How the Gospel Works

Cross Reference

First thing that you have to do is find out what the Gospel is.

Didn't I read words from you to the effect, I am not capable of coming to God because "I hate Him"; my natural inclinations are set against Him; of myself, I don't want to "come to God"? In a word, I am "depraved"? So how does that change if I am incapable of being interested in what is the gospel? And you say what? That faith is a gift? My Bible reads God gives gifts to those who love Him and not those who hate Him. Those He simply forgets.

Last edited:

Cross Reference

Grace is not free because it cost Jesus everything.

Salvation is a free gift from God. It cannot be earned or deserved, Romans 5:15-18.

What you believe is not Christian is Christian. You are trying to be good enough to merit salvation.

But you said that faith was a gift. So then I must first be gifted faith to believe for salvation which is also a gift. Do I have that right? How then do I receive the gift of faith when I cannot believe for it? Please explain?

Cross Reference

The minute that a sinner comes to Christ to be saved by him he receives the Holy Spirit. He is also justified, sanctified and redeemed, 1 Corinthians 1:30. God then places him in Christ and only sees him in Christ, Colossians 3:3.

Legally that might be so. However, Are you not speaking of something that is "unmerited"? Is the Holy Spirit needed for what you are discribing as a legal "event"?

Samie

The minute that a sinner comes to Christ to be saved by him he receives the Holy Spirit. He is also justified, sanctified and redeemed, 1 Corinthians 1:30. God then places him in Christ and only sees him in Christ, Colossians 3:3.
Sorry, but your brand of gospel is laced with an impurity - that people are born in sin, hence born NOT in Christ, and therefore born APART from Him Who said apart from Him, man can do NOTHING (John 15:5).

So, can you explain how man can do the acts of COMING & RECEIVING while yet apart from Christ?

Cross Reference

Sorry, but your brand of gospel is laced with an impurity - that people are born in sin, hence born NOT in Christ, and therefore born APART from Him Who said apart from Him, man can do NOTHING (John 15:5).

So, can you explain how man can do the acts of COMING & RECEIVING while yet apart from Christ?

Question: When are they born in Christ? Just askin'.