Is calling Beanieboy a . . .

• Total voters

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Bowser said:
"wholearmor isn't a fag---"

Completely irrelevent. The issue is self-righteously using bully words in order to verbally beat people into submission.

Hey, The Bible says that Jews aren't saved, therefore it's okay to call them Kikes. And don't forget the Ragheads.

You all know and ignore your obese relatives who do nothing to change thelr lifestyle. You would heartily object if your kids were labeled "Fat Pigs" by their teachers for being overweight.

As for being a troll -- well, seeing as how this is a slurword brandishing Pharisee-a-thon, being labeled a provative dissident isn't all that bad.
People of Jewish descent were born that way. Their ethnicity has nothing to do with their salvation. Some of them are saved. Calling them a derogatory name that is specific to their ethnicity is wrong. Same goes for "ragheads." Faggots are not born faggots. It is not an ethnicity. It is an abomination. And my kids won't be going to public school, so get off it. And they won't be fat pigs, either.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
julie21 said:
LIGHTHOUSE...WHAT PLANET ARE YOU ON AT THE MOMENT?

Have you BOTHERED to even read the posts son? I think not..unless you are just playing dumb!
We were, in the posts you evidently not read or just not been able to comprehend for some stupid reason, having a discussion about the NAMES THAT JESUS CALLED PEOPLE! :doh: :doh: :doh:
It was not referring to aanyone actually being a HYPOCRITE...try and stay in the concept of the posts PLEASE!
Just trying to figure out why you think it's wrong to use the word faggot...

beanieboy posted some information that shows that a word God used could be translated into faggot. So what's wrong with it?

Bowser

"People of Jewish descent were born that way"

Irrelevent -- they CHOOSE to remain part of the Jewish faith. So is it okay to call someone a Kike based on their adherence to Judaism? Why do you keep dodging the obvious with these artificial and piccayune distinctions?

Is it okay to use "Kike" and "Raghead" in reference to their religion. Notice how hard you had to work to get around "raghead"?

Say there's Fred, and there's Joe. Fred converts to Judaism. Joe converts to Islam.

Is it okay for me to call Fred a kike? Is it okay for me to call Joe a Raghead? I've asked you questions in this vein and still there's no response.

Frank Ernest

Hall of Fame
aikido7 said:
Most mainline scholarship agrees that the Book of John was the last gospel to be written. Many put its date some 40-60 years after Luke-Acts.

John has a Jesus walking around actually saying things like "I am the Light of the World." Right! Can you imagine the Jewish laughter and condemnation there? After all, he was a Jew speaking to Jews. That would be blasphemy right there,

John's Jesus also says nothing about the Kingdom of God and utters no parables to illustrate it. He has no concern for the poor and marginalized. He badgers "enemies" and calls Jews "children of the Devil." It's quite obvious John's community itself had a problem with enemies and fought back with a concocted Jesus written as a mouthpiece for their own faith community's concerns. Kinda like many believers.

Too much of America sees Jesus through the lens of the Fourth Gospel. After all, wasn't it the rainbow-wigged idiot who held up the signs reading "John 3:16" in the end zones of Sunday NFL games?

As a picture of the historical Jesus, John's account is outnumbered and flatly contradicted by the Jesus in the three synoptic gospels.

Don't let biblical illiteracy support your social fears and cultural concerns.

Please.
Jesus Seminar :cow:
I see you're still pursuing your :Commie: version of Jesus.

Atheist.

julie21

lighthouse said:
Just trying to figure out why you think it's wrong to use the word faggot...

beanieboy posted some information that shows that a word God used could be translated into faggot. So what's wrong with it?
#1...read my posts about why I do not agree that it is Christ-like to call Beanieboy a faggot. I'm not going to repeat myself. Here is one reason for you to look at so it will save you some time..
Julie21: Post # 448...
Jesus said that we believers- Christians - are to be IN the world, not OF the world...in using the terms 'faggot' and other terms that this fallen world has manufactured as a means of torment and vitriolic hatred to be hurled at those who are different, then we are falling into satan's trap of being worldly. This isn't what Jesus said for us to do, is it! So therefore, pertaining to the original question of the thread it is not Christ-like at all to call Beanieboy a faggot, and any Christian who does is therefore being OF the world, and therefore going against what Jesus said believers -Christians - are to do.
Manufactured = twisted ==taken out from their original context/meaning
...so are you of the world then Lighthouse?

