How the Gospel Works

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Scripture says it's up to you to find or recognize the truth in what is posted. I recognise every misuse of scripture and doctrine. I then expose it which is why I am so unpopular on earth...
I can think of two scriptures that you would twist and butcher to fit your pompous statement, I just wanted you to show everybody how you think. How you think is why you're despised on earth

Truster

I can think of two scriptures that you would twist and butcher to fit your pompous statement, I just wanted you to show everybody how you think. How you think is why you're despised on earth

Your doctrine says you can continue in sin. The doctrine I recieved calls for and applies repentance. You can keep your false teachings and your mocking opinions.

PS who is this "everybody"?

Lon

Well, while there is life there is hope but that doesn't mean I'm losing any sleep over it. He's an idiot that blindly believes in openly irrational nonsense. Why should anyone care what he thinks about anything?
:baby:

I 'would' lose sleep over your salvation if I thought you missed it. Contrasts, as John W says.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
We have a Bible that reveals all that we need to know about Christ and his Gospel. The trouble starts when people refer to other writings than the bible such as The Canons of Dort or the writings of the Catholic church.

Not to mention the leaving of their senses!

But your point is well taken! The appeal to authority is one of the biggest mistakes people make. What is it that makes people believe that their pastor or priest is smarter than they are?

The answer is, irrational nonsense! People in positions of power intentionally ask those who follow them to believe things that they cannot understand, calling it antinomy and then hang their parishioner's inability to understand over their heads as proof of their evil and their need of forgiveness that only comes by way of following the teachings of "the church". It's a very insidious but effective way to control those who pay your salary by way of tithes and offerings.

Clete

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
:baby:

I 'would' lose sleep over your salvation if I thought you missed it. Contrasts, as John W says.

How could I miss something that God predestined unless he has predestined me to miss it?

You think you have a choice about whether or not you'd give a rip about my salvation? You don't! Not according to Calvinist stupidity. That too is predestined to either be or not.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Robert Pate

Banned

It is very evident that you hold men's persons in admiration, especially the man John Calvin who was the tyrant of Geneva. If you really want to know more about John Calvin Google "The Atrocities of John Calvin" it is a real eye opener.

Robert Pate

Banned
:dizzy: You don't even believe the scriptures, but correct them. I don't really care what you made up in your mind after that, Robert. Sorry, you don't get to scapegoat and judge for the Lord Jesus Christ with your private interpretations.

What scripture did I correct? I interpret I do not correct.

Lon

How could I miss something that God predestined unless he has predestined me to miss it?
Because you will learn something from it. Think about this some more, you are merely touting your 'authority' over the Lord Jesus Christ otherwise. Do you people even think? You are against my Calvinism, but all it states is 1) God loves you 2) pursued you and 3) saved you
by His choice. You begrudge God His ownership? 1 Corinthians 6:19-20 Instead of wrestling with scriptures, you and Pate take the inane opportunity to take stabs instead of discussing the very scriptures themselves. Okay, go for it. Attacking Calvinism is a complete waste of time. You don't see me attacking Open Theism. Scriptures themselves will out truth. Instead of acknowledging scriptures and your adverse brothers in Christ, you two are off attacking windmills. Go for it. My Calvinism is a windmill. Conquer it :plain:

You think you have a choice about whether or not you'd give a rip about my salvation? You don't!
Great, at least you are discussing scriptures instead of the inane. Go with it. MUCH more meaningful than drivel and inane attack on something you either don't understand or can't see the scriptures referring. Shoot. Start a thread on Romans 9, not this veiled attempt by Pate (and yourself) to yet again attack Calvinism. Yep, you were ordained in as much, as you aren't giving Him sovereignty. He is Sovereign, but Romans 8:28 Even Open Theology agrees with this. Do you even realize how much you and Calvinists embrace together? :nono: You'll just say "I have NOTHING in common with YOU!" :( You threw the gauntlet. If I can ever bust through your misplaced crusades on TOL, you actually can make for a good discussion. The problem is you fall back too often to this inane nonsense and trash talk AND that is what it is. Ordained? Yeah, else I'd not respond. Everything is in His Hands. Proverbs 16:9 It is both Calvinist and Open Theist in the same verse that we'd both use it, but, instead, it becomes an 'attack on Calvinism' instead of a cogent discussion on Scripture. That too is ordained. Its TOL.

Not according to Calvinist stupidity. That too is predestined to either be or not.
Yeah, instead of recognizing your brothers in Christ, who genuinely disagree with you, you and Pate relegate these outside the kingdom. It is frankly, intellectually lazy. I don't really care about knee-jerk and misinformed and yep, you are. You don't really pay attention so have a thin veneer of Calvinist understanding. If you turn it around, sure, I have the same regarding Open Theism. Despite that, I know, per fact, there is no good that can come from lambasting you or your theology. Rather, I'd rather discuss scriptures, as they come up. You will stand or fall upon them, and them alone. There is nothing but trying to show scriptures in context for any of us. This thread 'started' well, but the undercurrent of 'take this Calvinists!' is posturing. I'll take scriptures or nothing. Because you and I sometimes have a meaningful dialogue, I took you off ignore, and at your request. The problem is you keep lowering yourself to basal interests. Even Knight and Delmar have told you the same thing. Take it for what it is worth. I'll let you and Pate continue with the last word. This thread became meaningless as soon as complaint against Calvinism overshadowed the gospel and the scriptures by your own hands ruining what could have been you two discussing the truth and importance of scriptures. God ordained that too, that you could do it. There are things to be learned by the example of it. -Lon

Lon

What scripture did I correct? I interpret I do not correct.

