How do you know you are saved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Go ahead, give your theories.

Much of what people believe about that is nothing more than presumption.

Test it here.

LA

meshak

BANNED
Banned

Go ahead, give your theories.

Much of what people believe about that is nothing more than presumption.

Test it here.

LA

We don't know until we meet Jesus.

"for God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life."

"Shall not" is future tense.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER

"for God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life."

We are secure as long as we stay on holy ground, our sanctuary.

drbrumley

"Shall not" is present tense and future tense.

drbrumley

It cannot be both.

Why? Since your fluent and understand the English language so well that you can teach it in college, please enlighten us heathens and hell bound counterfeit christians the proper sentence structures to this verse. Thanks!

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Why? Since your fluent and understand the English language so well that you can teach it in college, please enlighten us heathens and hell bound counterfeit christians the proper sentence structures to this verse. Thanks!

Ok, give me proof.

I have learned that "shall" is future tense in high school English class.

Jerry Shugart

The LORD has given me an understanding of the things found in the Scriptures so my faith stands in the power of God (1 Jn.5:20;1 Cor.2:5).

And having received the spirit which is of God I know the things which are freely given to me:

"Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God"
(1 Cor.2:12).​

I know that I have received the "gift of eternal life" (Ro.6:23) and these words describe exactly how I received that precious gift:

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life"
(Jn.3"16).​

Status
Not open for further replies.