Importance of Obedience - Law vs Faith

JonahofAkron

Just because Paul did something on a particular doesn't mean we are commanded to keep it. Paul also took up a collection and preached on the first day but of course you won't mention that will you SDA? Adventists reject the resurrection of Christ simply because it took place on Sunday.
Say what? I've never heard that.

His resurrection is fulfillment of the Feast of Firstfruits and that happens on a Sunday.

Sent from my SM-N910T using TheologyOnline mobile app

God's Truth

Paul never makes this distinction in Romans.

Paul was a Pharisee and made sure that people upheld the purification/ceremonial works of the law before he became a Christian. IT IS THE WORKS THAT kept Jews and Gentiles separate. It is the no works that Paul teaches us about, but UNSTABLE and ignorant people misunderstand Paul, see 2 Peter 3:16, and 17.

The Jews did those purification/ceremonial works for over 1,600 years.

themuzicman

I am talking about the New Testament.

Think about why you are so confused.

I know what Jesus says why you are confused.

Really? Do you realize that Jesus' ministry was to the Old Covenant Jews? That he discussed and directed these Old Covenant Jews to the Old Covenant so they would recognize their Messiah?

themuzicman

Paul was a Pharisee and made sure that people upheld the purification/ceremonial works of the law before he became a Christian. IT IS THE WORKS THAT kept Jews and Gentiles separate. It is the no works that Paul teaches us about, but UNSTABLE and ignorant people misunderstand Paul, see 2 Peter 3:16, and 17.

As a part of the Mosaic Covenant, yes. But we are no longer under the Old Covenant, but the New Covenant, and a New High Priest. And with a New High Priest (and order) comes a New Law. We are no longer under the 613 commandments of the Mosaic Covenant.

God's Truth

Really? Do you realize that Jesus' ministry was to the Old Covenant Jews?
Jesus said when he is crucified---then all could hear what he says and be saved!!!

That he discussed and directed these Old Covenant Jews to the Old Covenant so they would recognize their Messiah?

When Jesus came to earth, he taught the NEW COVENANT.

Luke 16:16
The Law and the Prophets were proclaimed until John. Since that time, the gospel of the kingdom of God is being preached, and everyone is forcing his way into it.

God's Truth

Jesus came FIRST for the Jews who already belonged to God by faith.

The other Jews were cut off.

When Jesus was crucified, then all could come to him to be saved.

God's Truth

As a part of the Mosaic Covenant, yes. But we are no longer under the Old Covenant, but the New Covenant, and a New High Priest. And with a New High Priest (and order) comes a New Law. We are no longer under the 613 commandments of the Mosaic Covenant.

That High Priest is JESUS. Jesus' words are for EVERYONE, even the words he spoke while he walked the earth!

You cannot write off any of Jesus' words.

JonahofAkron

Racism kept them apart. That's why Paul is clear to say that the separation between them in the wall that separates them has been taken down.

Sent from my SM-N910T using TheologyOnline mobile app

themuzicman

That High Priest is JESUS. Jesus' words are for EVERYONE, even the words he spoke while he walked the earth!

You cannot write off any of Jesus' words.

So, you are impoverished?

21 Jesus said to him, “If you would be perfect, go, sell what you possess and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow me.”

Epoisses

It is never, ever, a dead work to obey God's glorious words.

How could you ever get that obeying God is dead?

You don't obey because you are a sinner and have nothing to offer. Those that live by faith alone are the only ones who obey because their obedience is from Christ.