Indiana Pizza Shop 1st to Publicly Say It Would Deny Same-Sex Service

Granite

Hall of Fame
No, not unless i was sure of it or he informed me of such. Once someone makes me aware of something, then i am choosing to support it lending in its celebration or declining according to my conscious.

Everyone should have that right. A specially created item for something is just that - special. Not like selling over the counter what is sold to the entire general public. If they buy whats available to everyone already made, then what they choose to do with it then is on them, and i am not a party to it.

So it follows that if a couple you suspected to be gay were customers you wouldn't outright ask them if they gay, either.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
So it follows that if a couple you suspected to be gay were customers you wouldn't outright ask them if they gay, either.

No and even if they were, thats their business untill they make it mine and or try to force me to celebrate it.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
So you've got little issue with who sleeps with you until they decide to be publicly happy about it.:chuckle:

No, ive got issue with it, when they stick it in my face and demand i am ok with it, i don't care what they do behind closed doors and if they dont want me to know about it, they need to keep it behind those doors, not flaunt it in my face and demand i agree.

They say dont look, but flaunt it and demand i am ok with it. It would be like me forcing you to pray, would you like that?

Granite

Hall of Fame
No, ive got issue with it, when they stick it in my face and demand i am ok with it, i don't care what they do behind closed doors and if they dont want me to know about it, they need to keep it behind those doors, not flaunt it in my face and demand i agree.

Are you complaining yet again about THE PARADES? (Jeez, you guys and pride parades.) What exactly constitutes "flaunting"? Holding hands? Walking side by side? Being alive in public?:think:

They say dont look, but flaunt it and demand i am ok with it. It would be like me forcing you to pray, would you like that?

Spare me. I'm betting you have zero issue with opening a town hall meeting with prayer whether guys like me care for it or not. To say nothing of swearing on a Bible to tell the truth in court.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Try to stick to the subject: OP is about a business that said it would not make pizza in the case of a hypothetical homo wedding. Nobody has said they would not serve people because they are homos.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Are you complaining yet again about THE PARADES? (Jeez, you guys and pride parades.) What exactly constitutes "flaunting"? Holding hands? Walking side by side? Being alive in public?:think:
Ive been clear, when i am forced to agree with it, or others are forced to agree with it.

Surely youve read the news the last couple years.

Spare me. I'm betting you have zero issue with opening a town hall meeting with prayer whether guys like me care for it or not.

I didnt say anything about you being offended, too bad if you are. I said forcing you to pray.

Where are town halls forcing atheists to pray?

Granite

Hall of Fame
Ive been clear, when i am forced to agree with it, or others are forced to agree with it.

No one is asking you to agree with anything. They're asking you to take their money. There's a difference.

I didnt say anything about you being offended, too bad if you are. I said forcing you to pray.

Clarified my comment, go back.

Your issue seems to be your ever-so-delicate sensibilities reducing your gospel to cake and flowers. Oh, and pizza. Sorry, but christendom isn't exactly setting the bar high anymore.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
No one is asking you to agree with anything. They're asking you to take their money. There's a difference.

If i am creating a specialty item, then i am supporting it.

Clarified my comment, go back.

Your issue seems to be your ever-so-delicate sensibilities reducing your gospel to cake and flowers. Oh, and pizza. Sorry, but christendom isn't exactly setting the bar high anymore.

You are who seems to be offended at me having a right to my own conscience.

Why should you or they have that, but not me?

shagster01

Try to stick to the subject: OP is about a business that said it would not make pizza in the case of a hypothetical homo wedding. Nobody has said they would not serve people because they are homos.

If those "religious freedom" laws pass they will.

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
I think that if I ran a restaurant that offered catering and event hosting, I would probably take their money. If they asked me if I approved of their wedding, I should have the freedom to say no in no uncertain terms. If I really don't want to cater gay weddings as a restaurant owner then I would not be able to cater any weddings at all so case of discrimination could be claimed.