#2...give me the post number for Beanieboy's translation and I will have a look.

Frank Ernest

Hall of Fame
Bowser said:
If they are descended from the tribe of Judah or are from Judea, yes.
Irrelevent -- they CHOOSE to remain part of the Jewish faith. So is it okay to call someone a Kike based on their adherence to Judaism? Why do you keep dodging the obvious with these artificial and piccayune distinctions?
:cow: Jews are an ethnos as well as a religious group.
Is it okay to use "Kike" and "Raghead" in reference to their religion. Notice how hard you had to work to get around "raghead"?
We prefer "sheet" head.
Say there's Fred, and there's Joe. Fred converts to Judaism. Joe converts to Islam.
Convert them to Catholicism. Then you can call them "mackeral-snappers."
Is it okay for me to call Fred a kike? Is it okay for me to call Joe a Raghead? I've asked you questions in this vein and still there's no response.
Well, here's a venous reponse then. I don't care what you call Fred or Joe. I would call them Fred or Joe. But, hey, that's just me. :darwinsm:

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Bowser said:

Let's go over this again. "Kike", and "raghead" are ethnic slurs. They are about ethnicity, and are racist. So it is not okay to use those terms to refer to people for any reason. Faggot is not about ethnicity.

Fred and Joe are in denial of Christ, but that does not change their ethnicity, nor does it make it right to label them with ethnic slurs. It is, however, perfectly fine to call a whore a whore, a slut a slut, and so on and so forth... If you want to argue this, don't use racist terms. You're only going to make yourself look stupid.

Bowser

"Let's go over this again. "Kike", and "raghead" are ethnic slurs. "

Nonsense. Kike and Raghead can be used as slurs for Judaism and Islam respectively. Judaism and Islam cover a multitude of ethnicities, so no, they are not merely "ethnic slurs" The term "Raghead" can also be applied to a practitioner of the Sikh faith that wears a turban.

So is it okay to call my Sikh neighbors -- neighbors who are multiple ethnicities -- "rag heads"?

The pejorative term "kike" has been used to malign Jews of ALL ethnicities.

So please stop trying to weasel your way out of an uncomfortable moral dilemma and answer the question or admit that you are inconsistent about applying your terms of disparriagement.

Bowser

Of here - - Since you attempt to weasel out of every analogy by exploiting superficial definitions, I'll radically simply it:

If I discover a word that practitioners of Judaism find offensive in the same way that Homosexuals find the word 'faggot' offensive, is it okay to use it on them?

Or:

If Kike was a term that referred to the practice of Judaism by Jews, would it be okay to call them this?

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Bowser said:
Nonsense. Kike and Raghead can be used as slurs for Judaism and Islam respectively. Judaism and Islam cover a multitude of ethnicities, so no, they are not merely "ethnic slurs" The term "Raghead" can also be applied to a practitioner of the Sikh faith that wears a turban.

So is it okay to call my Sikh neighbors -- neighbors who are multiple ethnicities -- "rag heads"?

The pejorative term "kike" has been used to malign Jews of ALL ethnicities.

So please stop trying to weasel your way out of an uncomfortable moral dilemma and answer the question or admit that you are inconsistent about applying your terms of disparriagement.
Listen you moron. "Kike" and "raghead" are racist terms, that have nothing to do with religious choices. I don't care if people use those term to malign people of said religions. I don't care if they've been used to malign people of all ethnicites. They are reacist termsd, and are completely wrong! How many times do I have to say it?! I said they were wrong the first time you asked. Are you illiterate?! Or just insane?! How many times do you have to have a question answered before it sinks in?!

I am not inconsistent because I won't use racist terms, you idiot!

Like I said, if you want to make a point, and have people listen to you, use terms that aren't racist in nature. Otherwise you will be ignored.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
julie21 said:
#1...read my posts about why I do not agree that it is Christ-like to call Beanieboy a faggot. I'm not going to repeat myself. Here is one reason for you to look at so it will save you some time..

