Hurting People On TOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

musterion

Isn't everyone on TOL hurting about something? Don't we all have our shares of pain? Just today I was driving a nail and smacked my thumb with the wrench. I haven't yet regurgitated the small Christmas bulbs I swallowed last night. My self-trepanning experiment hasn't gone well. So I know pain. I feel pain. I expect more pain and possible hospitalization and divorce.

But life IS pain, and anyone who says different is selling something. So enough about pain, hurting and self-abuse.

What we DON'T have enough of on TOL is harmony. Harmony, and Coke, but mostly Coke. To that end, I give of myself and of Youtube for you all. I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve. Enjoy this, on me. Except for you, Res. May the Bumblebee of Irksomeness fly up your nose for posting this thread in the first place.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ib-Qiyklq-Q

IMJerusha

Why can't you get over this?...we ARE saved, we HAVE His life. This shows we have obeyed the requirement which was to believe.

People who are working in order to be saved PROVE that have not yet believed unto salvation, their hope is in their works and not in Christ.

Don't be upset. I'm not advocating works for salvation. That boat sailed...that covenant is gone. Yeshua is our only go to for salvation. He calls, however, for obedience to His commands as He obeys the Father which is the fruit of the Ruach. We can choose to obey or not. He states "Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me." John 14:21 There is a requirement to do the will of God, not our own will and Yeshua stated, "Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock." Matthew 7:24 Putting something into practice is action. Yeshua calls for action in the faith and just because people do acts of righteousness does not mean that they are relying on those acts of righteousness for their salvation. It means they are being obedient and showing forth fruit of the Ruach.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
What about His word concerning love toward the mainstreamers? marriage? humbling yourself? not being grabbing and greedy?

Why do you judge non-trins who are obviously serving Jesus as their Lord as non-believers and unsaved and heretics?

Because you judge us as non-believers, I will point out your obvious rotten fruit. Jesus says by your fruit we know them.

I use Jesus' word to discern who are deceivers.

You don't have much to back up your claim of "true and saved Christians".

glorydaz

Actually they don't usually, they talk about obedience and keeping the law in order to be saved...that's what puts us on to them.

Right you are, Tottie. God is gathering hearts and too many are obsessing over behaviour....usually the "other guy's", I might add.

glorydaz

Why do you judge non-trins who are obviously serving Jesus as their Lord as non-believers and unsaved and heretics?

Because you judge us as non-believers, I will point out your obvious rotten fruit. Jesus says by our fruit we know them.

Thank you for proving my point. :chuckle:

musterion

Because you judge us as non-believers, I will point out your obvious rotten fruit. Jesus says by our fruit we know them.

Do you like Coke, Meshak?

musterion

Originally Posted by meshak

I use Jesus' word to discern [judge] who are deceivers.
"I am so tired hearing the word "judge". it is getting old."

Meshak/Hitomi, 08-15-2007, 09:11 AM
So I'll call it 'discern' and no one will notice me judging them, said clever Meshak.

glorydaz

Don't be upset. I'm not advocating works for salvation. That boat sailed...that covenant is gone. Yeshua is our only go to for salvation. He calls, however, for obedience to His commands as He obeys the Father which is the fruit of the Ruach. We can choose to obey or not. He states "Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me." Matthew 14:21

We can choose to drink from the water of life, and when we do, HE changes our hearts, minds and (lastly) our behavior will manifest what has been DONE to our hearts and minds by the Spirit within. Thus HE gets all the credit. So, yes, you are advocating works for salvation. You're trying to go from the outside in which makes what you preach an inside out "gospel" that won't accomplish anything but nice shiney hypocrites strutting upon the stage.

Philippians 1:6
Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:​

glorydaz

Isn't everyone on TOL hurting about something? Don't we all have our shares of pain? Just today I was driving a nail and smacked my thumb with the wrench. I haven't yet regurgitated the small Christmas bulbs I swallowed last night. My self-trepanning experiment hasn't gone well. So I know pain. I feel pain. I expect more pain and possible hospitalization and divorce.

