How important is the Sabbath?

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Disobedient Christians celebrate that which was not instituted to be celebrated...the church relies on another man made festival for precedent...purim

Saturday Sabbath is about revering Creation- Sunday Sabbath is about revering Christ's resurrection. It is for the same reason that Easter always falls on Sunday.

What many people have done is try to connect anything to paganism to justify their stubbornness. If one doesn't like the Trinity, for example, just bring up, I dunno, the Hindu trifecta. If one doesn't like Jesus' lineage and deity, just talk about Horus.

Correlation does not imply causation, and it's high time for the same repeated nonsense be put to rest.

CherubRam

Saturday Sabbath is about revering Creation- Sunday Sabbath is about revering Christ's resurrection. It is for the same reason that Easter always falls on Sunday.

What many people have done is try to connect anything to paganism to justify their stubbornness. If one doesn't like the Trinity, for example, just bring up, I dunno, the Hindu trifecta. If one doesn't like Jesus' lineage and deity, just talk about Horus.

Correlation does not imply causation, and it's high time for the same repeated nonsense be put to rest.

John 15:10
If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

CherubRam

Firstfruits
The Feast of Unleavened Bread is a feast that is often mistaken for Passover. Passover is one 24 hour period, while the Feast of Unleavened Bread lasts for seven days. The Feast of Unleavened Bread is also a rest day where no work is to be done. That would also exclude attending a grave site to prep a body on the Feast of Unleavened Bread. Passover was always on the Seventh Day of Rest, Preparation Day was always the day before, and the Feast of Unleavened Bread was always the day after the Sabbath Day of Rest and the Passover. A biblical definition of firstfruits would include the first of most anything that come from the ground or animals. The people would go home on Monday and gather their offerings and bring it back to the temple.

Luke 23:56.
Then they went home and prepared spices and perfumes. But they rested on the Sabbath in obedience to the commandment.

The biblical calendar is a 364 day a year calendar, which places the holidays on the same day of the week every year. When Christ was hung on the stake, both calendars were in use; the Biblical Calendar, and the Civil Hebrew Calendar. Which calendar do you think Christ and the disciples used; the Biblical Calendar, or the Civil Hebrew Calendar?

All three of these holidays involved firstfruit offerings at the Temple.

• Passover was in the early spring, and it included firstfruits from the first harvest of barley.

• Shavuot was in the late spring, and it included firstfruits from the wheat harvest. Among the many different offerings given, was a "wave offering" of two loaves of leavened bread. This was also a firstfruits offering.

Sukkot was in the fall, and it was the final harvest which included firstfruits of olives and grapes.

The feast day of Un-Leavened Bread was always on a Sunday when using the Biblical Calendar. That particular Sunday was also a REST DAY where no work was to be done. The women would not have attended his body that day because it was against the law.

Luke 23:56
Then they went home and prepared spices and perfumes. But they rested on the Sabbath in obedience to the commandment. The Passover and the Festival of Unleavened Bread

Exodus 12:16
On the first day hold a sacred assembly, and another one on the seventh day. Do no work at all on these days, except to prepare food for everyone to eat; that is all you may do.

CherubRam

[FONT=&quot]Going to the tomb of Christ on the day of Un-leavened Bread to prepare the body is against the laws. For one they would be unclean ritually for handling a dead body. The other law violation would be the work done on that Sunday. (The day of Un-leavend Bread) The holy feast days were always on the same day with the Biblical Calendar. (364 days a year)[/FONT]

clefty

Saturday Sabbath is about revering Creation-

Sure that's half of it the other half is that it was a celebration memorial symbolizing His people exiting bondage...the consequence of sin specifically...when His wrath passes over the obedient...

And as 1/10 of the immutable law you are fortunate to have been given a reasonable and compelling reason to keep it. The other commandments were expected just cuz...He was kind enough to give a good reason to do so and not like some exasperated parent "just because I said so!"

Probably because He cared about it enough to seperated it, sanctify it, and make it Holy He meant it.

Did you notice how after the fall He cursed everything He made...the land, the animals, mankind...but the Sabbath remained untouched and Holy.

Must be special to Him ya think?

Sunday Sabbath is about revering Christ's resurrection.
Fascinating, and the golden calf was to celebrwte the One Who led them out of Egypt. They were so grateful...touching gesture don't you agree?

It is for the same reason that Easter always falls on Sunday.

