How important is the Sabbath?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
it's easy to see that this is when Israel was cast aside.

Israel was changed, not cast aside.

Galatians 6:15-16 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision avails anything, but a new creation. And as many as walk according to this rule, peace and mercy be upon them and upon the Israel of God.​

Paul's message was about becoming a new creation regardless of ethnicity or race.

Ac28

Israel was changed, not cast aside.

Galatians 6:15-16 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision avails anything, but a new creation. And as many as walk according to this rule, peace and mercy be upon them and upon the Israel of God.​

Paul's message was about becoming a new creation regardless of ethnicity or race.
Israel was definitely cast aside, but they will be back as God's people

CherubRam

The sabbath has never applied to us Gentiles that are unattached to Israel. It was given to Israel as were the other 9 commandments. Actually, though, since Israel hasn't been God's people since Acts 28:28, 1956 years ago, I can't see how the sabbath would apply to them either, at least at the present time.

If you are a grafted BRANCH then the Sabbath commandment applies. If you are not are grafted Branch, then you are of no count.

CherubRam

Sure...notice how He didn't say "For as Jonah was DEAD three days and three nights..." He could have but He didn't...

and He wasn't actually like Jonah was anyway being above ground with a crown of thorns not seaweed around His head...oh and He was dead Jonah wasn't...

As for the time frame being as Jonah was confined...the count starts when Judas takes the money...His fate is sealed...He is confined handed over to the Gentiles...the trial by the high priest and elders...flogged finally crucified and on the third day raised...

Dead or alive is not the point.

clefty

Dead or alive is not the point.

It is the point when people insist He was dead for three days and three nights and then insist it was because so was Jonah...

So it has more to do with the crucifixion week than the Jonah story itself...

Being resurrected would be amazing thing and the emphasis of his testimony not being in a fish...I gave evidence of men inside fish already and surviving...not as big a deal as being resurrected

Ac28

If you are a grafted BRANCH then the Sabbath commandment applies. If you are not are grafted Branch, then you are of no count.
There is no nation of Israel today, in God's eyes, temporarily. This ended 1956 years ago, as spelled out in Acts 28:28. Since there is no Israel today, there is no grafting in of Gentiles today. Everyone acts as an individual today, both Jews and Gentiles.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
There is no nation of Israel today...

Jacob's Israel has been converted into an unseen kingdom

Colossians 1:13-14 NASB For He rescued us from the domain of darkness and transferred us to the kingdom of His beloved Son, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.​

The beloved Son is the King of Israel.

Ac28

Jacob's Israel has been converted into an unseen kingdom

Colossians 1:13-14 NASB For He rescued us from the domain of darkness and transferred us to the kingdom of His beloved Son, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.​

The beloved Son is the King of Israel.
You sure added a lot of stuff to come up with that unbiblical conclusion.

Colossians has nothing to do with Israel as do none of the other books written during Paul's imprisonment in Rome - Eph, Phil, 2 Tim, and Phile. These books were written entirely to Gentiles. In Eph, especially, look at how everything is directed to Gentiles - Ephesians 2:11, Ephesians 3:1, Ephesians 4:17. Israel is still here, of course, but, in God's eyes, only as individuals. Today, the Jews are exactly like the Gentiles. For salvation, they must believe in the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ - Paul's gospel in 1 Cor 15:1-4. Look at Israel today - no temple, no sacrificing, no gatherings in Jerusalem for the feasts. It's essentially impossible for Israel to keep the law. As far as God is concerned, there is no Israel today.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
These books were written entirely to Gentiles.

The only relationship Gentiles have with the Father's firstborn son is through the Abrahamic covenant.

Galatians 3:7-8 Therefore know that only those who are of faith are sons of Abraham. And the Scripture foreseeing that God would justify the Gentiles by faith, preached the gospel to Abraham beforehand, saying, “In you all the nations shall be blessed.”​

The Father's firstborn son has matured into a kingdom of priests. This was the Father's intent all along.

Last edited:

CherubRam

It is the point when people insist He was dead for three days and three nights and then insist it was because so was Jonah...

So it has more to do with the crucifixion week than the Jonah story itself...

