How do you know you are saved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

God's Truth

I don't believe in violence, and I certainly don't believe that Jesus comes wielding a natural sword. The sword that Jesus uses is the word of God!

Revelation 2

Repent; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will fight against them with the sword of my mouth

Do you think they will go in the lake of fire willingly?

Can you explain who is doing this:

Revelation 9:20 The rest of mankind who were not killed by these plagues still did not repent of the works of their hands.

Revelation 16:10 The fifth angel poured out his bowl on the throne of the beast, and its kingdom was plunged into darkness. People gnawed their tongues in agony

Revelation 16:11 and cursed the God of heaven because of their pains and their sores, but they refused to repent of what they had done.

marhig

Of course the saved can also be one in authority. Did you read the scriptures I posted? It says plainly too that it is not wrong for you to be punished to death by the authority with the sword if you do evil.
And that is not a natural sword GT!

Those born of God do not do violence, and murder is a work of the flesh!

marhig

Do you think they will go in the lake of fire willingly?

What's that got to do with what I said? Do you actually want to see others go into a lake of fire? Do you even understand what the lake of fire is?

And I prefer to leave all judgement in Gods hands, the righteous judge. Seeing as we are just flesh and the only thing we should judge with is the word of God!

God's Truth

You are not speaking the truth. Does it bother you that you are not speaking the truth?

Post the scripture and prove it is not a sword.

Post the scripture and prove it is not punishment from the sword causing loss of life or limb.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

So was God wrong to give to Moses a law that criminals that commit capital crimes (such as murder or rape) be put to death?

You see, as people of God, we are the only people who truly know right and wrong, and are called, commanded even, to show the world what is right and wrong. We can't do that by standing idly by while innocents are being slaughtered or harmed.

Sent from my Pixel XL using TheologyOnline mobile app

God's Truth

What's that got to do with what I said? Do you actually want to see others go into a lake of fire? Do you even understand what the lake of fire is?

And I prefer to leave all judgement in Gods hands, the righteous judge. Seeing as we are just flesh and the only thing we should judge with is the word of God!

Who is asking you to judge anyone? You are the one who is judging people for being a police officer or a Military soldier.

Could you tell me about these scriptures:

Revelation 9:20 The rest of mankind who were not killed by these plagues still did not repent of the works of their hands.

Revelation 16:10 The fifth angel poured out his bowl on the throne of the beast, and its kingdom was plunged into darkness. People gnawed their tongues in agony

Revelation 16:11 and cursed the God of heaven because of their pains and their sores, but they refused to repent of what they had done.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Jesus is never separate from God the Father. Jesus only says what the Father says. Jesus only does what the Father does. In fact, when you see Jesus, you can say, "I see the Father."

Jesus did not always say only what the Father says--

Heb 5:7 Who in the days of his flesh, when he had offered up prayers and supplications with strong crying and tears unto him that was able to save him from death, and was heard in that he feared;
Heb 5:8 Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered;
Heb 5:9 And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;

God's Truth

You show me now how it is NOT about a real sword:

Romans 13 New King James Version (NKJV)

Submit to Government
13 Let every soul be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and the authorities that exist are appointed by God. 2 Therefore whoever resists the authority resists the ordinance of God, and those who resist will bring judgment on themselves. 3 For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to evil. Do you want to be unafraid of the authority? Do what is good, and you will have praise from the same. 4 For he is God’s minister to you for good. But if you do evil, be afraid; for he does not bear the sword in vain; for he is God’s minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil. 5 Therefore you must be subject, not only because of wrath but also for conscience’ sake. 6 For because of this you also pay taxes, for they are God’s ministers attending continually to this very thing. 7 Render therefore to all their due: taxes to whom taxes are due, customs to whom customs, fear to whom fear, honor to whom honor.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

I don't, nor does God, want anyone to spend eternity apart from Him. But God is not a sadist, He's not sick. He is merciful. If someone does not want to live with Him for all of eternity, then He WILL NOT force them to live with Him for all of eternity. For if He did, they would turn Heaven into Hell. That is why the Lake of Fire exists, to provide a place for those who do not wish to be with Him for eternity to go.

Jesus Himself (and I chose this username because of this) said "Do not judge based on appearances, but judge with righteous judgment." He's telling us to judge. He clearly wants us to judge.

marhig

You are not speaking the truth. Does it bother you that you are not speaking the truth?

Post the scripture and prove it is not a sword.

Post the scripture and prove it is not punishment from the sword causing loss of life or limb.

So I'm not speaking the truth, you seem to think that everyone who doesn't agree with you is a liar!

Revelation 2

Repent; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will fight against them with thesword of my mouth

Hebrews 4

For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Ephesians 6

And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

Those of God fight with the sword of the spirit and not a natural sword! I can't believe that anyone who say that they belong to God can condone violence and murder!

God's Truth

Jesus did not always say only what the Father says--

Heb 5:7 Who in the days of his flesh, when he had offered up prayers and supplications with strong crying and tears unto him that was able to save him from death, and was heard in that he feared;
Heb 5:8 Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered;
Heb 5:9 And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;

JESUS is the ONE who says he only says what the Father says. Do you think I made that up? Do you want to believe it now that you know Jesus said it?

God the Father as a Son of Man said it to God the Father invisible.

John 12:49 For I did not speak on my own, but the Father who sent me commanded me to say all that I have spoken.

John 12:50 I know that his command leads to eternal life. So whatever I say is just what the Father has told me to say."