If they want to live together with all the rights and privileges of a married couple, that's fine BUT (there is always a but) If they ask me to vote for them to have those rights, as a matter of religious freedom, I will vote no and nobody has the right for condemning me for doing so. Doesn't mean they wont, but its not a right.

If a gay couple wishes to spend the night in my home then I do have the right to ask them to take separate beds. The hotel is close by should they decide they don't wish to honor my request.

I can not help but notice that the gay community does not extend to the Christian community the acceptance that the gay community is seeking for their lifestyle. It is such an obvious double standard that reduces their credibility greatly.

Granite

Hall of Fame

Well that's the whole point: No, you're not. You're getting paid for a service, otherwise known as "running a business." To "support" someone's nuptials seems to imply there's some gay voodoo going on that changes your heart and mind and tricks you into being a gay marriage advocate.

How can you support something you disagree with? Spoiler: You can't. Baking a flippin' cake isn't an endorsement of any given couple. It's what you're being paid to do. If you like think of this as keeping your fingers crossed behind your back. Your beliefs remain intact and sincere and you've got more cash in the till than you did before. The fear really seems to be...being mistaken for pro-gay, or something.

You are who seems to be offended at me having a right to my own conscience.

Your conscience is one thing. But ideas have consequences and I oppose unfair or dangerous ones.

shagster01

I certainly don't support everything the company I work for does. But I still do my work and accept my paycheck.

Many times I think the company has horrible ideas. But I still execute them to the best of my abilities even while NOT supporting them.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I certainly don't support everything the company I work for does. But I still do my work and accept my paycheck.

Many times I think the company has horrible ideas. But I still execute them to the best of my abilities even while NOT supporting them.

And you agree to that by being employed by them.

Which has nothing to do with this. Any more rabbit trails from you?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
That I don't see. If I see a Klan rally on television and a couple are taking a break eating Hardee's hamburgers it doesn't occur to me or I suspect anyone that Hardee's is endorsing the Klan. And I'd bet the person behind the counter wasn't endorsing them and neither was the cook. That's why I've noted the distinction between "Abbotts' Bakery Supports This Gay Marriage!" and two grooms atop a cake made by Abbotts Bakery.

Now I suppose you could argue that taking money from sinful activity is offensive to you and not do that...but support isn't there and not even a moral aiding and abetting given the act goes on with or without you and a cake isn't determining anything.

What you could do is post a sign behind your counter reading:

This store believes in the traditional notion of marriage, one instituted by God and answerable to Him, but we will comply with the law of the land and pray for those who use it to violate His.​

There's a witness, an objection and a compliance with Romans all in one.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
That I don't see. If I see a Klan rally on television and a couple are taking a break eating Hardee's hamburgers it doesn't occur to me or I suspect anyone that Hardee's is endorsing the Klan. And I'd bet the person behind the counter wasn't endorsing them and neither was the cook. That's why I've noted the distinction between "Abbotts' Bakery Supports This Gay Marriage!" and two grooms atop a cake made by Abbotts Bakery.

Now I suppose you could argue that taking money from sinful activity is offensive to you and not do that...but support isn't there and not even a moral aiding and abetting given the act goes on with or without you and a cake isn't determining anything.

What you could do is post a sign behind your counter reading:

This store believes in the traditional notion of marriage, one instituted by God and answerable to Him, but we will comply with the law of the land and pray for those who use it to violate His.​

There's a witness, an objection and a compliance with Romans all in one.

Hardees would be supporting the klan if they catered their event.

You know the difference between specialty service and a regular restaurant.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Thus shows the intolerance of the left & homosexuals... these people did not say they would not serve gays, they said that they would not cater/take part in a gay wedding...seems reasonable to me. Whatever happened to "reserving the right to refuse service to anyone"? Gays can bully their way into getting some rights through the law but, social acceptance is not anything that is owed to them from those that morally disagree with their unnatural behavior, nor should they expect people to take part in their social functions. I wouldn't expect a gay printer to print flyers for the "Westboro Baptist Church" either, people should have the freedom to decline based on personal reasons.

Yep!