Hurting People On TOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
I am every bit as saved as Paul was. :)

"Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already arrived at my goal, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 3:12-14

Paul is not speaking of salvation.....salvation is not a prize or a reward..however can you be that mistaken to think so?

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
I have stated what Yeshua says. He didn't say anything about fruitless branches being pressed in God's Albums for keepsakes. He said they were picked up and cast in the fire. Now, I don't know about you but the last time I checked, "the fire" isn't the least bit sounding like heaven. That sounds more like...

Well, "as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD." Joshua 24:15

What work does fruit do? it just abides on the branch which feeds it the sap....but when you say you must work you are ceased from abiding.

You a Jew working in the Sabbath.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
....says the guy who almost always misinterprets the scriptures.

The Star of David and a cross is Satanic? Wow. Thats coming from a guy who has a rock worshiping savage as an avatar..

The five pointed star isn't always satanic. It's like the same sex, who does perverted masturbation, wants to own our rainbow. Rainbow isn't gay either.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Your posts have no evidence of your having overcome anything.

Your ability to talk so trashy of other believers tells me you are not yet different to those who left Egypt and soon fell in the wilderness.

LA

Knowing you, next you'll be predicting some kind of calamity on her? Remember, you told me, I'd be beheaded?

IMJerusha

Paul is not speaking of salvation.....salvation is not a prize or a reward..however can you be that mistaken to think so?

What do you think he's speaking of, a peanut butter and jelly sandwich? How do you explain "and so, somehow, to attain to the resurrection from the dead?" Paul is most definitely speaking of salvation.

IMJerusha

What work does fruit do? it just abides on the branch which feeds it the sap....but when you say you must work you are ceased from abiding.

You a Jew working in the Sabbath.

You'd better do some Scripture reading and no, I'm not Jewish....at least not that I know of but had you done some reading on that score you would have found that out also. Besides the fact that Yeshua worked on the Sabbath, I don't work "in" the Sabbath, I work in Yeshua while He works in me through Ruach HaKodesh. What work does fruit do? What love in Yeshua exhibits.
1 Corinthians 13, Jude, Matthew 25:35-36, Matthew 7:24-27, Matthew 12:50, Matthew 28:19-20, John 8:51, John 12:25-26, John 14:20-21, Ephesians 2:10, James 1:22-27, 1 John 1:5-10, 1 John 2:3-6, 1 John 2:17, 1 John 3:22-23, 1 John 5:2, 2 John 1:6, 2 John 1:9, Revelation 12:17, Revelation 22:14

Last edited:

meshak

BANNED
Banned
"Your works will not save you" doctrine is showing ungrateful spirit to God and Jesus. It is so disgraceful.

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
Matthew 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
I just reported it. I did not say I am not saved. I said I don't claim to be saved.

Your faith is so shallow, friend. You are so quick to judge anyone who are saved or not, usurping Jesus' authority.

And you claim to be true and saved Christian.

“For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God” (Ephesians 2:8 NIV)

Reformation Christianity denies that we are saved by faith. The Greek is dia, meaning “through” (Strong’s Lexicon). Faith being the instrumental cause of redemption …NOT it’s efficient cause.

We are saved by grace through faith in Christ.

Jesus Christ is the efficient cause of our salvation. Faith is only an instrumentality through which we access Him.

Hence the Westminster Confession (Ch. 11, Sec. 1) rejects the false doctrine of Evangelical Obedience. Also the Heidelberg Catechism (Q/A-61).

That is, specifically, our obedience to the Evangel [Gospel] contributes to our own redemption.

As Paul in Ephesians 2:8 informs us: Faith is a “gift” of God …rather than a salvific work we perform !

It’s 100% grace, and 0% our autosoteric works.

Any other formulation denies God’s sovereignty in salvation !

glorydaz

What do you think he's speaking of, a peanut butter and jelly sandwich? How do you explain "and so, somehow, to attain to the resurrection from the dead?" Paul is most definitely speaking of salvation.

So you think Paul doubted he would be resurrected? You equate that with salvation? You might want to rethink that.

Acts 24:15KJV
And have hope toward God, which they themselves also allow, that there shall be a resurrection of the dead, both of the just and unjust.​

You need to do a little study on the difference between a prize and a gift, and then come back with a teachable spirit. (A schoolmaster serves peanut butter and jellie sandwiches in "school", doesn't he?)

Does it look like Paul had any doubt as to whether he was saved or not? Please stop looking for LOSS in every verse and look at the scriptures as a whole. :nono:

2 Tim. 1:9KJV
Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,​

Status
Not open for further replies.