How do you know you are saved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

God's Truth

That's because I believe that the verse you are quoting means the word of God and not a natural sword!

Gods ministers don't fight with a natural sword GT!

Paul says we pay taxes so that the authorities can deal with those who do wrong.

Do you really want to stay in the lie and preach that Paul is saying those who do wrong will face a sermon of God's word?

Is that the wrath you want us to believe Paul meant?

Don't be ridiculous.

God's Truth

I believe those born of God shouldn't put their hand to violence. Jesus taught against violence, you believe what you will!

Do you have any grandchildren? Are any still small? What if you saw a man take your grandchild...would you call the police?! Would you want the police to stop the man? What if the only way to stop the man would be to kill him?

Are you going to say you would not want your grandchild saved?

You cannot preach with hypocrisy.

marhig

Paul says we pay taxes so that the authorities can deal with those who do wrong.

Do you really want to stay in the lie and preach that Paul is saying those who do wrong will face a sermon of God's word?

Is that the wrath you want us to believe Paul meant?

Don't be ridiculous.
Paul is talking to Gods people about Gods people, he's not talking of the world which is where wars violence and murder belong!

Haven't you read this? this is what Jesus teaches that those who belong to God should do!

Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.*But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;*That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven:

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
That's because I believe that the verse you are quoting means the word of God and not a natural sword!

Gods ministers don't fight with a natural sword GT!

May I interfere-

God is somewhat mysterious in the world in that His authority is on Rulers, and Judges in the courts and in households even among family members.

This does not mean they always do right.

King Neb, Daniel, and Joseph had such authority that men were executed according to their word if necessary.

However we may not be called to such office, but some are.

If someone broke into my house and started raping my wife and daughter, and if there was no other way to stop them, then I would shoot them.

I have such authority in my house, and they are worthy of death.

LA

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I don't believe in violence

I know that God tells Governments to instill terror into the hearts of criminals (and that means both domestic and foreign). If a Christian works for the Government (and there is nothing inherently wrong in doing so) then that applies to him just as much as it does the unbeliever.

Sent from my Pixel XL using TheologyOnline mobile app

God's Truth

Paul is talking to Gods people about Gods people, he's not talking of the world which is where wars violence and murder belong!

Haven't you read this? this is what Jesus teaches that those who belong to God should do!

Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.*But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;*That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven:

Do want to be reasonable, or do you want to pit scripture against scripture?

Jesus is not saying we do not need police and soldiers!

marhig

Do you have any grandchildren? Are any still small? What if you saw a man take your grandchild...would you call the police?! Would you want the police to stop the man? What if the only way to stop the man would be to kill him?

Are you going to say you would not want your grandchild saved?

You cannot preach with hypocrisy.
Hang on, I've always said that I would defend anyone as best as I could, and if I saw someone abducting a child then I would use whatever was there to try and stop them, and if they got killed in the process I would pray that God would forgive me. I would use whatever I had to hand to protect a child, any child not just my grandchildren.

I'm talking about murder, and execution. I don't agree with premeditated murder in anyway whatsoever and that includes the death penalty, and I don't agree with attacking others who attack me.

And I believe that because of the way I believe that I wouldn't go into a job where I would have to use violence, my heart would convict me before God!

I have nothing whatsoever against police men and soldiers, I just don't believe in violence and I believe that Jesus Christ taught against it!

marhig

May I interfere-

God is somewhat mysterious in the world in that His authority is on Rulers, and Judges in the courts and in households even among family members.

This does not mean they always do right.

King Neb, Daniel, and Joseph had such authority that men were executed according to their word if necessary.

However we may not be called to such office, but some are.

If someone broke into my house and started raping my wife and daughter, and if there was no other way to stop them, then I would shoot them.

LA

I'm not talking about defending others, I'm talking about murder and execution, Jesus taught against violence!

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
God the Father commanded him to say that.

I already gave you the scriptures that explain how Jesus only says what the Father says and what the Father commanded him to say.

There are three and the three are one and the same.

You believe that a mere man became God. That is not possible.

Jesus says he is the SON OF MAN and CAME FROM HEAVEN.

Jesus did not always say what the Father said, but after the Baptism of Jesus and His anointing by His Father then the Father did all that His Son said, and the Son said as the Father said.

Joh 14:10 Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father in Me? The words that I speak to you I do not speak on My own authority; but the Father who dwells in Me does the works.

John the baptist was sent from Heaven too as well as--

Joh 17:18 As You sent Me into the world, I also have sent them into the world.

LA

God's Truth

Jesus says let the dead bury their own dead.

think about this verse.

Jesus was calling the unsaved 'dead'.

You say you do not know if you are saved.

You just might be the one who is dead.

Of course if you say you are not the dead it would mean you are boasting, according to your ignorance.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

If a man broke into your house during the day, would you kill him?

So you have gun in your house?

I don't.

If I were able to easily obtain the necessary permits that several states require, I would carry a gun in my truck and/or on me at all times.

Meshak, what do you think of Jesus asking his disciples if they had any weapons?

Sent from my Pixel XL using TheologyOnline mobile app

God's Truth

Jesus did not always say what the Father said, but after the Baptism of Jesus and His anointing by His Father then the Father did all that His Son said, and the Son said as the Father said.

Joh 14:10 Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father in Me? The words that I speak to you I do not speak on My own authority; but the Father who dwells in Me does the works.

John the baptist was sent from Heaven too as well as--

Joh 17:18 As You sent Me into the world, I also have sent them into the world.

LA

We can debate this in the active trinity thread if you would like.

God's Truth

Hang on, I've always said that I would defend anyone as best as I could, and if I saw someone abducting a child then I would use whatever was there to try and stop them, and if they got killed in the process I would pray that God would forgive me. I would use whatever I had to hand to protect a child, any child not just my grandchildren.

I'm talking about murder, and execution. I don't agree with premeditated murder in anyway whatsoever and that includes the death penalty, and I don't agree with attacking others who attack me.

And I believe that because of the way I believe that I wouldn't go into a job where I would have to use violence, my heart would convict me before God!

I have nothing whatsoever against police men and soldiers, I just don't believe in violence and I believe that Jesus Christ taught against it!

YOU were going against the scriptures I gave where Paul says we pay taxes to God's servants of authority, and that they are their to PUNISH the wrong doer.

Now you are preaching a different way.

God's Truth

He did not say unsaved. He is talking about the world. Satan is in charge of this world.

Do you know Jesus also says His followers are not of the world as He is not of it?

Jesus gives life. Those who do not have Jesus do not have life. Those who have Jesus have passed from DEATH to life.

Death means dead.

John 5:24 "Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life.

Status
Not open for further replies.