How important is the Sabbath?

CherubRam

[FONT=&quot]Exodus 20:6[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]And showing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Exodus 20:8[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“Remember the Sabbath day by keeping it holy. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Exodus 31:17-16[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Wherefore the children of Israel shall keep the Sabbath,[/FONT][FONT=&quot] to observe the Sabbath throughout their generations, for a perpetual covenant. It is a sign between me and the children of Israel for ever: for in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day he rested, and was refreshed. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Romans 9:6[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]It is not as though God’s word had failed. For not all who are descended from Israel are Israel. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Revelation 12:17[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Revelation 14:12[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Revelation 22:14[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life,[/FONT][FONT=&quot] and may enter in through the gates into the city.[/FONT]

CherubRam

Matthew 12:8
For the Son of Man is Lord of the Sabbath.”

Mark 2:27
Then he said to them, “The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath.

Mark 2:28
So the Son of Man is Lord even of the Sabbath.”

Luke 6:5
Then Yahshua said to them, “The Son of Man is Lord of the Sabbath.”

Man, as in mankind. It does not say the Sabbath was made for the Jew, but mankind. The seventh day is Yahshua’s Sabbath.

Last edited:

daqq

In Christian history the Catholic's made war against the Sabbath keeping Christians.

And now the truth concerning the Shabbat, and the Passover, and the Creation account, and even the great day of Golgotha is all hidden from the masses because if they had understood the daily Shabbatot, (which are the seventh hour Sabbasin of each and every day), they would never have idiotically decreed a change of the Shabbat to the first day of the week. They have excommunicated themselves and cut themselves off from the great congregation. Tisk, tisk . . . :chuckle:

TweetyBird

The seventh day of the week provides a good test to separate those who are willing to do whatever God asks from those who aren't.

Does that mean you are sacrificing animals for sin every Sabbath? If you are obedient to God, you would being doing so.

daqq

Does that mean you are sacrificing animals for sin every Sabbath? If you are obedient to God, you would being doing so.

The Sabbath was given only to the nation of Israel under the old covenant, as a sign to them, which required animal sacrifices for sin.

If that is what you think those commandments and ordinances truly concern, (animal sacrifices), then perhaps it is merely you who does not understand the Word of God? How then are you any different from those who misunderstood the very same things in the first century?

Jeremiah 7:21-26 KJVRN
7:21 Thus saith YHWH of hosts, the Elohim of Israel; Put your burnt offerings unto your sacrifices, and eat flesh.
7:22 For I spake not unto your fathers, nor commanded them in the day that I brought them out of the land of Egypt, concerning burnt offerings or sacrifices:
7:23 But this thing commanded I them, saying, Obey my voice, and I will be your Elohim, and ye shall be my people: and walk ye in all the ways that I have commanded you, that it may be well unto you.
7:24 But they hearkened not, nor inclined their ear, but walked in the counsels and in the imagination of their evil heart, and went backward, and not forward.
7:25 Since the day that your fathers came forth out of the land of Egypt unto this day I have even sent unto you all my servants the prophets, daily rising up early and sending them:
7:26 Yet they hearkened not unto me, nor inclined their ear, but hardened their neck: they did worse than their fathers.

And both of the two following Isaiah passages are quoted from in the New Testament:

Isaiah 1:9-18 KJVRN
1:9 Except YHWH of hosts had left unto us a very small remnant, we should have been as Sodom, and we should have been like unto Gomorrah.
1:10 Hear the word of YHWH, ye rulers of Sodom; give ear unto the law of our Elohim, ye people of Gomorrah.
1:11 To what purpose is the multitude of your sacrifices unto me? saith YHWH: I am full of the burnt offerings of rams, and the fat of fed beasts; and I delight not in the blood of bullocks, or of lambs, or of he goats.
1:12 When ye come to appear before me, who hath required this at your hand, to tread my courts?
1:13 Bring no more vain oblations; incense is an abomination unto me; the new moons and Sabbaths, the calling of assemblies, I cannot away with; it is iniquity, even the solemn meeting.
1:14 Your new moons and your appointed feasts my soul hateth: they are a trouble unto me; I am weary to bear them.
1:15 And when ye spread forth your hands, I will hide mine eyes from you: yea, when ye make many prayers, I will not hear:
your hands are full of blood.
1:16 Wash you, make you clean; put away the evil of your doings from before mine eyes; cease to do evil;
1:17 Learn to do well; seek judgment, relieve the oppressed, judge the fatherless, plead for the widow.
1:18 Come now, and let us reason together, saith YHWH: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.

Isaiah 66:1-4 KJVRN
66:1 Thus saith YHWH, The heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool: where is the house that ye build unto me? and where is the place of my rest?
66:2 For all those things hath mine hand made, and those things have been, saith YHWH: but to this man will I look, even to him that is poor and of a contrite spirit, and trembleth at my word.
66:3 He that killeth an ox is as if he slew a man; he that sacrificeth a lamb, as if he cut off a dog's neck; he that offereth an oblation, as if he offered swine's blood; he that burneth incense, as if he blessed an idol.
Yea, they have chosen their own ways, and their soul delighteth in their abominations.
66:4 I also will choose their delusions, and will bring their fears upon them; because when I called, none did answer; when I spake, they did not hear: but they did evil before mine eyes,
and chose that in which I delighted not.

Therefore what excuse do you have for the veil that is apparently over your heart, mind, and eyes when you read the "Old Covenant", (as Paul puts it)? Or do you ever even read it at all?

