Importance of Obedience - Law vs Faith

Epoisses

Some people want to put the Sabbath Day up there with Jesus.

Some people want us to honor the Sabbath as we honor the Lord.

However, the Sabbath Day was just a teaching tool---a SHADOW of Jesus.

Shadows are not the person, it is below the person.

We no longer have to obey shadows, we are to obey Jesus.

We are not to observe a shadow once a week---we are to observe Jesus ALL DAY EVERY DAY.

You actually posted something I can agree with!

God's Truth

Who made the Sabbath?

Who do you think made the Sabbath?

It was a teaching tool from God. The plan for salvation to be through Jesus was MADE BEFORE THE CREATION OF ANYTHING. However, Jesus was a mystery kept hidden until the right time.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
It was a teaching tool from God. The plan for salvation to be through Jesus was MADE BEFORE THE CREATION OF ANYTHING. However, Jesus was a mystery kept hidden until the right time.

Job knew about salvation. (Job 14:14-15)

God's Truth

The shadows foretold things to come for God's people. (Colossians 2:16-17)

That is right, and God's people had to obey those teaching tools, those shadows.

Just like we have to obey whatever God says to do. EXCEPT THAT NOW, NO ONE HAS TO OBEY THOSE SHADOWS ANYMORE.

Because Jesus came...those shadows were about him.

God's Truth

It is my belief that John was right. (John 1:3)

Do you believe John was incorrect?

Why do you ask such an offensive question?

John was right. Jesus is the Sabbath Rest, and observing special days is worthless, and observing the one who made the shadow is everything. We no longer have only shadows to obey, we have Jesus Christ.

JonahofAkron

Someone with a circumcised heart rests in the finished work of Christ and could care less about the shadow day.
The shadow still carries importance and significance. It still carries the outline of what cast it. If you cast a shadow and someone notices it, it still has your shape and features. So it is with Messiah; He is the Law in the flesh, so of course His actions flesh out the outline the Law is intended to be. He celebrated the Sabbath. So should we.

Sent from my SM-N910T using TheologyOnline mobile app

God's Truth

Job knew about salvation. (Job 14:14-15)

Job knew to please God.

What does God tell us to do now?

God tells us to obey Jesus.

The shadow was circumcision; the observance of special days, including the Sabbath day;; adherence to a dietary law, various external washings, and the sacrifice of animals.

THOSE WORKS ARE NO MORE FOR EVERYONE. There is NO MORE SEPARATION between JEW AND GENTILE.

WE were ALL BOUND TO THE SAME PLACE, the place of disobedience.

The dividing wall was destroyed.

The dividing wall was the ceremonial/purification works the Jews USED TO HAVE TO DO, but the Gentiles were UN clean because they did not do those works. They could have converted and did those works, but they did not.

No one has to do those WORKS anymore, for those things NO LONGER are used to teach one how to clean themselves, for the shadows are gone, because Jesus Christ came. When the light shines behind a man, it casts a shadow before the man. Jesus is the light, and in him there are no shadows. HE MAKES US CLEAN, by our only having to have FAITH that his blood cleans us. That means we no longer have to clean ourselves first by watching our diet, getting circumcised, and sacrificing animals, etc.

We still have to obey Jesus, but not clean ourselves by THOSE WORKS.

JonahofAkron

God rested on the 7th day of creation. Adam didn't do anything!!!

And it was a one time rest just like the work of Christ for our redemption was a one time event. He saved the whole world and then sat down on the right hand of God.
And while that is accurate, it sets the precedent for our lives: we are able to toil and do for six days and then rest on the seventh. It's for our benefit; why are you so against it?

God's Truth

The shadow still carries importance and significance. It still carries the outline of what cast it. If you cast a shadow and someone notices it, it still has your shape and features. So it is with Messiah; He is the Law in the flesh, so of course His actions flesh out the outline the Law is intended to be. He celebrated the Sabbath. So should we.

No way. Jesus Christ came and there are no shadows in him.

Colossians 2:17 These are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ.

I hope you consider what I am saying.

God's Truth

And while that is accurate, it sets the precedent for our lives: we are able to toil and do for six days and then rest on the seventh. It's for our benefit; why are you so against it?

We do not have to work at cleaning ourselves by having a priest sacrifice a lamb every day, etc.

We still have to obey Jesus! We just do not have to clean ourselves just to worship God.

We are reconciled to God and BECOME THE TEMPLE OF HIM, of His Holy Spirit.

I hope that you can keep agreeing with me about this Jonah.