Hurting People On TOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

glorydaz

Yes, I know.

When we begin to understand that those around us, friends, co-workers, and the like--who are not believers-- actually literally hate the One we hold dear, we are well on the path towards conducting ourselves accordingly with these persons. This in no way means we treat them badly, with impunity or arrogance, but that we never forget exactly what type of person we are dealing with in our daily walk such that we start erring on the side of "I'm OK, you're OK." :AMR1:

AMR

Exactly. :thumb:

glorydaz

Yes and so confirmed Paul in Romans 1. The lost...

- is deceitful and desperately sick (Jer. 17:9);
- is full of evil (Mark 7:21-23);
- loves darkness rather than light (John 3:19);
- is unrighteous, does not understand, does not seek for God (Rom. 3:10-12);
- is helpless and ungodly (Rom. 5:6);
- is dead in his trespasses and sins (Eph. 2:1);
- is by nature a child of wrath (Eph. 2:3);
- cannot understand spiritual things (1 Cor. 2:14); and
- is a slave of sin (Rom. 6:16-20).

Mankind either hates God or loves Him. There is no in-between position, despite the claims of those that think they are "basically good" people and just trying to sort it all out.

AMR

The tree of the knowledge of good and evil has two aspects, and man can manifest both....yet still not eat from the tree of life. Which is why, of course, we are told to seek God.

IMJerusha

Down in Flames

It's very simple. "Every kingdom divided against itself will be ruined, and every city or household divided against itself will not stand." And GDaz, I'm not advocating ignoring the lack of fruit in believers but discernment does not give us the right to judge, only to separate ourselves. Matthew 7:22-23 "Many will say to Me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?' And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; DEPART FROM ME, YOU WHO PRACTICE LAWLESSNESS.' "

Last edited:

IMJerusha

Actually they don't usually, they talk about obedience and keeping the law in order to be saved...that's what puts us on to them.

No believer in Yeshua can keep the law for salvation. The Law still helps us identify sin and are we not to love the Lord, our God with all our heart, soul and mind and our neighbors as ourselves? Paranoia in the face of the Law is uncalled for! :noid: What say you to the decision of the Jerusalem Council? And what would you have said to Yeshua who said "If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father's commands and remain in his love."? Is Yeshua no longer in His Father's love? Is God no longer Yeshua's Head?

" 'There will be no rest day or night for those who worship the beast and its image, or for anyone who receives the mark of its name.' This calls for patient endurance on the part of the people of God who keep his commands and remain faithful to Jesus. Then I heard a voice from heaven say, 'Write this: Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord from now on.' 'Yes,' says the Spirit, 'they will rest from their labor, for their deeds will follow them.' " Revelation 14:11-13
Clearly, people who obey God's commands and remain faithful to Yeshua are not doing wrong.

Last edited:

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
No believer in Yeshua can keep the law for salvation. The Law still helps us identify sin and are we not to love the Lord, our God with all our heart, soul and mind and our neighbors as ourselves? Paranoia in the face of the Law is uncalled for! :noid: What say you to the decision of the Jerusalem Council? And what would you have said to Yeshua who said "If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father's commands and remain in his love."? Is Yeshua no longer in His Father's love?

Yuss I want to remain in His love, that is a fellowship thingy...Christians always read these scriptures as "if you don't wanna be damned remain in My love"

And which of His commands are hard? the reason people have problems [imhv] loving neighbours as their self is because they don't really love themselves.

IMJerusha

Yuss I want to remain in His love, that is a fellowship thingy...Christians always read these scriptures as "if you don't wanna be damned remain in My love"

And which of His commands are hard? the reason people have problems [imhv] loving neighbours as their self is because they don't really love themselves.

No, Tottie, it's not just a "fellowship thingy". It's an identifying fruit thingy. It's how people identified Yeshua's disciples. Obedience to God and Yeshua is key. Read Revelation 22:14. When someone accepts Yeshua, they learn what it is to love themselves. Yeshua makes sure of that.

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
img1124034123.jpg

Remember "Back to School"? - - If you want to look thin, hang out with fat people.

tm.jpg

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
No, Tottie, it's not just a "fellowship thingy". It's an identifying fruit thingy. It's how people identified Yeshua's disciples. Obedience to God and Yeshua is key. Read Revelation 22:14. When someone accepts Yeshua, they learn what it is to love themselves. Yeshua makes sure of that.

No IMJe the scriptural identity is that they love the mainstreamers, if God relied on the obedience of His people for the salvation of the world then the world is in trouble, BIG trouble. Love towards each other is a strong testimony.

