Importance of Obedience - Law vs Faith

God's Truth

The command to cast all the dead branches in the fire is coming. What will you say on that day, disobedient unbeliever?

The dead branches were cut off when Jesus came the first time. Those are the Jews who did not belong to God by faith.

The old law was not based on faith. Some Jews had faith and some did not. It did not take faith to do the purification works.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
According to Paul the law was given by Moses but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

For the Law was given through Moses; grace and truth were realized through Jesus Christ.
(John 1:17)​

In the KJV the word "but" is in italics meaning it was added to the text by translators.

Last edited:

Epoisses

I got it. It's just stupid. He already claimed He was Lord of the Sabbath. The first day of the week was specific to sun worship.... That's pagan, if you aren't clear. Not something a sinless Messiah would be involved in.

Sent from my SM-N910T using TheologyOnline mobile app

Sabbath is pagan as well Saturn keeper. Paul spoke of those with special diets who honored their special days as 'weak Christians'. You're weak and unable to handle the strong meat of the gospel of grace.

Epoisses

For the Law was given through Moses; grace and truth were realized through Jesus Christ. (John 1:17)​

In the KJV the word "but" is in italics meaning it was added to the text by translators.

Are you SDA? I like to know who I'm conversing with. I won't judge you if you are.

JonahofAkron

Sabbath is pagan as well Saturn keeper. Paul spoke of those with special diets who honored their special days as 'weak Christians'. You're weak and unable to handle the strong meat of the gospel of grace.
Another interesting choice: calling something that God created and instituted pagan. I have to disagree with you. I would also caution against using that hermeneutic in the future.

Gurucam

Sorry. I meant that it was new that you were agreeing with something I said.

You are quite capable of saying things that are literally supported by revelations in the KJV N.T. . . . we all are.

You are also quite capable of saying things that opposes literal revelations in the KJV N.T. . . . we all are.

It seems best that when confirming things related to Christianity, one should have literal KJV N.T. backing.

The following is supported, totally, by KJV N.T. revelations:

"Jesus was a Jew. Christianity didn't even begin until the resurrection and rise to heaven of the physical 'seen' and temporal son of man Jesus."

The above is true, as far as the KJV N.T. goes. Christianity is totally based and anchored on the Spirit of Jesus/Spirit of Truth. And this Spirit was made available only after Jesus' crucifixion and rise to heaven. The Spirit of Truth is the Spirit, 'not seen' and eternal, Son of God Lord Jesus.

John: 16 KJV N.T.
6 But because I have said these things unto you, sorrow hath filled your heart.
7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.
12 I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.
13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

2 Corinthians: 3 King James Version (KJV)
17 Now (since 2000 odd years ago) the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

Gurucam

Galatians: 5 King James Version (KJV)
1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.
2 Behold, I Paul say unto you, that if ye be circumcised, Christ shall profit you nothing.
3 For I testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he is a debtor to do the whole law.
4 Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.

According to the KJV N.T. as quoted above, for a person seeking to be a Christian or a believer, Moses' law is literally a curse. Moses' law must be totally thrown out. You can realize this now or later, when too late will be the cry.

Galatians: 3 KJV N.T.
24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.
25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.

Christians/believers have God given justification, not only to throw out Moses' law but also to transgress Moses law:

Acts: 13 King James Version (KJV)
39 And by him all that believe are justified from all things, from which ye could not be justified by the law of Moses.

Only a false prophet and/or a false spying 'unawares' brethren will seek to return Christians/believers, to bondage under Moses law. Christians/believers have God given justification and liberty to transgress Moses law:

Galatians: 2 KJV N.T.
4 And that because of false brethren unawares brought in, who came in privily to spy out our liberty which we have in Christ Jesus, that they might bring us into bondage

2 Corinthians: 3 King James Version (KJV)
17 Now (since 2000 odd years ago) the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty
. (and justification to transgress Moses law

Romans: 8 KJV N.T.
2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

Christians/Believers (in Jesus) have God given freedom, justification and liberty to transgress Moses' law (the ten commandments) and not get sin but instead be glorified by God.

Romans: 8 KJV N.T.
30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

These are, the billion or so, people who are simply called to Christianity. These are simply aspiring Christians. These are not even the chosen few.

. . . truth cannot be made any simpler than this.

Galatians: 4 KJV N.T.
21 Tell me, ye that desire to be under the law, do ye not hear the law?

. . . get out from any association with and/or any use of, Moses law. It is flawed and a curse.

Last edited:

JonahofAkron

No. You are quite capable of saying things that are literally supported by revelations in the KJV N.T.

You are also quite capable of saying things that opposes literal revelations in the KJV N.T.

Seems that it best when confirming things related to Christianity one should have literal KJV N.T. backing.
I think you're obfuscating.

Epoisses

Another interesting choice: calling something that God created and instituted pagan. I have to disagree with you. I would also caution against using that hermeneutic in the future.

God created the first day and second day and third day and so on and he also chose the first day to come back to life on as the blessed inauguration of Christianity. Christianity is not about a day it's about Christ.

JonahofAkron

God created the first day and second day and third day and so on and he also chose the first day to come back to life on as the blessed inauguration of Christianity. Christianity is not about a day it's about Christ.
While I agree with the sentiment, the fact is that you're degrading the day specifically created for rest. If Messiah called Himself the Lord of the Sabbath, I'm sure it was for a reason other than 'I don't have to do it'. It's ridiculous and illogical.

JonahofAkron

I'd also like to ask of that's how you feel about murder.... Do you kill people and then say that Christianity isn't about murder, it's about Christ?

JonahofAkron

And if we are going to claim it's not about a day, we should probably ignore the fact that He rose on the Feast of Firstfruits. Since it's not about a day, we shouldn't get too excited about Sunday....you know, since it's not about a day.

Just so we're clear, if you believe that he fulfilled all prophecy, keep in mind that the fall holidays are still unfulfilled in Messiah.