AMR has posted many links of you not believing all of scripture is God's inspired Word. Why? Because you toss out what doesn't agree with 'your' theology. I don't really care about Pate's ideas. I care about what scripture says. I even agreed with much of your post 'as a Calvinist.' The problem was you nor Clete even 'want' agreement. He said we 'lie.' Nope, all in his head. He can say I'm not a Calvinist at that point, you too. I don't care as much about that, I care if we agree scripture is scripture. If we can all keep all scriptures in our Bibles, to me that is much much more than half the battle on theology. Isaiah 55:11 I don't 'care' if you are MAD or an Open Theist. I 'care' how much your theology embraces all of scripture. Until we all get on that page, all this His Theology/My theology is junk. I don't even do this much with the cults, if we can start somewhere. There are a good few on TOL who won't even talk about the scriptures. You and I CANNOT do any better argument than to use scriptures. If you'd just do that more than even mentioning "Calvinism" you'd be four jumps ahead in effectiveness. Nobody cares how bad we miss the mark as Calvinists. Calvinists are going to be Calvinists. Non Calvinists will stay the way they are. What good does it do? :nono: None. RATHER discussing scriptures is the more important. Try not to allow ANYTHING to overshadow scriptures, not Calvinism, not Open Theism, not MAD. Just present them. Oh, I suppose there are needed threads about the difference, but this thread didn't start out that way. To me, Scriptures and the Gospel WERE the subject matter. Why let Seventh Day Adventist, or Pentecostal, or "Calvinism" get in the way? Why even compare? I can understand a passing mention, but I already said I agreed with most of your post. Why make a stink simply because "I couldn't possibly agree?" I don't understand that. Call me a nonCalvinist then. I guess "Unsaved" is about the same, but it really doesn't accomplish as much as asking what I agree with and what I don't. Aren't the details and talk of the Savior and His saving Grace much more important than a piddly paltry beef with Calvinism? The whole world MUST come to the Father through Jesus Christ alone, if they come to Him at all. We both agree (I think). Figure out BOTH what we agree with AND where and why we may not be. Discussing scriptures will only provide a GENUINE platform for truth and the Gospel, because it will be discussed. Even with Calvinists, you often do this BUT you sometimes bow to us, and Clete too, by an inordinate amount of deference to us in all of these posts. Really, there is no such thing as bad press: Philippians 1:17-19 -Lon

heir

TOL Subscriber
You really do manage to disgust me so I'm putting you back on ignore.

Galatians 4:16 Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

Galatians 4:17 They zealously affect you, but not well; yea, they would exclude you, that ye might affect them.

Robert Pate

Banned
AMR has posted many links of you not believing all of scripture is God's inspired Word. Why? Because you toss out what doesn't agree with 'your' theology. I don't really care about Pate's ideas. I care about what scripture says. I even agreed with much of your post 'as a Calvinist.' The problem was you nor Clete even 'want' agreement. He said we 'lie.' Nope, all in his head. He can say I'm not a Calvinist at that point, you too. I don't care as much about that, I care if we agree scripture is scripture. If we can all keep all scriptures in our Bibles, to me that is much much more than half the battle on theology. Isaiah 55:11 I don't 'care' if you are MAD or an Open Theist. I 'care' how much your theology embraces all of scripture. Until we all get on that page, all this His Theology/My theology is junk. I don't even do this much with the cults, if we can start somewhere. There are a good few on TOL who won't even talk about the scriptures. You and I CANNOT do any better argument than to use scriptures. If you'd just do that more than even mentioning "Calvinism" you'd be four jumps ahead in effectiveness. Nobody cares how bad we miss the mark as Calvinists. Calvinists are going to be Calvinists. Non Calvinists will stay the way they are. What good does it do? :nono: None. RATHER discussing scriptures is the more important. Try not to allow ANYTHING to overshadow scriptures, not Calvinism, not Open Theism, not MAD. Just present them. Oh, I suppose there are needed threads about the difference, but this thread didn't start out that way. To me, Scriptures and the Gospel WERE the subject matter. Why let Seventh Day Adventist, or Pentecostal, or "Calvinism" get in the way? Why even compare? I can understand a passing mention, but I already said I agreed with most of your post. Why make a stink simply because "I couldn't possibly agree?" I don't understand that. Call me a nonCalvinist then. I guess "Unsaved" is about the same, but it really doesn't accomplish as much as asking what I agree with and what I don't. Aren't the details and talk of the Savior and His saving Grace much more important than a piddly paltry beef with Calvinism? The whole world MUST come to the Father through Jesus Christ alone, if they come to Him at all. We both agree (I think). Figure out BOTH what we agree with AND where and why we may not be. Discussing scriptures will only provide a GENUINE platform for truth and the Gospel, because it will be discussed. Even with Calvinists, you often do this BUT you sometimes bow to us, and Clete too, by an inordinate amount of deference to us in all of these posts. Really, there is no such thing as bad press: Philippians 1:17-19 -Lon

AMR is frustrated because he cannot refute what I say, so like the other Calvinist they try to discredit me. I am anti-religion. There are many religious people on the Forum that are offended by what I teach, which is the Gospel and justification by faith. There is no room in the Gospel for Calvinism or any religion. Paul only preached the Gospel because it is the Gospel that refutes all other doctrines and religions. If you love your religion you won't love me, simply because the Gospel that I teach will wreck your religion.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Your doctrine says you can continue in sin. The doctrine I recieved calls for and applies repentance. You can keep your false teachings and your mocking opinions.

PS who is this "everybody"?
No, it says I'm dead to sin and I'm a new creation, your doctrine says we're robots. Everybody is the 500 to 1000 guests that visit TOL everyday.

You spelled received wrong, as usual