"I came down from heaven"

Vail Lifted

BANNED
Banned
What? Now you confused me. So what you are claming when you wrote:

I was quoting Scripture. The way in which Jesus is God is by having the spirit of God in full measure. That spirit is God's (the Father's) spirit. So Jesus attributed his words and works to the Father. But they can also be attributed to Jesus by being the spirit of the Father.

God's spirit emanates from God. The scripture says the spirit of God proceeds from the Father.

To understand this is to understand God. God is a spirit, but He also has a spirit which proceeds or comes forth from Him. God can maintain His holy habitation in heaven and at the same time put His Spirit upon another which can enable the person to do what only God can do. In other words, the person can now do what they naturally could not do.

Jesus was given fully of God's spirit. When he went into the synagogue he read from Isaiah 11 which says "the spirit of the LORD is upon me....." Jesus would have been powerless to do anything unnatural unless he was given the spirit of God. That's why he attributes everything to his Father.

The Father has given everything to His son and it is the Father who then attribute everything to the son because the father has given the son a full measure of His spirit.

k0de

I was quoting Scripture. The way in which Jesus is God is by having the spirit of God in full measure. That spirit is God's (the Father's) spirit. So Jesus attributed his words and works to the Father. But they can also be attributed to Jesus by being the spirit of the Father.

God's spirit emanates from God. The scripture says the spirit of God proceeds from the Father.

To understand this is to understand God. God is a spirit, but He also has a spirit which proceeds or comes forth from Him. God can maintain His holy habitation in heaven and at the same time put His Spirit upon another which can enable the person to do what only God can do. In other words, the person can now do what they naturally could not do.

Jesus was given fully of God's spirit. When he went into the synagogue he read from Isaiah 11 which says "the spirit of the LORD is upon me....." Jesus would have been powerless to do anything unnatural unless he was given the spirit of God. That's why he attributes everything to his Father.

The Father has given everything to His son and it is the Father who then attribute everything to the son because the father has given the son a full measure of His spirit.
I know some what about Islam. That's is what they believe about Jesus. Are you a Muslim?

k0de

No.

I say nothing here that can't be shown from Scripture. Everything I said in that post is taken directly from Scripture.
I understand. But Islam teaches the same thing that you are saying. That God put his Spirit in the man Jesus. And Islam uses the Bible to proof their claim. I think you are a hoax.

Vail Lifted

BANNED
Banned
I understand. But Islam teaches the same thing that you are saying. That God put his Spirit in the man Jesus. And Islam uses the Bible to proof their claim. I think you are a hoax.

I'm rejoicing. They thought Jesus was a hoax too.

It's futile to have a discussion of these matters unless there is a starting point. And that starting point is an agreement that the Scripture is truth.

Vail Lifted

BANNED
Banned
So you finally understand that "son" there actually means "descendant"?

Why all the insults?

I wasn't born yesterday. I've understood these things for a long time.

Jesus is a descendant of Abraham and David. Which means they are his fathers in his genealogy tree. That's why he is called their son. Matt 1:1
Just like Adam is our first father. Adam had sons and his sons had sons...etc.

Right Divider

Body part
Why all the insults?
Because it seems that you are doing nothing but trolling.

I wasn't born yesterday. I've understood these things for a long time.

Jesus is a descendant of Abraham and David. Which means they are his fathers in his genealogy tree. That's why he is called their son. Matt 1:1
Just like Adam is our first father. Adam had sons and his sons had sons...etc.
What does any of that have to do with the topic of this thread?

We already have plenty of trinity bashing threads and you've added nothing of any value whatsoever to that nonsense.

Vail Lifted

BANNED
Banned
Actually, it's the Father who came down from heaven trough His son. His son was born of a woman.

The riddle's answer:

God (the Father) never had to leave His holy habitation in heaven to come down through His son. How so?

The Father gave fully of His spirit to His son.

"He who has seen me has seen my Father" says Jesus.

Riddle answered!

Right Divider

Body part
Actually, it's the Father who came down from heaven trough His son. His son was born of a woman.

The riddle's answer:

God (the Father) never had to leave His holy habitation in heaven to come down through His son. How so?

The Father gave fully of His spirit to His son.

"He who has seen me has seen my Father" says Jesus.

Riddle answered!
You are always a little off.

The Word as God and the Word was made flesh.

The Word as ALSO with God. John 1:1

Are you a modelist?

So you believe that the Son was the Father wearing a "son mask"?

k0de

I'm rejoicing. They thought Jesus was a hoax too.

It's futile to have a discussion of these matters unless there is a starting point. And that starting point is an agreement that the Scripture is truth.

John

3: 34. For the one whom God has sent speaks the words of God, for God gives the Spirit without limit.

35. The Father loves the Son and has placed everything in his hands.

So this your starting point?

These scripture does reveal that God gives His Holy Spirit by measure to some.

God didn't give the Spirit by measure unto him as he did to the prophets and to the apostles. In Jesus Christ, the Spirit of God the Father dwelt in Him without measure from conception to his fullness.

Your starting point is out of context.

Vail Lifted

BANNED
Banned
You are always a little off.

The Word as God and the Word was made flesh.

The Word as ALSO with God. John 1:1

Just for a minute think of John 1 this way:

Read it as if the Father has it in His mind to attribute all things to His son.

Are you a modelist?

No.

So you believe that the Son was the Father wearing a "son mask"?

No. I believe that we are to see the Father through the son. Through his works, and words, and doctrine.

Right Divider

Body part

Vail Lifted

BANNED
Banned
I'll just go ahead and read it as written.

:thumb:

We see God in the flesh.

Father is God.
Son is God.
Holy Spirit is God.

I attribute my learning to having an open heart and mind to what others have said. Especially what God says. If I were to be closed minded I could not learn anything new.

Jesus said that he who has, more will be given. In other words, someone has to have something to work with so that they may receive more. If one is not like that, then what he has will be taken from him.

Right Divider

Body part
I attribute my learning to having an open heart and mind to what others have said. Especially what God says. If I were to be closed minded I could not learn anything new.
What an amazing coincidence... me too.

Jesus said that he who has, more will be given. In other words, someone has to have something to work with so that they may receive more. If one is not like that, then what he has will be taken from him.
I've been given all things in Christ... who is God in the flesh.

I'm fully open to good doctrine, but I throw out bad doctrine ... like every form of anti-Biblical and anti-trinitarian doctrine.