TweetyBird

If that is what you think those commandments and ordinances truly concern, (animal sacrifices), then perhaps it is merely you who does not understand the Word of God? How then are you any different from those who misunderstood the very same things in the first century?

Jeremiah 7:21-26 KJVRN
7:21 Thus saith YHWH of hosts, the Elohim of Israel; Put your burnt offerings unto your sacrifices, and eat flesh.
7:22 For I spake not unto your fathers, nor commanded them in the day that I brought them out of the land of Egypt, concerning burnt offerings or sacrifices:
7:23 But this thing commanded I them, saying, Obey my voice, and I will be your Elohim, and ye shall be my people: and walk ye in all the ways that I have commanded you, that it may be well unto you.
7:24 But they hearkened not, nor inclined their ear, but walked in the counsels and in the imagination of their evil heart, and went backward, and not forward.
7:25 Since the day that your fathers came forth out of the land of Egypt unto this day I have even sent unto you all my servants the prophets, daily rising up early and sending them:
7:26 Yet they hearkened not unto me, nor inclined their ear, but hardened their neck: they did worse than their fathers.

And both of the two following Isaiah passages are quoted from in the New Testament:

Isaiah 1:9-18 KJVRN
1:9 Except YHWH of hosts had left unto us a very small remnant, we should have been as Sodom, and we should have been like unto Gomorrah.
1:10 Hear the word of YHWH, ye rulers of Sodom; give ear unto the law of our Elohim, ye people of Gomorrah.
1:11 To what purpose is the multitude of your sacrifices unto me? saith YHWH: I am full of the burnt offerings of rams, and the fat of fed beasts; and I delight not in the blood of bullocks, or of lambs, or of he goats.
1:12 When ye come to appear before me, who hath required this at your hand, to tread my courts?
1:13 Bring no more vain oblations; incense is an abomination unto me; the new moons and Sabbaths, the calling of assemblies, I cannot away with; it is iniquity, even the solemn meeting.
1:14 Your new moons and your appointed feasts my soul hateth: they are a trouble unto me; I am weary to bear them.
1:15 And when ye spread forth your hands, I will hide mine eyes from you: yea, when ye make many prayers, I will not hear:
your hands are full of blood.
1:16 Wash you, make you clean; put away the evil of your doings from before mine eyes; cease to do evil;
1:17 Learn to do well; seek judgment, relieve the oppressed, judge the fatherless, plead for the widow.
1:18 Come now, and let us reason together, saith YHWH: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.

Isaiah 66:1-4 KJVRN
66:1 Thus saith YHWH, The heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool: where is the house that ye build unto me? and where is the place of my rest?
66:2 For all those things hath mine hand made, and those things have been, saith YHWH: but to this man will I look, even to him that is poor and of a contrite spirit, and trembleth at my word.
66:3 He that killeth an ox is as if he slew a man; he that sacrificeth a lamb, as if he cut off a dog's neck; he that offereth an oblation, as if he offered swine's blood; he that burneth incense, as if he blessed an idol.
Yea, they have chosen their own ways, and their soul delighteth in their abominations.
66:4 I also will choose their delusions, and will bring their fears upon them; because when I called, none did answer; when I spake, they did not hear: but they did evil before mine eyes,
and chose that in which I delighted not.

Therefore what excuse do you have for the veil that is apparently over your heart, mind, and eyes when you read the "Old Covenant", (as Paul puts it)? Or do you ever even read it at all?

How is not keeping the Jewish Shabbat, delighting in abominations?

TweetyBird

When the Sabbath was created there was no nation of Israel.

There was no Sabbath until God gave it to Israel, because it was a particular day given to Israel as a sign. Israel has other Sabbaths that are not on the 7th day.

The 7th day of creation was not given as a Sabbath to anyone until God chose Israel to be a nation at Mt Sinai. It was a commandment involving laws of things they could and could not do and requirements like sacrifices for sin. No one kept or observed the 7th day as a Sabbath until then.

daqq

How is not keeping the Jewish Shabbat, delighting in abominations?

How is it that you suppose I did not answer to exactly what you said which I quoted from your posts? Who was it that brought up the animal sacrifices which you clearly see as the literal physical slaying of innocent animals? The scripture refutes your understanding of it so I therefore believe what is written over your excuses for "abolishing the Law".

TweetyBird

How is it that you suppose I did not answer to exactly what you said which I quoted from your posts? Who was it that brought up the animal sacrifices which you clearly see as the literal physical slaying of innocent animals? The scripture refutes your understanding of it so I therefore believe what is written over your excuses for "abolishing the Law".

It was a literal physical slaying of animals that was given to Israel in order to observe the Sabbath. You can't refute it with Scripture, because the slaying of said animals IS written in Scripture. The Sabbath was given to Israel, ONLY, as a sign that they and they only were the physical chosen nation of God under the old/Mosaic/Law/Covenant --- as is written, also.

daqq

It was a literal physical slaying of animals that was given to Israel in order to observe the Sabbath. You can't refute it with Scripture, because the slaying of said animals IS written in Scripture. The Sabbath was given to Israel, ONLY, as a sign that they and they only were the physical chosen nation of God under the old/Mosaic/Law/Covenant --- as is written, also.

Who are you to ignore what God says and put words in His mouth?
Go back and read the passages I quoted, especially Jeremiah 7:22-23.
Sorry to inform you but you are not God. :)

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
He did not observe it as a Sabbath. He did not light a fire or sacrifice animals for sin, did He? You understand that Sabbath means rest, not the 7th day?
That's why I said He rested from His creation, I said nothing about the 7th day. It WAS the 7th day, do you expect He should make a sacrifice and light candles for Himself?