Indiana Pizza Shop 1st to Publicly Say It Would Deny Same-Sex Service

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
I ask how many of these people asked before they sold a dozen donuts to the customer, " are you a homosexual" ? When we shop do we ask the check out person are you a homosexual" ? If they say " Yes", do we walk out with our groceries on the belt ?
If I am asked before I buy groceries, " Are you a sinner"? I say yes. Am I to be denied service ?
There are no reasons any of these questions should be asked in these situations.

Why not? Do they have a "Go Klan!" sign in the store? Is there a special "Klan Discount"? Or are they simply behaving the way they would if literally anyone came in to place the order?

Because if the answer to that is yes it's a very good analogy on the point (and I suspect that would be the answer).
So you think they could knowingly provide those sheets for a Klan rally and not be showing support for the Klan?

Just so, absent the baker being made to write its support out in the cake, which no one can make them do, there's nothing signified beyond commerce.
So two groom figurines on the top of the cake isn't equivalent to writing it out?

How is knowingly baking a wedding cake for a same sex wedding not conveying the message to the same sex couple, and everyone at the wedding/reception, that you support that union?

if an adulterer asked a Christian baker to make him a cake celebrating his adultery, you don’t think they’d refuse?
Exactly!

resodko

BANNED
Banned
Why not? Do they have a "Go Klan!" sign in the store? Is there a special "Klan Discount"? Or are they simply behaving the way they would if literally anyone came in to place the order?

Because if the answer to that is yes it's a very good analogy on the point (and I suspect that would be the answer).

if you were a practicing attorney and the klan wanted to hire you to represent them in a case involving them distributing flyers in selma last month, would you be able to turn them away?

if you chose to represent them, can you understand why others might see you as being sympathetic to their cause?

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
if you were a practicing attorney and the klan wanted to hire you to represent them in a case involving them distributing flyers in selma last month, would you be able to turn them away?

if you chose to represent them, can you understand why others might see you as being sympathetic to their cause?
While I agree with you that he could be seen as sympathetic to their cause if he takes on the case, and also that he has the right to refuse to take the case, in this instance he could simply be sympathetic to their right to distribute said flyers without being sympathetic to their cause.

In the case of a same-sex wedding and a bakery baking a cake for it the baker cannot be sympathetic to the "right" of the two to be in such a union without being sympathetic to the sin of homosexuality; by that I mean one cannot regard homosexuality as a sin and still believe it should be a legal right.

resodko

BANNED
Banned
True, but it's still a question of whether it's actually support.

I think in that case you're providing a service to the general public.

The question I would ask is, what is the better witness?

Is it better to refuse?

Or should you do the best job you can, making sure that your clients know you're a Christian and don't agree with their celebration (whatever it is)?

I think the latter is the better choice and better witness. I think it mirrors the servant spirit that Christ modeled.

41 If anyone forces you to go one mile, go with them two miles. 42 Give to the one who asks you, and do not turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you.

Matthew 5

should a Christian who runs a bakery have the right to refuse service to the likes of Larry Flynt?

resodko

BANNED
Banned
Yes, both hypocrites and intolerant to any other WV but, their own.

Than you also noticed I did not post in that absurd thread at all...what a stupid red herring by you...Got any more zingers there Einstein?

zoo’s more obsessed with homosexuality than acw