"I came down from heaven"

Vail Lifted

BANNED
Banned
Perhaps cutting to the chase: Yes or no, True or False; The Lord Jesus Christ was born by immaculate conception.

immaculate conception is an invention of the RCC as an attempt to explain their idea that Jesus, a man, could be born without original sin (another man made up doctrine). They decided that Mary must have been free from original sin so that she could give birth to Jesus.

In consequence of their false idea they try to explain away the fact that Jesus had bothers and sister by saying his siblings were not siblings but cousins.

The RCC has been piling up one lie upon other since that sect started.

Lon

immaculate conception is an invention of the RCC as an attempt to explain their idea that Jesus, a man, could be born without original sin (another man made up doctrine). They decided that Mary must have been free from original sin so that she could give birth to Jesus.

In consequence of their false idea they try to explain away the fact that Jesus had bothers and sister by saying his siblings were not siblings but cousins.

The RCC has been piling up one lie upon other since that sect started.
:doh: Matthew 1:18-20 Luke 1:34 I really don't know if I can talk to you anymore. To me, it is just this bad :(

Vail Lifted

BANNED
Banned
:doh: Matthew 1:18-20 Luke 1:34 I really don't know if I can talk to you anymore. To me, it is just this bad :(

"Immaculate conception" does not refer to Jesus being conceived by the Holy Spirit. it refers to the condition of Mary before the conception of her son Jesus.

Lon

"Immaculate conception" does not refer to Jesus being conceived by the Holy Spirit. it refers to the condition of Mary before the conception of her son Jesus.
Immaculate conception as a term is synonymous with a virgin birth, and I've forgotten the Catholic baggage and overcomplication of the simple term. Thanks. That said, I did say "born by immaculate conception."

Can you address then, the yes or no as to His virgin birth? It, I believe cuts to the chase. If virgin birth, "yes," then you are arguing too fine of a point, because such concedes Joseph is not the Lord Jesus Christ's biological father. -Lon

k0de

Immaculate conception as a term is synonymous with a virgin birth, and I've forgotten the Catholic baggage and overcomplication of the simple term. Thanks. That said, I did say "born by immaculate conception."

Can you address then, the yes or no as to His virgin birth? It, I believe cuts to the chase. If virgin birth, "yes," then you are arguing too fine of a point, because such concedes Joseph is not the Lord Jesus Christ's biological father. -Lon
Vail lifted has left the building. Good one got him thinking now.

Reactions: Lon

Vail Lifted

BANNED
Banned

Jesús was Joseph’s adopted son

Vail Lifted

BANNED
Banned
So now will you agree that He came down from heaven?

Jesus was born of Mary. To be born means to come into existence.

I'm not interested in changing the meaning of words but rather let the words keep their proper definition.

Instead of superficially reading a verse we must seek to understand it and allow the word "born" to keep its rightful meaning.

So we ask the question: "How is it he says 'I came down from heaven'?"

Jesus attributes everything he said, and did to his Father. it was the Father working in His son and the son working in the Father. Jesus said, "My Father works and hitherto I work". and "I can do nothing of myself".

So without changing the meaning of BORN we can easily see that Jesus is referring to the Father, by His spirit, given to the son, that enable the son to do and say those things, is who had come down from heaven.

"If you seen me you have seen my Father" says Jesus.

And the Father never had to actually leave His holy habitation in heaven.

k0de

Jesus was born of Mary. To be born means to come into existence.

I'm not interested in changing the meaning of words but rather let the words keep their proper definition.

Instead of superficially reading a verse we must seek to understand it and allow the word "born" to keep its rightful meaning.

So we ask the question: "How is it he says 'I came down from heaven'?"

Jesus attributes everything he said, and did to his Father. it was the Father working in His son and the son working in the Father. Jesus said, "My Father works and hitherto I work". and "I can do nothing of myself".

So without changing the meaning of BORN we can easily see that Jesus is referring to the Father, by His spirit, given to the son, that enable the son to do and say those things, is who had come down from heaven.

"If you seen me you have seen my Father" says Jesus.