God's Truth

So I'm not speaking the truth, you seem to think that everyone who doesn't agree with you is a liar!

Revelation 2

Repent; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will fight against them with thesword of my mouth

Hebrews 4

For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Ephesians 6

And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

Those of God fight with the sword of the spirit and not a natural sword! I can't believe that anyone who say that they belong to God can condone violence and murder!

THESE ARE THE SCRIPTURE YOU SAID were NOT about a real sword!

Submit to Government
13 Let every soul be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and the authorities that exist are appointed by God. 2 Therefore whoever resists the authority resists the ordinance of God, and those who resist will bring judgment on themselves. 3 For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to evil. Do you want to be unafraid of the authority? Do what is good, and you will have praise from the same. 4 For he is God’s minister to you for good. But if you do evil, be afraid; for he does not bear the sword in vain; for he is God’s minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil. 5 Therefore you must be subject, not only because of wrath but also for conscience’ sake. 6 For because of this you also pay taxes, for they are God’s ministers attending continually to this very thing. 7 Render therefore to all their due: taxes to whom taxes are due, customs to whom customs, fear to whom fear, honor to whom honor.

marhig

So was God wrong to give to Moses a law that criminals that commit capital crimes (such as murder or rape) be put to death?

You see, as people of God, we are the only people who truly know right and wrong, and are called, commanded even, to show the world what is right and wrong. We can't do that by standing idly by while innocents are being slaughtered or harmed.

Once Jesus came he taught against violence, and violence and murder is of the world and they are works of the flesh.

I don't agree with putting anyone to death, God gave life and God should take life.

Matthew 5

Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth:*But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.*

And again in Matthew 5

Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.*But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;*That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.*For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?*And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more*than others? do not even the publicans so?*Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

marhig

Who is asking you to judge anyone? You are the one who is judging people for being a police officer or a Military soldier.

Could you tell me about these scriptures:

I believe those born of God shouldn't put their hand to violence. Jesus taught against violence, you believe what you will!

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

That is not the subject matter.

This is--

Mat 26:52 But Jesus said to him, "Put your sword in its place, for all who take the sword will perish by the sword.

Rev 13:10 He that leadeth into captivity shall go into captivity: he that killeth with the sword must be killed with the sword.

Todays mighty armies can not be compared with the soldier Christ spoke to.

Men today who join those mighty armies, become servants of the wicked designs of world loving men.(not always)

LA

marhig

I don't, nor does God, want anyone to spend eternity apart from Him. But God is not a sadist, He's not sick. He is merciful. If someone does not want to live with Him for all of eternity, then He WILL NOT force them to live with Him for all of eternity. For if He did, they would turn Heaven into Hell. That is why the Lake of Fire exists, to provide a place for those who do not wish to be with Him for eternity to go.

Jesus Himself (and I chose this username because of this) said "Do not judge based on appearances, but judge with righteous judgment." He's telling us to judge. He clearly wants us to judge.

And I prefer to leave judgement in Gods hands and just speak the word of God and he'll judge! And I have hope for everyone!

marhig

THESE ARE THE SCRIPTURE YOU SAID were NOT about a real sword!

Submit to Government
That's because I believe that the verse you are quoting means the word of God and not a natural sword!

Gods ministers don't fight with a natural sword GT!

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
JESUS is the ONE who says he only says what the Father says. Do you think I made that up? Do you want to believe it now that you know Jesus said it?

God the Father as a Son of Man said it to God the Father invisible.

John 12:49 For I did not speak on my own, but the Father who sent me commanded me to say all that I have spoken.

John 12:50 I know that his command leads to eternal life. So whatever I say is just what the Father has told me to say."

Jesus did not always speak what the Father said--

Luk 22:41 And He was withdrawn from them about a stone's throw, and He knelt down and prayed,
Luk 22:42 saying, "Father, if it is Your will, take this cup away from Me; nevertheless not My will, but Yours, be done."

God's Truth

That is not the subject matter.

This is--

Mat 26:52 But Jesus said to him, "Put your sword in its place, for all who take the sword will perish by the sword.

Rev 13:10 He that leadeth into captivity shall go into captivity: he that killeth with the sword must be killed with the sword.

Todays mighty armies can not be compared with the soldier Christ spoke to.

Men today who join those mighty armies, become servants of the wicked designs of world loving men.

LA

You are using Jesus' words about those who harm good people to make a blanket statement about every soldier and police officer.

You are not even considering the whole counsel and what Paul says about those in authority.

Don't you think that Jesus was speaking about those who wrongly punish you and kill? Don't you think that Jesus is explaining we do not use force to cause someone to believe as we do?

Go think about it some more and think about whether you feel like a hypocrite or not when you call the police to help you when you hear someone breaking in your house at night and the police kill them; or think about it when or if another country shoots a missile over here.

God's Truth

Jesus did not always speak what the Father said--

Luk 22:41 And He was withdrawn from them about a stone's throw, and He knelt down and prayed,
Luk 22:42 saying, "Father, if it is Your will, take this cup away from Me; nevertheless not My will, but Yours, be done."

God the Father commanded him to say that.

I already gave you the scriptures that explain how Jesus only says what the Father says and what the Father commanded him to say.

There are three and the three are one and the same.

You believe that a mere man became God. That is not possible.

Jesus says he is the SON OF MAN and CAME FROM HEAVEN.

Status
Not open for further replies.