How the Gospel Works

God's Truth

The Bible makes it clear that you are a sinner. Sinners cannot please God by what they do. Your very best falls short of the glory of God, Romans 3:23. We are called to be witnesses for Christ and his Gospel a good witness will lead a clean life. This is what it is really all about. It is not about trying to be good enough by trying to keep the commandments.

John 13:17 Now that you know these things, you will be blessed if you do them.

Luke 11:28 Jesus says, "Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and obey it."

Luke 8:21 But he replied to them, "My mother and my brothers are those who hear the word of God and do it."

John 15:14
You are my friends if you do what I command.

God's Truth

1 Timothy 4:16 Watch your life and doctrine closely. Persevere in them, because if you do, you will save both yourself and your hearers.

Did you hear that?

Tell me, why would we have to watch our LIFE and DOCTRINES closely if we only had to have faith?

Why do you have to watch your life?

Robert Pate

Banned
1 Timothy 4:16 Watch your life and doctrine closely. Persevere in them, because if you do, you will save both yourself and your hearers.

Did you hear that?

Tell me, why would we have to watch our LIFE and DOCTRINES closely if we only had to have faith?

Why do you have to watch your life?

If you had the Holy Spirit you would know that the sole purpose of your life is to magnify the work and the person of Jesus Christ.

Robert Pate

Banned
I have the Spirit and life because I obey Jesus' powerful words.

The Pharisees also thought that they obeyed God. They were professional religionist, just like you. They even tithed down to the mint in their gardens, Matthew 23:23. Jesus referred to them as hypocrites and other things.

God's Truth

The Pharisees also thought that they obeyed God. They were professional religionist, just like you. They even tithed down to the mint in their gardens, Matthew 23:23. Jesus referred to them as hypocrites and other things.

The pharisees did not obey Jesus, they did not repent of their sins, just like you say you don't and can't.

heir

TOL Subscriber
I agree, you are impossible. As well as unregenerate, unrepentant and uninspired.
It is impossible that ANYONE (myself included) who has trusted the Lord after hearing and believing the word of truth, the gospel of our salvation is "in the broadway that leads to destruction". We are crucified, buried and risen with Christ (Romans 6:3-4 KJV, Galatians 2;20 KJV, Ephesians 2:6 KJV, Colossians 2:10-13 KJV, Colossians 3:1-4 KJV and nothing can change that!
You will glorify the Almighty in His justice and judgement against sin.
We were already judged for sin and sins, but instead of us taking the penalty (which is death) Christ took our place and died our death and God raised Him from the dead the third day for our justification proving the sin/sins debt is settled where we are concerned (Romans 4:25 KJV, Romans 6:23 KJV, 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV, 2 Corinthians 5:19-21 KJV)! It's time for you to believe it, "Truster"!

Truster

It is impossible that ANYONE (myself included) who has trusted the Lord after hearing and believing the word of truth, the gospel of our salvation is "in the broadway that leads to destruction". We are crucified, buried and risen with Christ (Romans 6:3-4 KJV, Galatians 2;20 KJV, Ephesians 2:6 KJV, Colossians 2:10-13 KJV, Colossians 3:1-4 KJV and nothing can change that! We were already judged for sin and sins, but instead of us taking the penalty (which is death) Christ took our place and died our death and God raised Him from the dead the third day for our justification proving the sin/sins debt is settled where we are concerned (Romans 4:25 KJV, Romans 6:23 KJV, 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV, 2 Corinthians 5:19-21 KJV)! It's time for you to believe it, "Truster"!

"Many are called but few are chosen". I know for an absolute fact that you are not a sister of mine and therefore no child of Elohim.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
There are some that are without hope, Lon is one of them.

Well, while there is life there is hope but that doesn't mean I'm losing any sleep over it. He's an idiot that blindly believes in openly irrational nonsense. Why should anyone care what he thinks about anything?

Robert Pate

Banned
Well, while there is life there is hope but that doesn't mean I'm losing any sleep over it. He's an idiot that blindly believes in openly irrational nonsense. Why should anyone care what he thinks about anything?

We have a Bible that reveals all that we need to know about Christ and his Gospel. The trouble starts when people refer to other writings than the bible such as The Canons of Dort or the writings of the Catholic church.

Robert Pate

Banned
It's the misappropriation and the wrong application of scripture that I hate. I also despise people like you who troll around falsely accusing.

Do you interpret scripture in the light of what you believe, or do you allow scripture to dictate what you believe?