But life IS pain, and anyone who says different is selling something. So enough about pain, hurting and self-abuse.

What we DON'T have enough of on TOL is harmony. Harmony, and Coke, but mostly Coke. To that end, I give of myself and of Youtube for you all. I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve. Enjoy this, on me. Except for you, Res. May the Bumblebee of Irksomeness fly up your nose for posting this thread in the first place.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ib-Qiyklq-Q

I like the song. :)

All things are being restored....I don't think it will be long now.

IMJerusha

We can choose to drink from the water of life, and when we do, HE changes our hearts, minds and (lastly) our behavior will manifest what has been DONE to our hearts and minds by the Spirit within. Thus HE gets all the credit. So, yes, you are advocating works for salvation. You're trying to go from the outside in which makes what you preach an inside out "gospel" that won't accomplish anything but nice shiney hypocrites strutting upon the stage.

Philippians 1:6
Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:​

So, what's your excuse then? Oh, I'm not the one asking, Paul asked in Romans.

glorydaz

:idunno: And of Yeshua's words?

Does your understanding of them agree with what He says here? If not, you should wonder why.

John 3:16-18
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.​

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber

Because you judge us as non-believers, I will point out your obvious rotten fruit. Jesus says by your fruit we know them.

Nothing pleases me more than the thought of getting under your thick skin. You deserve it.

First I don't, to debate is not to judge, as to someone's eternal destiny there is only one Judge. I judge YOU by your own testimony, that you despise the church...you yourself proclaim that you do not belong to Christ's church....so you are not saved.

We DO know whether people are saved or not, their eternal destiny we don't know, but we do know their present state.

YOU say you are serving the Lord, I say you are serving the devil. You think Christians do not know who are their brethren? we know, and you are not.

You would love us if you were.

Yes you use God's word, so did the devil, so did the Pharisees. They call Christ a deceiver because He being a man made Himself to be God, they took up stones to stone Him with....so do you.

When we are saved we don't worry. We know other Christians when they hear us speak will accept us...even those who may not like us have to admit we are Christians.

The Christian testimony is sure...and you don't have it. You climbed into the sheepfold by a way other than through Christ...that is why He keeps chucking you out.

IMJerusha

Does your understanding of them agree with what He says here? If not, you should wonder why.

John 3:16-18
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.​

Yes, my understanding agrees with those verses. Why wouldn't they? Yeshua Himself explains/expounds on that in John 15.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Nothing pleases me more than the thought of getting under your thick skin. You deserve it.

First I don't, to debate is not to judge, as to someone's eternal destiny there is only one Judge. I judge YOU by your own testimony, that you despise the church...you yourself proclaim that you do not belong to Christ's church....so you are not saved.

This is out right lie. Quote me when I said I don't belong to Christ's church.

But I know why you say this, though. You are putting the word into my mouth, twisting what I said.

I will go after you until you quote me, because this is lie.

I will report you if you don't make this clear; either you apologize to me or quote me where I said it.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame

You have stated over and over the judgment by God on who is a christian has not been done yet and that no one can know they are saved, in effect saying you are not part of Christs church, because to be a part of Christs church, means to be born again/saved.

If you maintain you are not, then you are not part of Christs church. You yourself deny being part of it, each time you claim we cant know we are saved.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber

But I know why you say this, though. You are putting the word into my mouth, twisting what I said.

I will go after you until you quote me, because this is lie.

I will report you if you don't make this clear; either you apologize to me or quote me where I said it.

So you are a mainstreamer?

The church of Christ has always proclaimed Him as Lord and God. You can't at one and the same time hate the church and love it.

When you accuse us of being mainstreamers you are saying you do not belong to Christ's church....All His people are mainstreamers.

You lie, for you say you obey Jesus...but you hate mainstreamers who are His brethren.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
I am still worldly.

That's why I never say I am sinless, nor saved nor true Christian.

Regardless, I trust Jesus as Christ and Savior of the world. And God sent Him to us to be like Him.

Here's your own testimony meshak...you say I am not saved, not a true Christian

Still want to report me?

Status
Not open for further replies.