Of course it was. Rome wanted her own power and made her own calander. Christendom grew tired of waiting for the joo to determine his Passover and so took it upon herself to establish a fixed calander of Sunday Easters.

Now Rome didn't have to depend on anyone and could exert her authority. Ironically it was a move that tore Christendom in two as even today the eastern orthodox wait with their Easter for the joo to have their Passover according to their version of the biblical calendar.

And laughably some years the Roman west has Him resurrecting on Easter on their calendar well before the joos crucify Him on their floating Passovers. The orthodox are good enough to wait form but then have Him laying in the tomb for any more days to make it a Sunday resurrection.

The ironic part? The only thing that happened that first fruits Sunday morning was that the tomb discovered already empty...shortly after dawn...He rose the day before...

So what if later Christians started celebrating with Sunday Ham...they were merely disobeying despite their most sincerest reasoning...

But within the time frame of the NT there was no instruction, command, or hint of explanation for a change to Sunday. Therefore within scripture Sabbath remained and Sunday worship came later and as a show of Rome's ecclesiastical power...they claim it.

A good portion of the bible was devoted to establishing the Sabbath and its very complex pattern of a worship system but not one peep for Sunday Ham.

What many people do is make wide paths...Romans were known for their wide roads yes?...but wide is the path

But yes there is much nonsense that hopefully rest will end...I know a weekly seventh day Sabbath rest has cleared up a lot of it for me...

Last edited:

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
It represents a new beginning to a new creation.

Nope, Jesus' death established the NT. A testament is not valid until the death of the testator.

Jesus was raised on the first day of the week because the law required it and Jesus came to fulfill the law. This he did.

There is no reason for a day to mark Jesus' resurrection because Jesus fulfilled the requirement of the law and that's the end of it.

clefty

[FONT="]Christ said he would be buried three full days and nights. (72 Hrs.)[/FONT]

Close...what He said was He would be like Jonah confined in the heart of the world...that is not dead but in Jerusalem...confined for three days like Jonah was...but not dead

CherubRam

So why was Jesus resurrected on the first day of the week?

FYI: The women went to his tomb Tuesday morning. Christ resurrection took place Monday evening. Were it says the women went the first day - the word "day" is not in the original text, but it was added to our bibles.

CherubRam

Close...what He said was He would be like Jonah confined in the heart of the world...that is not dead but in Jerusalem...confined for three days like Jonah was...but not dead
[FONT=&quot]Matthew 12:40[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of a huge fish, so the Son of Man will be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.[/FONT]

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER

Do you realize how deep the Mediterranean is?

The pressure alone would kill a man not even counting the cold.

CherubRam

[FONT=&quot]John 10:15[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]just as the Father knows me and I know the Father—and I lay down my life for the sheep. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]John 10:17[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The reason my Father loves me is that I lay down my life—only to take it up again.[/FONT]

CherubRam

[FONT=&quot]Christ from the dead[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Psalm 16[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]9[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices; my body also will rest secure,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]10[/FONT][FONT=&quot]because you will not abandon me to the place of the dead, nor will you let your holy one see decay. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Acts 2:27[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]because you will not abandon me to the realm of the dead, you will not let your holy one see decay.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Acts 13:35[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]So it is also stated elsewhere: “‘You will not let your holy one see decay.” [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Acts 2:32[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]God has raised this Yahshua to life[/FONT][FONT=&quot], and we are all witnesses of it.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Acts 13:34[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]God raised him from the dead[/FONT][FONT=&quot] so that he will never be subject to decay. As God has said, “‘I will give you the holy and sure blessings promised to David.’ [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Ephesians 2:6[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]And God raised us up with Christ[/FONT][FONT=&quot] and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

CherubRam

[FONT=&quot]1 Corinthians 15:20[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
But Christ has indeed been raised from the dead, the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep.

1 Corinthians 15:23
But each in turn: Christ, the firstfruits; then, when he comes, those who belong to him.

[/FONT]

clefty

[FONT="][URL="https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John+10:15&version=NIV"]John 10:15[/URL][/FONT]
[FONT="]just as the Father knows me and I know the Father—and [B]I lay down[/B] [B]my[/B] [B]life[/B] for the sheep. [/FONT]
[FONT="] [/FONT]
[FONT="][URL="https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John+10:17&version=NIV"]John 10:17[/URL][/FONT]
[FONT="]The reason my Father loves me is that I lay down my life—only to take it up again.[/FONT]

Relax...Not lying in the tomb 3 days and nights does not mean He did not die...