Indiana Pizza Shop 1st to Publicly Say It Would Deny Same-Sex Service

shagster01

Such laws have long been on the books and still are in some states. They're just typically not enforced anymore, or liberals have had them repealed.

Liberals give gays rights. . . "Let's take this to the SCOTUS"

Liberals give adulterers rights. . . "Well, what can we do? Liberals repealed the laws."

:mock: Musterion

See, if, say, Ted Cruz said he's push for adultery laws, you'd say "This is why I can't take the religious right seriously."

You shouldn't smoke weed so early in the day.

I already don't take the Canadian seriously. If he stood to outlaw adultery at least I could admire him putting his vote where his mouth is, even if I disagree with it.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Well, then why isn't every other thread in the politics section about adultery (aka, "The Bigger Problem")?

Lack of titillation, I suspect. And it's a subject where throwing a rock is trickier than the whole gay thing, for some people.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Well, then why isn't every other thread in the politics section about adultery (aka, "The Bigger Problem")?
I guess because we wanted to trick you into using another fallacious argument. :rolleyes:

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You've been pulling this trick off for decades by ignoring the bigger problem. Well done.

:yawn:

Wake us up when you've got something rational to contribute.

Meanwhile, there is no reason to impede the liberty of business owners for the sake of protecting the homo agenda.

Arthur Brain

I was speaking in the context of marriage because you're the one who brought up straight couples engaging in who-knows-what. Since I believe that relations only between husband and wife are legitimate for members of the Body of Christ, that's the frame around my comment.

Did you ever answer my question on how you view the Bible? Is it the Word of God, or not?

Well it was already a given that you would consider the only appropriate scenario for sexual relations to be within the confines of marriage, but that's rather different to what comes naturally for people in general.

Where it comes to your latter then which one? Which translation? They certainly can't all be inerrant and I did say it would be better fodder for another thread.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
You know why I can't take the religious right seriously? Because they rant about how sexual immorality is so bad, yet never seem to introduce legislation to criminalize adultery, which is a FAR bigger problem than homosexuality.

Why is that? Because you don't want to arrest half of the church goers?

Where is the church saying adultery is not a sin, and when can i see an adultery parade for adulterers rights?

Where is there pressure being put on the church and christians to receive adultery as being ok with God and having our religious freedom removed over adultery?

Did you know adultery used to be a crime too like homosexual acts?

Liberals are who ended the laws on adultery just like homosexual sex.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame

Show me adulterers out demanding special rights and demanding that we sanction protections for it and when people are getting sued for disagreeing with it, and when it trumps religious freedom and when saying it is wrong becomes a crime.

You see that happening, then youll see tons of threads on it.

Even most secular people agree that adultery is wrong. No one is advocating it here, so why would there need to be tons of threads on it?

TracerBullet

Show me adulterers out demanding special rights and demanding that we sanction protections for it and when people are getting sued for disagreeing with it, and when it trumps religious freedom and when saying it is wrong becomes a crime.

How about those fighting for the special right to discriminate against a minority

shagster01

Where is the church saying adultery is not a sin, and when can i see an adultery parade for adulterers rights?

You need to the church to declare it not a sin and parades before you get outraged?

Where is there pressure being put on the church and christians to receive adultery as being ok with God and having our religious freedom removed over adultery?

Christians aren't having your religious freedom removed over adultery because nobody is refusing to serve adulterers. Christian businesses gladly accept their business.

Did you know adultery used to be a crime too like homosexual acts?

Liberals are who ended the laws on adultery just like homosexual sex.

I addressed this already here http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4283646&postcount=381

Did you know that it still is illegal in 23 states, but every single cop in those states are clearly liberal, which is why it's not enforced?

And, of course, every single one of the MILLIONS of adulterers in this country are also liberal, because conservatives are against it, right?

shagster01

You see that happening, then youll see tons of threads on it.

By "special" rights I assume you mean the "special" right to marry and the "special" right to have pizza at your wedding.

Adulterers already have those "special" rights. I didn't hear the pizza shop say they will refuse to cater a known adulterer's wedding.

Even most secular people agree that adultery is wrong. No one is advocating it here, so why would there need to be tons of threads on it?

So as long as people say it's wrong we can let it carry on the normal.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You need to the church to declare it not a sin and parades before you get outraged?
:doh:

How about you retract your opening accusation. People here do consider adultery to be just as bad as homosexuality.

Christians aren't having your religious freedom removed over adultery because nobody is refusing to serve adulterers. Christian businesses gladly accept their business.
Nobody is refusing service to homos because they are homos, either.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Why not just be honest and post a list of sins that will prevent a shop from serving certain customers? Now that would be entertaining.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Why not just be honest and post a list of sins that will prevent a shop from serving certain customers? Now that would be entertaining.

I wouldnt make a cake that said celebrating adultery anymore than i would celebrating gay marriage.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Would you ever ask a customer if they were an adulterer? Suppose you had your suspicions.

Why would i need to ask them, if they asked me to make a cake that said something along the lines of celebrating adultery? I wouldnt make a nudie cake either, should i be forced to?

Granite

Hall of Fame
Why would i need to ask them, if they asked me to make a cake that said something along the lines of celebrating adultery? I wouldnt make a nudie cake either, should i be forced to?

Then let me explain what I had in mind.

Ya got a married (straight) couple come in one day, buys an anniversary cake; blah-blah-blah.

Say a week or two later the husband, maybe, stops back in and picks up something--cake, or whatever; something with a message suggesting that it might be intended for a saucy celebration with someone other than his wife. One way or another, you have reason to believe that he's being unfaithful. This would just as easily (if not more so) work at a florist's.

Would you ask him at that point if he's cheating on his wife?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Then let me explain what I had in mind.

Ya got a married (straight) couple come in one day, buys an anniversary cake; blah-blah-blah.

Say a week or two later the husband, maybe, stops back in and picks up something--cake, or whatever; something with a message suggesting that it might be intended for a saucy celebration with someone other than his wife. One way or another, you have reason to believe that he's being unfaithful. This would just as easily (if not more so) work at a florist's.

Would you ask him at that point if he's cheating on his wife?

No, not unless i was sure of it or he informed me of such. Once someone makes me aware of something, then i am choosing to support it lending in its celebration or declining according to my conscious.

Everyone should have that right. A specially created item for something is just that - special. Not like selling over the counter what is sold to the entire general public. If they buy whats available to everyone already made, then what they choose to do with it then is on them, and i am not a party to it.