Being resurrected would be amazing thing and the emphasis of his testimony not being in a fish...I gave evidence of men inside fish already and surviving...not as big a deal as being resurrected

This is the point: Jonah was in the whale 3 days and nights, and Christ was in the tomb three days and nights. Matthew 12:40
For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of a huge fish, so the Son of Man will be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.

CherubRam

There is no nation of Israel today, in God's eyes, temporarily. This ended 1956 years ago, as spelled out in Acts 28:28. Since there is no Israel today, there is no grafting in of Gentiles today. Everyone acts as an individual today, both Jews and Gentiles.

[FONT=&quot]• Isaiah 4:2[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[ The Branch of the LORD ] In that day the Branch of the LORD will be beautiful and glorious, and the fruit of the land will be the pride and glory of the survivors in Israel.

• Isaiah 11:1

[ The Branch From Jesse ] A shoot will come up from the stump of Jesse; from his roots a Branch will bear fruit.

• Jeremiah 23:5

“The days are coming,” declares the LORD, “when I will raise up for David a righteous Branch, a King who will reign wisely and do what is just and right in the land.

• Jeremiah 33:15
“‘In those days and at that time I will make a righteous Branch sprout from David’s line; he will do what is just and right in the land.

• Zechariah 3:8
“‘Listen, High Priest Joshua, you and your associates seated before you, who are men symbolic of things to come: I am going to bring my servant, the Branch.

• Zechariah 6:12
Tell him this is what the LORD Almighty says: ‘Here is the man whose name is the Branch, and he will branch out from his place and build the temple of the LORD.

• John 15:1
[ The Vine and the Branches ] “I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener.

• John 15:2
He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful.

• John 15:4
Remain in me, as I also remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me.

• John 15:5
“I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.

• John 15:6
If you do not remain in me, you are like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned.

• Romans 11:11
[ Ingrafted Branches ] Again I ask: Did they stumble so as to fall beyond recovery? Not at all! Rather, because of their transgression, salvation has come to the Gentiles to make Israel envious.

• Romans 11:16
If the part of the dough offered as firstfruits is holy, then the whole batch is holy; if the root is holy, so are the branches.

• Romans 11:17
If some of the branches have been broken off, and you, though a wild olive shoot, have been grafted in among the others and now share in the nourishing sap from the olive root,

• Romans 11:18
do not consider yourself to be superior to those other branches. If you do, consider this: You do not support the root, but the root supports you.

• Romans 11:19
You will say then, “Branches were broken off so that I could be grafted in.”

• Romans 11:21
For if God did not spare the natural branches, he will not spare you either.

• Romans 11:24
After all, if you were cut out of an olive tree that is wild by nature, and contrary to nature were grafted into a cultivated olive tree, how much more readily will these, the natural branches, be grafted into their own olive tree![/FONT]

Ac28

CherubRam,

That ream of scripture you quoted is worthless, at least as a rebuttal concerning any part of my post.

Last edited:

Ac28

The only relationship Gentiles have with the Father's firstborn son is through the Abrahamic covenant.

Galatians 3:7-8 Therefore know that only those who are of faith are sons of Abraham. And the Scripture foreseeing that God would justify the Gentiles by faith, preached the gospel to Abraham beforehand, saying, “In you all the nations shall be blessed.”​

The Father's firstborn son has matured into a kingdom of priests. This was the Father's intent all along.
That was in the old days of Acts before Israel was set aside in Acts 28:28. After that happened, we find in Paul's last 7 books (Eph, Phil, Col, Tim, Titus, and Phile) that we Gentiles were chosen before the foundation of the world (Israel was chosen FROM or SINCE the foundation of the world - eons later) to occupy the uncreated heaven of heavens where Christ now sitteth at the right hand of God. We who see this are the only people in the Bible with a hope of heaven. Those in Acts waiting for the rapture never had a hope of heaven and neither did Israel.

Search Ephesians and see the truth.

Ac28

I see that you are one brick short. Good bye!
When you quote scripture to make a point, the least you can do is to explain to your opponent why you are using that particular scripture. I'm not the mind reader that you seem to think I am. People that do nothing but quote long lists of scripture are terrible forum debaters. Only they know what that long list means. To everyone else, it's a puzzle.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The seventh day of rest is only for God's people. It's obviously not for you.

Hebrews 4:9 NASB So there remains a Sabbath rest for the people of God.​

But only for the people of God. You should ignore it.