Again I ask which of the Lord's commandments are you having trouble with?

And it IS a fellowship thingy, I mean fellowship with Christ, Him in us and we in Him...you want fruit? this is the only way to get it.

Fruit grows of itself according to the inner sap, the inner life. It is not a work it is a fruit.

IMJerusha

No IMJe the scriptural identity is that they love the mainstreamers,

I don't think there was such a thing as mainstreamers back then unless you want to consider the faith of Yeshua as being mainstream.

if God relied on the obedience of His people for the salvation of the world then the world is in trouble, BIG trouble.

The world was in trouble, hence the necessity for Yeshua.

Love towards each other is a strong testimony.

Yes, a strong identifier that one is a follower of Yeshua.

Again I ask which of the Lord's commandments are you having trouble with?

Are you offering to hear my confession? Well, I don't really struggle with the murder thing but I've thought about it from time to time. :chuckle:

And it IS a fellowship thingy, I mean fellowship with Christ, Him in us and we in Him...you want fruit? this is the only way to get it.

Thought that's what I stated. "No, Tottie, it's not just a "fellowship thingy". It's an identifying fruit thingy. It's how people identified Yeshua's disciples."

Fruit grows of itself according to the inner sap, the inner life. It is not a work it is a fruit.

That's nitpicking words. It's a deed...a work, a decision on our part to be obedient to God's commands via the leading of the Ruach. Again, "Then I heard a voice from heaven say, 'Write this: Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord from now on.' 'Yes,' says the Spirit, 'they will rest from their labor, for their deeds will follow them.' " That's what fruit is, a decision to follow the leading of the Ruach. We do have choices. We can follow the leading of the Ruach or we can sit on our tuchus and do bupkis...no fruit.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
There are no mainstreamers only the Church.

I am trying to understand why you changed the word and into for

Blessed are the dead which die in the Lord from henceforth, yea saith the Spirit that they may rest from their labours and their works do follow them.

It is similar in some ways to

Come unto Me all ye that do labour and are heavy laden, learn from Me for I am meek and lowly of spirit. Take My yoke upon you for My yoke is easy and My burden is light and ye shall find rest for your souls.

Fruit is not the result of work but ABIDING, RESTING, "Abide in Me and I in you.....that you may bear much fruit.

When you start with the works programme you are ceased from abiding.

Nit picking eh? it is all the difference between the work being your own or whether it is done in God.

IMJerusha

There are no mainstreamers only the Church.

I agree. Fancy that!

I am trying to understand why you changed the word and into for

Just the translation I used. I didn't change anything.

Blessed are the dead which die in the Lord from henceforth, yea saith the Spirit that they may rest from their labours and their works do follow them.

This is ASV. A good translation also.

It is similar in some ways to
Come unto Me all ye that do labour and are heavy laden, learn from Me for I am meek and lowly of spirit. Take My yoke upon you for My yoke is easy and My burden is light and ye shall find rest for your souls.

Watch it now, you're leaning toward that meek and lowly Galilean stuff! LOL Some people around here find that offensive.

Fruit is not the result of work but ABIDING, RESTING, "Abide in Me and I in you.....that you may bear much fruit.

When you start with the works programme you are ceased from abiding.

Nit picking eh? it is all the difference between the work being your own or whether it is done in God.

"As for the person who hears my words but does not keep them, I do not judge him. For I did not come to judge the world, but to save it. There is a judge for the one who rejects me and does not accept my words; that very word which I spoke will condemn him at the last day." John 12:47-48
It's a choice just as it was before. "This day I call the heavens and the earth as witnesses against you that I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose life, so that you and your children may live." Deut. 30:19 Living according to God's commands is a choice. Choosing to believe in Yeshua and obey His commands as He obeyed His Father's is a choice. Fruit or no fruit is a choice. Abide doesn't mean rest as in do nothing. It means to accept or act in accordance with.
And Yeshua cautioned that when we do our deeds of righteousness, we not do them to be seen by men. Matthew 6:1 There is expectation of works in accordance with faith. It is in the doing of good deeds of righteousness that our light shines before men and they, in turn, praise God for them. Matthew 5:14-16 So the whole "works programme" is part of the faith.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Why can't you get over this?...we ARE saved, we HAVE His life. This shows we have obeyed the requirement which was to believe.

People who are working in order to be saved PROVE that have not yet believed unto salvation, their hope is in their works and not in Christ.

Status
Not open for further replies.