Manufactured = twisted ==taken out from their original context/meaning
...so are you of the world then Lighthouse?

#2...give me the post number for Beanieboy's translation and I will have a look.
This is the post in which I quoted beanieboy's post: here.

And here is the specific excerpt: "I have overthrown some of you, as God overthrew Sodom and Gomorrah, and ye were as a firebrand plucked out of the burning: yet have ye not returned unto me, saith the Lord." Amos 4:11. The word translated "firebrand" is the Hebrew word "uwd," which comes from a Hebrew verb meaning "to rake together" (or, "to gather together"). In short, the Hebrew word "uwd" is talking about burning sticks of wood that are gathered together. That is what the English word "faggot" means. Amos 4:11 could just as easily be translated "...ye were as a faggot plucked out of the burning..."

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Bowser said:
Of here - - Since you attempt to weasel out of every analogy by exploiting superficial definitions, I'll radically simply it:

If I discover a word that practitioners of Judaism find offensive in the same way that Homosexuals find the word 'faggot' offensive, is it okay to use it on them?
Yes.

If Kike was a term that referred to the practice of Judaism by Jews, would it be okay to call them this?
If that were all it meant, then yes. But it isn't.

Frank Ernest

Hall of Fame
lighthouse said:
Let's go over this again. "Kike", and "raghead" are ethnic slurs. They are about ethnicity, and are racist. So it is not okay to use those terms to refer to people for any reason. Faggot is not about ethnicity.
Why? I know lots of kikes, micks, krauts, limeys, gringos and tacobenders. I'm one of the krauts/frogs, so it doesn't bother me.
Fred and Joe are in denial of Christ, but that does not change their ethnicity, nor does it make it right to label them with ethnic slurs.
Doesn't make it wrong either. Now, the denial of the Christ part --- NOW you're on to something serious.
It is, however, perfectly fine to call a whore a whore, a slut a slut, and so on and so forth... If you want to argue this, don't use racist terms. You're only going to make yourself look stupid.
He's already accomplished that mission from what I read. Actually, in my family, if anyone used the words "whore" or "slut" in direct reference to an actual person, the punishment would have been swift, certain and sure. Why? Because that's a moral and behavioral judgment not to be made lightly. AND, if y'all spoke or understood more than English, you would really be amazed at how some furriners refer to us Good Guys. (I believe the chinese phrase translates loosely to "foreign white devil.")

Who takes the furriners to task for their ethic slurs? No one. One-way street, is it? So if anyone wants to get on a moralizing, hypocritical one-sided ethnic slur kick, bring it on, Baby! I'm ready for a fight this morning. :bannana:

Your Friend,

Francisco (Pancho)
El Viejo Gringo (They don't have a word for kraut and a frog is a frog)

Bowser

"Listen you---"

I've given you at LEAST examples of the term "raghead" being used as a RELIGIOUS SLUR, whether it can be used as a racist slur is irrelevent.

If "Faggot" becomes a racist slur in the future, does that mean it will be wrong to call gay people faggots?

You really are just attempting to weasel out of the consequences of your blatant inconsistency. We'll see if you can answer my simplified version of my argument.

And now you cite Amos as a biblical precedent for using the word 'faggot'

Amo 4:11 I have overthrown cities among you, as when God overthrew Sodom and Gomorrah, and ye were as a brand plucked out of the burning: yet have ye not returned unto me, saith Jehovah.
Amo 4:12 Therefore thus will I do unto thee, O Israel; and because I will do this unto thee, prepare to meet thy God, O Israel.

This is desparate stupidity. Even if "Faggot" were being used here, it's being used of Israel, not homosexuals -- making there be more Biblical precedent for calling rebellious Israelites "Faggots" then homosexuals.

The words "your," "mother," "is," "a," and "horse" are all biblical terms, does that mean that calling someone's mother a horse has biblical precedent? Where's the roll-eyes smiley?

Bowser

If that were all it meant, then yes. But it isn't.