And the Father never had to actually leave His holy habitation in heaven.
Well we have different views. Yes according to those scriptures you are correct. But you're ERASING another important scriptures with that concept. I did the same in the beginning when I first came to the Lord. Later on other scripts came to light. I pray that the Lord Jesus Christ who is the spirit of revelations open your eyes of wisdom and understanding on the scriptures. Enough said. Blessing to you too brother.

Vail Lifted

BANNED
Banned
Well we have different views. Yes according to those scriptures you are correct. But you're ERASING another important scriptures with that concept. I did the same in the beginning when I first came to the Lord. Later on other scripts came to light. I pray that the Lord Jesus Christ who is the spirit of revelations open your eyes of wisdom and understanding on the scriptures. Enough said. Blessing to you too brother.

Thank you. Bless and praise God.

oatmeal

Isn't he the son of Joseph? How is it he says "I came down from heaven"?

Well, you need to think spiritually(spirit) rather than carnally (flesh).

"The words I speak are spirit and truth" said Jesus. His words are therefore the words of the Spirit which dwelt fully in him.So what was it(he) who came down from heaven? He (it) was the Spirit of the Father that DECENDED on the son. The words the son speaks are the words of the Father by the Spirit of the Father. And if the Spirit of the Father is the Father, then it was the Father, by His Spirit that came down from heaven whereby the doctrines Jesus taught were not his own (he says) but the Father's.

Jesus the anointed one, is literally the son of God, his Father and Mary, his mother.

Matthew 17:5 While he yet spake, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold a voice out of the cloud, which said, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him.

Luke 3:23 And Jesus himself began to be about thirty years of age, being (as was supposed) the son of Joseph, which was the son of Heli,

Joseph was betrothed to Mary at the time that Mary became pregnant with Jesus Christ by a miracle performed by God in Mary's womb. God created a sperm cell in Mary that impregnated the egg

His conception was an act of God in Mary's womb, and that was God's idea, not man's idea who does not live in heaven, thus the conception is how Jesus came down from heaven. His beginning and his purpose was not conceived by men on earth but by God in heaven.

Gary K

Banned

If God is Jesus' biological father then Jesus has divine blood running in His veins. Meaning He is God.

Even doubting Thomas believed Jesus to be God.
John 20:28 [FONT=&quot][/FONT]And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.

If you read the entire story Jesus does not tell Thomas that he was incorrect.

In Jesus is life unborrowed and underived according to Jesus Himself.
John 5:28 For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself;

Notice the verb tense. It is past perfect meaning Jesus already possessed eternal life, just like His Father. It's not saying Jesus will at some time in the future have eternal life in him, but that when He said those words He already possessed it.

Now, did Jesus die on the cross? He already possessed eternal life. It was already His.

Aimiel

If God is Jesus' biological father then Jesus has divine blood running in His veins. Meaning He is God. Even doubting Thomas believed Jesus to be God. If you read the entire story Jesus does not tell Thomas that he was incorrect. In Jesus is life unborrowed and underived according to Jesus Himself. Notice the verb tense. It is past perfect meaning Jesus already possessed eternal life, just like His Father. It's not saying Jesus will at some time in the future have eternal life in him, but that when He said those words He already possessed it. Now, did Jesus die on the cross? He already possessed eternal life. It was already His.
He died. He not only died, but He went to hell. He preached to those in hell and those who received His message were given eternal life. Hell, Death and the Grave had no power over Him, since He had never sinned. He was capable of being put to death only because it is written in Scripture: "Cursed is him who is hanged upon a tree." That curse was forced upon Him by the Romans who nailed him to the cross and raised Him up. There was no sin imputed to Him: since He didn't cause Himself to be killed and did not disobey any of God's Laws. He is sinless. The wages of being sinless isn't death. It was a mis-carriage of justice of the highest order, since He lived the ONLY sinless life and yet suffered death. Because of that mis-carriage of justice: He is capable of imputing His Life Eternal to whomsoever He wills. His Life is given in exchange for the penalty that He suffered (death) which was out-of-order. This great exchange was planned from before the foundation of the earth.