How do you know you are saved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

God's Truth

I think to purposely take a life for any reason is wrong, what do you think that Jesus meant by love your enemy, do good to those that hate you, bless those that curse you and pray for those who did dispitefully use you?

How are you going to stop the kidnapper?

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Do you know Jesus also says His followers are not of the world as He is not of it?

I guess GT does not know about this quote. She has keeping avoiding it over and over.

marhig

So was it wrong for Jesus to die as punishment for our sins?

Sent from my Pixel XL using TheologyOnline mobile app
Jesus was murdered, those who murdered him were doing the works of their father the devil. How can you even think that it was a good thing?

John 7

Did not Moses give you the law, and yet none of you keepeth the law? Why go ye about to kill me?

John 8

They answered and said unto him, Abraham is our father. Jesus saith unto them, If ye were Abraham's children, ye would do the works of Abraham. But now ye seek to kill me, a man that hath told you the truth, which I have heard of God: this did not Abraham.*Ye do the deeds of your father. Then said they to him, We be not born of fornication; we have one Father, even God.

Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me. Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word. Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not. Which of you convinceth me of sin? And if I say the truth, why do ye not believe me?*He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

Murder is not the way of Christ!

God's Truth

I've already told you, there's no point in going on, you only hear what you want to hear!

That is not true. I do not only hear what I want to hear.

You contradict yourself so much it is hard to know what you are saying.

I've heard enough to know that now.

marhig

You contradict yourself so much it is hard to know what you are saying.

I've heard enough to know that now.
GT, I've said over and over that if i see someone being attacked I would try my hardest to stop them, hopefully through non violence, but if I had to use force I would, for instance, I'm not going to just stand there and watch a child get hurt or kidnapped.

But that does not mean that I agree to premeditated murder or execution.

What can't you understand about that? It's simple enough!

marhig

Anyway it's 2.30 am here I'm off to bed, I'll answer anymore later on tomorrow when I get a chance.

God's Truth

GT, I've said over and over that if i see someone being attacked I would try my hardest to stop them, hopefully through non violence, but if I had to use force I would, for instance, I'm not going to just stand there and watch a child get hurt or kidnapped.

But that does not mean that I agree to premeditated murder or execution.

What can't you understand about that? It's simple enough!

You are premeditating it now.

I showed you what Paul says and you went against it.

I have nothing else to say to you.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Jesus was murdered, those who murdered him were doing the works of their father the devil. How can you even think that it was a good thing?

John 7

Did not Moses give you the law, and*yet*none of you keepeth the law? Why go ye about to kill me?

John 8

They answered and said unto him, Abraham is our father. Jesus saith unto them, If ye were Abraham's children, ye would do the works of Abraham.*But now ye seek to kill me, a man that hath told you the truth, which I have heard of God: this did not Abraham.*Ye do the deeds of your father. Then said they to him, We be not born of fornication; we have one Father,*even*God.

Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.*Why do ye not understand my speech?*even*because ye cannot hear my word.*Ye are of*your*father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.And because I tell*you*the truth, ye believe me not.*Which of you convinceth me of sin? And if I say the truth, why do ye not believe me?*He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear*them*not, because ye are not of God.

Murder is not the way of Christ!

Simple question, is murder wrong?

Was Jesus willingly going to the cross wrong? I think it was a very good thing that He went to the cross and died for my sins.

If you had lived in His day, you would be saying lock him up, and would thereby deny billions of people the opportunity to know their Creator, and to fellowship with Him for all eternity. Do you realize how selfish that is?

You see, by saying that the death penalty is wrong, you undermine Christ's ENTIRE MINISTRY. Even the criminal on the cross next to Jesus said he was being punished JUSTLY. Paul himself said that if he should commit a crime worthy of death, then he WOULD NOT object to being executed.

By saying the death penalty is wrong, you unknowingly push the death penalty onto the innocent people. God guarantees that if we have a properly instituted death penalty, we will not have a crime epidemic, like the one we have today in America.

Remember what Jesus said?

"Forgive them, Father, for they know not what they do."

He was talking about their executing Him unjustly, yet in them doing so, He was taking the just reward for sin, which is death. Christ died SO THAT WE MAY LIVE.

I'd like to buy you a video, "God and the Death Penalty" for you to watch.
http://store.kgov.com/god-and-the-death-penalty-dvd-or-video-download/

Would you be interested?

Sent from my Pixel XL using TheologyOnline mobile app

God's Truth

I am asking you because you portrait yourself as a teacher of the Bible.

Are you boasting that you are not of this world?

You told us before that it is boasting to claim you are saved.

Those not of this world are saved and they live in the spiritual realm.

Status
Not open for further replies.