Is calling Beanieboy a . . .

Is calling Beanieboy a . . .

• Total voters

Ecumenicist

Anyone know where the etrm "Keik" comes from? Its interesting, like alot of short hand ethnicity terms,
it comes from Ellis Island. Jewish Yiddish emigrees were signified as such by the mark of a circle, which
in Yiddish is "Keikel."

Italians came in in massive quantities without appropriate documentation, so they got tagged "WithOutPapers"
or WOP for short.

Short hand designations used in a hateful manner turned into derogatorey remarks.

As for faggot, I stick with the explanation that its associated with the kindling was used to burn
homosexual people at the stake. Nice Christian designation, for nice Christian behavior.

If Christ hadn't touched me personally, I too might believe this false propaganda about the Will
of Christ and abandon Christianity. But fortunately, Christ did touch me, and I choose to fight for His
good name rather than moving on.

As I said, though, these Wiccans and Buddhists and Athiests seem to be defending His Good Name right
alongside me, and for this, they will find reward in His Kingdom.

Dave

Ecumenicist

Agape4Robin said:
Morning,Cal..... :D
I have been arguing with my so- called brother and sisters in Christ about this until 2:30 a.m., but to no avail.... :bang:

You're a good soul, A4R.

I gave up at about 10:30 Eastern.

Dave

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Dave Miller said:
As for faggot, I stick with the explanation that its associated with the kindling was used to burn homosexual people at the stake. Nice Christian designation, for nice Christian behavior.

Except you were already proven to bear a false witness on this statement once.

If Christ hadn't touched me personally,

He did? I don't recall you ever mentioning Christ in your witness dave. Only some ear tickling.

As I said, though, these Wiccans and Buddhists and Athiests seem to be defending His Good Name right alongside me,

If you walk like a duck and quack like a duck, and hang out with other ducks....

and for this, they will find reward in His Kingdom.

I'm sure they will thank you for your comfort in hell.

Caledvwlch

It's nice to see that the "no's" have pulled into a significant lead. I was pretty worried yesterday when there was a tie.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Agape4Robin said:
Nineveh.......
Do you believe that you can save people from hell by calling them names?

I don't believe I can save anyone one from hell no matter what I do. That isn't in my job discription :)

The best I can do is be lead by the Spirit to witness to people who are lost. And stay out of the way or support others who are witnessing.

Agape4Robin

Nineveh said:
I don't believe I can save anyone one from hell no matter what I do. That isn't in my job discription :)

The best I can do is be lead by the Spirit to witness to people who are lost. And stay out of the way or support others who are witnessing.
Ok, we agree on point one.

On point two....by any means necessary?

Freak

I voted "Yes" only, however, when the rebellion is consistent and open. I do not think name calling is redemptive when an individual is open to repentance and to the Gospel.

Agape4Robin

Freak said:
I voted "Yes" only, however, when the rebellion is consistent and open. I do not think name calling is redemptive when an individual is open to repentance and to the Gospel.
I vote no, because sometimes silence can speak louder than words. I would rather use my walk with Christ rather than my talk in the case of "rebelliousness".

Freak

Agape4Robin said:
I vote no, because sometimes silence can speak louder than words. I would rather use my walk with Christ rather than my talk in the case of "rebelliousness".
However, as Jesus did, there are times when name calling, to those in open rebellion, is appropriate

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Agape4Robin said:
Ok, we agree on point one.

On point two....by any means necessary?

If you want me to agree with you that harshness is never called for, I can't. I've seen it work. In fact, it worked on me. To be more clear, anything a human could have said to me would have been far more "pleasant" than having the Holy Spirit crush my heart with the sins I had committed, and worse, the pain I had caused others.

Just so there is no question on this point: I don't believe physical violence speads the Gospel.

I'm off for the weekend :) I'll reply Sunday should you want to talk about this further. Have a good one :)

Caledvwlch

Freak said:
However, as Jesus did, there are times when name calling, to those in open rebellion, is appropriate
How convenient. If, by my religious beliefs, I considered you to be in open rebellion, then it would be ok for me to call you a spooky infidel?

Agape4Robin

Freak said:
Like I said in a previous post.....Jesus's judgements were Holy and Inerrant. Can you say the same?

Freak

Agape4Robin said:
Like I said in a previous post.....Jesus's judgements were Holy and Inerrant. Can you say the same?
Yes, if they are consistent with the objective truth revealed in God's Word. Besides, others besides Jesus employed name-calling...the apostle Paul. Were you aware of this?

Agape4Robin

Freak said:
Yes, if they are consistent with the objective truth revealed in God's Word. Besides, others besides Jesus employed name-calling...the apostle Paul. Were you aware of this?
Book and verse, please.

Caledvwlch

Is it really acceptable just because Jesus and Paul used "name-calling"? I suppose this means genocidal terror is ok because Israel carried it out against Jericho, etc.

Agape4Robin

Caledvwlch said:
Is it really acceptable just because Jesus and Paul used "name-calling"? I suppose this means genocidal terror is ok because Israel carried it out against Jericho, etc.
That is my point, Cal.
Too much literal interpretation and not enough wisdom.
It's easy to talk the talk....now how about we walk the walk?!

Ecumenicist

Nineveh said:
If you want me to agree with you that harshness is never called for, I can't. I've seen it work. In fact, it worked on me. To be more clear, anything a human could have said to me would have been far more "pleasant" than having the Holy Spirit crush my heart with the sins I had committed, and worse, the pain I had caused others.

Just so there is no question on this point: I don't believe physical violence speads the Gospel.

I'm off for the weekend :) I'll reply Sunday should you want to talk about this further. Have a good one :)

Did teh HS crush you, or did a human being who claimed to represent the HS?

I too have been convicted, by the HS, after I have said and done things I regret to other people.

Its not pleasant, I'll grant you that. But it was the HS, no person.

How can you presume the "duty" of representing the HS in "crushing the Spirits" of others?

The HS is REAL, the does what the HS wants to, to its own schedule.

Dave

Agape4Robin

Dave Miller said:
Did teh HS crush you, or did a human being who claimed to represent the HS?

I too have been convicted, by the HS, after I have said and done things I regret to other people.

Its not pleasant, I'll grant you that. But it was the HS, no person.

How can you presume the "duty" of representing the HS in "crushing the Spirits" of others?

The HS is REAL, the does what the HS wants to, to its own schedule.

Dave
<feels the floor> Did :devil: freeze over? ;)
Wow......we agree! :BRAVO: