.
I will choose who I will respond to, as is my God given choice, just so that people know that... I do not suffer fools gladly...plus I have never had occasion to use the 'Ignore' function.

Ah well...back to the dishes. There is joy in them suds somewhere....if only I culd stop crying over what LH said about me! :cry:

SOTK

julie21 said:
Nothing that I can't handle Edge...as Lucky has just pointed out. I can take anything they can throw at me....including the personal stuff that they may lower the debate with.
Actually, my mind is made up on the topic, so it's not really debate, is it...just a differing of opinions.
I will choose who I will respond to, as is my God given choice, just so that people know that... I do not suffer fools gladly...plus I have never had occasion to use the 'Ignore' function.

Ah well...back to the dishes. There is joy in them suds somewhere....if only I culd stop crying over what LH said about me! :cry:

Keep your chin up, sister! You are a Child of God and don't let anybody tell you different! :)

jeremiah

BANNED
Banned
I, for one am so tired of seeing this thread at or near the top of the active list everytime I check out TOL. I agree with someone else who posted that we should put this thread to rest, especially since people are being hurt. Words can, and do hurt others, and this has become evident. I think that the majority on this poll have agreed that it is not Christlike to use a word that only is meant to demean, and hurt.
As I said, in my one and only other post on this thread; I do not think that we should call him a faggot, I think calling him beanieboy is bad enough.
Let's all cool this thread off for at least a few days, and those who want to call him a faggot can just call him instead, by the name he chose for himself. beanieboy :) :wave:

Lovejoy

It would have been interesting to actually put it to a vote as to whether or not the word itself should be censored, as many profane words are. I wonder how that would have turned out?

God_Is_Truth

Lovejoy said:
Okay, well that is hardly open and shut. That entire chapter is an issue of shifting principles that end with the people being astonished by Christs doctrine, which is to say that Jesus was presenting an entire set of rules for living, not just one theme. I certainly appreciate where you are coming from, but I find that (from my perspective) you are over-reaching (exceeding what is presented in the text) to form a theme that fits your beliefs.

i was simply giving my current understanding of the passage. i do not intentionally interpret the passage to fit my beliefs. it's possible that i am over-reaching without knowing it however. i am by no means dogmatic about that particular interpretation.