Indiana Pizza Shop 1st to Publicly Say It Would Deny Same-Sex Service

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Just like you agree to follow commerce laws when you open a public business.

:yawn:

Federal freedom of speech and freedom of religion cannot be ignored, which is why hobby lobby won their suit in the supreme court.

Since activist judges and cities are trying to cater to one community, why do you think laws like this are being created?

Not to discriminate, but to stop people like you saying we have to check our faith at the door of our businesses.

I thought you were libertarian? Doesnt seem you actually believe what you all teach.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Romans says that those who support it are worthy of death right along with those who practice such.
What support?

Ill stick with God on it, thanks.
By failing to comply with Romans and answering to the legal authority?

Or, if you mean that then you have to renounce citizenship. Because you're feeding quarters into the state machinery and it's doing more, actively, than you would as a baker. And you, as a citizen, must by your own sense of the loose definition, be supporting it.

So if you mean that bit of goofery I'm going to miss you. Let us know where you end up, because it can't be here.

Traditio

BANNED
Banned

Romans doesn't write a blank check for the State to command whatever it wants. The dictates of the State must be harmonious with Divine and Natural Law.

"But Peter and the apostles answering, said: We ought to obey God, rather than men" (Acts 5:29).

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
What support?

Tsk tsk town, you should know better than using that argument in any case where a man made law overrides what God would want.

See meshak, shadrack and abednego, see moses mother and sister - see Daniel- see Paul, and many of the new church who violated the laws of men to witness the truth- theres tons of examples where one doesn't ignore God for man.

Wow, mind blowing counselor.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Romans doesn't write a blank check for the State to command whatever it wants. The dictates of the State must be harmonious with Divine and Natural Law.
Who decides what's harmonious?
Tsk tsk town, you should know better than using that argument in any case where a man made law overrides what God would want.
God wants us to obey lawful authority. And you aren't being asked to sin.

Wow, mind blowing counselor.
Then try answering the part you stepped over if you really believe that what you're being asked to do as a baker is on par and tell me why you're still a citizen of this country.

Anyone who is making that argument should already be taking measures to renounce citizenship or refuse to pay taxes and make that known to the authorities in protest.

But I'm betting no one is.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
God wants us to obey lawful authority. And you aren't being asked to sin.
Yes, we are.

Romans 1:32 Though they know God’s righteous decree that those who practice such things deserve to die, they not only do them but give approval to those who practice them.

Then try answering the part you stepped over if you really believe that what you're being asked to do as a baker is on par and tell me why you're still a citizen of this country.

Because its not illegal to practice my faith here. Not yet.

Anyone who is making that argument should already be taking measures to renounce citizenship or refuse to pay taxes and make that known to the authorities in protest.

But I'm betting no one is.

Im glad to see you are in support of chinese women following their law to abort their kids past one of them.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Federal freedom of speech and freedom of religion cannot be ignored, which is why hobby lobby won their suit in the supreme court.

Since activist judges and cities are trying to cater to one community, why do you think laws like this are being created?

Not to discriminate, but to stop people like you saying we have to check our faith at the door of our businesses.

I thought you were libertarian? Doesnt seem you actually believe what you all teach.

And what do you call the judges who decided Hobby Lobby?:doh:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Yes, we are.

Romans 1:32 Though they know God’s righteous decree that those who practice such things deserve to die, they not only do them but give approval to those who practice them.
You aren't being made to give approval. No one can make you do that and I even suggested a way to make your disapproval plain as a witness.

Just because the Klan uses linen to no good end it doesn't mean Bed Bath & Beyond is supporting or approving of them by selling sheets.

Because its not illegal to practice my faith here. Not yet.
Didn't say it was. What I noted was that if you think that tangential an activity is endorsing/supporting then how can you pay taxes or remain a citizen of a state doing far worse and being far more actively involved?

Im glad to see you are in support of chinese women following their law to abort their kids past one of them.
I'm not. I'm arguing you haven't made a case that selling a cake in accordance with the law should be reasonably viewed as supporting homosexuality, where a prima facie case exists that taking an innocent life is violative of one of the Ten Commandments.

jsjohnnt

Yes, we are.

Maybe you missed it, but the closing verse of Romans 1, indicts us all; you are included in the group worthy of death. The repeated theme of Romans, chapters 1-8, is the sinfulness of man, and the salvation from our condemnation via Christ. I am quite sure you agree, except as you use this passage (1:32) in the here and now. You are no more free of sin than the gay guy . . . . nor am I. And that never changes, hence, we are always in need of the flow of the blood of the Lamb

shagster01

I am a libertarian on most issues and I don't have any huge problems with the Indiana law. What I do have a problem with is some of the dumb justifications for it. Call it what it is. . . A right to discriminate.

Granite

Hall of Fame
I am a libertarian on most issues and I don't have any huge problems with the Indiana law. What I do have a problem with is some of the dumb justifications for it. Call it what it is. . . A right to discriminate.

Once this starts to bite them and cause Christians discomfort personally I'd expect these ridiculous RFRA's to be revisited and or quietly abandoned.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

The law is dumb because it should never be necessary; people should be free to offer their services as they see fit by default. The only reason for the law is because a... pack? flock? ... :idunno: ... of homos started whining that not everything was going their way.

:think: What is the measure word for homos?

Last edited:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Latest wind sock from Reuters-Ipsos has public response at large this way, with a plus/minus of 3.7%:
Fifty-four percent said it was wrong for businesses to refuse services, while 28 percent said they should have that right. And 55 percent said businesses should not have the right to refuse to hire certain people or groups based on the employer's religious beliefs, while 27 percent said businesses should have the right.

jsjohnnt

Nope. We have been set free from sin and the law.
Yep. We have been set free from the law of sin and death by the continual flow of the blood of the Lamb. You need to reconcil I Jo 1:7-9 and Romans 7:14 -25 and its present tense circumstance for Paul, after the cross to your misunderstanding of what actually happened.

We are perfect IN Christ, sin and imperfections all. To suggest that we don't need Him after we are "saved," is silly.