Presto - it is okay to call practitioners of Judaism the homosexual-slur equivolent of FAGGOT. It would be okay to call a Jewish person a Kike if by "Kike" you only meant a practitioner of Judaism.

Welcome to irrelevence, lighthouse.

Frank Ernest

Hall of Fame
Bowser said:
"Listen you---"

I've given you at LEAST examples of the term "raghead" being used as a RELIGIOUS SLUR, whether it can be used as a racist slur is irrelevent.

If "Faggot" becomes a racist slur in the future, does that mean it will be wrong to call gay people faggots?

You really are just attempting to weasel out of the consequences of your blatant inconsistency. We'll see if you can answer my simplified version of my argument.

And now you cite Amos as a biblical precedent for using the word 'faggot'

Amo 4:11 I have overthrown cities among you, as when God overthrew Sodom and Gomorrah, and ye were as a brand plucked out of the burning: yet have ye not returned unto me, saith Jehovah.
Amo 4:12 Therefore thus will I do unto thee, O Israel; and because I will do this unto thee, prepare to meet thy God, O Israel.

This is desparate stupidity. Even if "Faggot" were being used here, it's being used of Israel, not homosexuals -- making there be more Biblical precedent for calling rebellious Israelites "Faggots" then homosexuals.

The words "your," "mother," "is," "a," and "horse" are all biblical terms, does that mean that calling someone's mother a horse has biblical precedent? Where's the roll-eyes smiley?
Mission accomplished. Stupidity close to incredulity.

julie21

Lighthouse: This is the post in which I quoted beanieboy's post: here.
But that isn't the whole of Beanieboy's 'original' post is it?..in its entirety? I will hunt through to see if I can find the whole post, then see what I can conclude from it.
But you have not mentioned the post of mine re 'IN the world' and 'OF the world'...no comment or not worth bothering with in your opinion?

julie21

See Lighthouse...I do not believe, even with the Hebrew word which translates as 'faggot', meaning a bundle of sticks, is how the people here who are calling Beanieboy 'faggot', intend it to be translated in regard to him personally.
In my opinion, they are using it ,as I said in my previous post, as the translation commonly taken within todays worldly society - albeit wrongly- as a term of hatred towards homosexuals. The word has taken on a twisted meaning in this world, as have many others, so its 'root' beginnings , in this case, do not have any resemblance to the meaning it now has.
As with so many other things, the fallen world has corrupted even the original language. A word that had a meaning that was innocent, now has, in today's world, a meaning that has filth attached to it, because the hearts of men have taken it and defiled it, turned it into what they want it now to mean, so they can hurl it as a derogatory arrow at homosexuals.

Agape4Robin

ktjo said:
I can't believe I'm reading this garbage in a forum labelled "Exclusively Christian Theology".

Sounds like you may have read your Bible (once), but you sure didn't understand much of it. Christ didn't
refer to Mary Magdalene as a whore or harlot, only as a much loved child of God who, He hoped, would comprehend
and accept that love, which she did. Referring to a homosexual as a 'fag' or 'faggot' (check your dictionary, btw - a faggot is a small stick used to start a fire), does nothing to encourage that person to live as God has instructed us
and it certainly does nothing for you.

Blessings - you need them.
Give this man a rep point!!!! :BRAVO:

Agape4Robin

julie21 said:
See Lighthouse...I do not believe, even with the Hebrew word which translates as 'faggot', meaning a bundle of sticks, is how the people here who are calling Beanieboy 'faggot', intend it to be translated in regard to him personally.
In my opinion, they are using it ,as I said in my previous post, as the translation commonly taken within todays worldly society - albeit wrongly- as a term of hatred towards homosexuals. The word has taken on a twisted meaning in this world, as have many others, so its 'root' beginnings , in this case, do not have any resemblance to the meaning it now has.
As with so many other things, the fallen world has corrupted even the original language. A word that had a meaning that was innocent, now has, in today's world, a meaning that has filth attached to it, because the hearts of men have taken it and defiled it, turned it into what they want it now to mean, so they can hurl it as a derogatory arrow at homosexuals.
Julie, I'd give you a rep point for your last post, but alas.........
"you must spread around more points before giving them to Julie again." :doh: :bang: