How the Gospel Works

heir

TOL Subscriber
"Trust the Lord believing His faith" you show a complete lack of understanding
Galatians 1:3-5 KJV, Galatians 2:16 KJV, 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV

Ephesians 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

Ephesians 1:14 Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

Truster

Galatians 1:3-5 KJV, Galatians 2:16 KJV, 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV

Ephesians 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

Ephesians 1:14 Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

Your approach to scripture is theoretical and you have no part in the evangelism of peace. Like all those that are deluded you are in the broadway that leads to destruction. You will glorify the Almighty in His justice and judgement against sin.

Robert Pate

Banned
Your approach to scripture is theoretical and you have no part in the evangelism of peace. Like all those that are deluded you are in the broadway that leads to destruction. You will glorify the Almighty in His justice and judgement against sin.

All that she did was give you scripture and you rejected it.

heir

TOL Subscriber
The context in which she used the scripture was misleading. It's what you blind guides do.
The context is trusting Him after hearing and believing the word of truth, the gospel of my salvation (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV)/knowing Whom I have believed as one likened to the Ephesians to whom Paul wrote the letter in the but now (Ephesians 2:11-13 KJV) and being persuaded that He is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day (2 Timothy 1:12 KJV). It is proven by a seal with that Holy Spirit of promise/earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of His glory (Ephesians 1:13-14 KJV). To argue against it is foolishness (1 Corinthians 1:18 KJV, 2 Corinthians 4:3-4 KJV).

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
And you emote like a tween girl. Don't really care about your quick'n'dirty here, Clete. It is arrogant, full of angst, and childish, as is most of your posts (also why you've been on my ignore list). Learn to champion Him and His truth or not at all. Others have been banned for potty mouth attribution. You need to honor your TOL commitment to not skirt the rules. No implied profanity allowed. -Lon

If you have a problem with one my posts, report it. Otherwise, keep it to yourself. I don't care what you think of me or what I write. I don't care if I offend you. I do not care about you at all. So far as I am concerned you're a hostile enemy of mine and of the God whom I worship and who created you and whom you must believe predestined me to both believe in free will and to have said something to offend you so badly as to land me on your ignore list.

PLEASE! Leave me on your ignore list! Why defy that which the god you pretend to believe in predestined?

As for my implied profanity, I had no idea that anything I stated in my post broke any rules or would have offended anyone. It is not my intent to flout the rules. Fortunately, my errors can be easily corrected.

Clete

Robert Pate

Banned
If you have a problem with one my posts, report it. Otherwise, keep it to yourself. I don't care what you think of me or what I write. I don't care if I offend you. I do not care about you at all. So far as I am concerned you're a hostile enemy of mine and of the God whom I worship and who created you and whom you must believe predestined me to both believe in free will and to have said something to offend you so badly as to land me on your ignore list.

PLEASE! Leave me on your ignore list! Why defy that which the god you pretend to believe in predestined?

As for my implied profanity, I had no idea that anything I stated in my post broke any rules or would have offended anyone. It is not my intent to flout the rules. Fortunately, my errors can be easily corrected.

Clete

There are some that are without hope, Lon is one of them.

God's Truth

It is important for Christians to know how they are saved. If you know and understand the Gospel you will not be drawn off into false doctrines or religions. The Gospel of Jesus Christ is the guiding light and is the light that lightens every man, John 1:9.

The Gospel is best understood in the background of the Old Testament. The Old Testament is a record of man's sinfulness. From the time that a man is born until he dies he is a sinner. Isaiah brought that out when he wrote,

"We are all as an unclean thing and all of our righteousness are like filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away" Isaiah 64:6.

If you don't see yourself as a sinner you will not understand the Gospel. The Gospel is between God the Father and his Son Jesus Christ. We had no part in it. We are the benefactors of the Gospel. Jesus comes into the world as the new Adam and the new representative of the human race. In our name and on our behalf as our representative, Jesus offers to God the Father a life of perfect obedience according to his Holy Law. It was the life of Jesus that was lived for our justification, Romans 3:26. We had nothing, absolutely nothing to do with that. When Jesus died on the cross for the sins of the world, we died with him, Romans 6:6.

When God accepted Jesus back into heaven all of humanity was accepted in him. This is why John wrote,

"And he is a propitiation for our sins: and not ours only but for the WHOLE WORLD" 1 John 2:2.

Jesus claims to be the savior of the whole world, John 12:47. As far as God is concerned his Son Jesus Christ has victoriously defeated sin, death and the devil, Colossians 2:15. Jesus now sits at the right hand of God as the "King of Kings and the Lord of Lords" Revelation 19:16. Does this mean that everyone is saved? No, this means that salvation has been provided for everyone, Hebrews 2:9, by the doing and the dying of Jesus. Jesus has reconciled us and the world unto God.

"God was in Christ, reconciling us and the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and has committed unto us the word of reconciliation" which is the Gospel, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19.

Its over, its finished. The work of Christ that was done on the behalf of fallen man is finished. The ball is now in humanities court. This Gospel can be yours by doing nothing more than calling on Christ to save you, Romans 10:13.

All that accept God's offer of reconciliation are perfect and complete "In Christ", Colossians 2:10. When Jesus returns there will be a judgment of unbelievers. All that have rejected God's great free plan of salvation will perish. Their sins will be imputed back to them and they will be condemned, Romans 4:8. To escape the judgment we must be found "In Christ". God must judge sin. If you are not "In Christ" you will perish. This is why Paul wrote,

"That I might be found in him, not having my own righteousness that is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith" Philippians 3:9.

Jesus gives understanding to those who find his commandments and obey them.

See John 14:21 and John 7:17.

Robert Pate

Banned
Jesus gives understanding to those who find his commandments and obey them.

See John 14:21 and John 7:17.

God's will is that you trust in his Son Jesus Christ for your salvation. You apparently can't do that. You think that your obedience has something to do with you being saved.

God's Truth

Why do people go against me so hard when I preach obedience?

What is so hard about telling your Father you are sorry when you sin and then try to do better?

Robert Pate

Banned
Why do people go against me so hard when I preach obedience?

What is so hard about telling your Father you are sorry when you sin and then try to do better?

You are preoccupied with your obedience, which is a denial of the Gospel.

If you believed the Gospel you would believe that Jesus has already dealt with the sins of the world, 1 John 2:2. You don't believe that. You believe that you must deal with your own sins. I am not concerned about sins because I am already complete in Christ, Colossians 2:10. I am resting in the work of Christ that was done on my behalf, Hebrews 4:10. As for you, you have not entered into his rest, you are trying to be good enough.

God's Truth

You are preoccupied with your obedience, which is a denial of the Gospel.

If you believed the Gospel you would believe that Jesus has already dealt with the sins of the world, 1 John 2:2. You don't believe that. You believe that you must deal with your own sins. I am not concerned about sins because I am already complete in Christ, Colossians 2:10. I am resting in the work of Christ that was done on my behalf, Hebrews 4:10. As for you, you have not entered into his rest, you are trying to be good enough.
Don't be concerned about sins then, be concerned about doing what Jesus says.
Jesus doesn't tell you to sin. What does Jesus say to do? Concern yourself with words of life.

Robert Pate

Banned
Don't be concerned about sins then, be concerned about doing what Jesus says.
Jesus doesn't tell you to sin. What does Jesus say to do? Concern yourself with words of life.

The Bible makes it clear that you are a sinner. Sinners cannot please God by what they do. Your very best falls short of the glory of God, Romans 3:23. We are called to be witnesses for Christ and his Gospel a good witness will lead a clean life. This is what it is really all about. It is not about trying to be good enough by trying to keep the commandments.