How do you know you are saved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
That is not John 1:14 says, neither is that what Matthew 1:23 says, nor is it what the Hebrew passage says which Matthew 1:23 is quoting from. The Name of the Father is nowhere mentioned in the sense that you mean it in either of those two passages you have quoted to make your point. Saying that "Jesus is YHWH" is a twisting of the scripture because the Father is YHWH throughout the Old Testament.
The Trinity is YHWH and YHWH is the Trinity. Numbers 6:24-26 (KJV)
Neither is it true Trinitarianism which you are describing. The Father is not His own Son. The Father did not beget Himself.
Nor does the Church's teaching on the Trinity suggest or claim or indicate such, so straw man on your part there.

marhig

I bet when Paul looks around at what people did with his private letters he will wish he could edit too...lol
I thought like that when I was reading posts on here the other day. God knew that man did change his laws to suit flesh, so he sent his son to live it out so that we have no excuse, and he was our perfect example to follow.

But with Paul their doing it again and changing the truth into a lie, and some put what Jesus taught side and just follow Paul, then change what he says so that they can carry on sinning saying that Jesus has done it all for them, it's disgraceful to change the truth to suit the flesh! Any church that doesn't teach that we are to do Gods will and turn from sin is a false church.

marhig

You still do not answer. It is because you cannot.

I tell you, we don't need Paul's word to follow Jesus or believe in Jesus.
Meshak I look at it this way, God has everything that he wants in the Bible. So I believe all of it, because it's all his word.

marhig

Marhig,

We both know we agree most regarding our faith. You don't agree with me only Paul's position.

My faith comes only by reading Jesus' word. yet we both come to the same conclusions even "I am saved" and pacifism position. Yes, I read the rest too but how I base my practice is only by Jesus' word.

You see, most here, if not all, are Paul's admirers, yet you agree with me more than those.

No one can say you need Paul's word to follow Christ.
Meshak I wrote my last post before seeing this, I do agree on much of what you say, but I truly believe that God has put in the Bible what he wanted. Including Paul's epistles, I can hear the spirit in him and he has wisdom and understanding and he knows the deeper things of God. I can hear it in his letters. Things that people bypass not realising that Paul is speaking in the Spirit. So I know that he is a strong man of God.

I have to believe what is right, and Paul speaks the truth. Only many have twisted what he means because they don't understand the Spirit.

marhig

If you think I am trying to convert you, your sadly mistaken.....only the Word of God can pierce your soul to move you to saving faith. but I will defend the faith from untruths and you being on this board preaching to others THE WAY to be a hopeful someday christian needs to be countered, because you destroy the faith of others.
What do you mean by a hopeful someday Christian? Thanks

musterion

Why are you who don't believe you can know you are saved so Hell-bent on convincing others they can't know either? What's in it for you to do that?

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Meshak I wrote my last post before seeing this, I do agree on much of what you say, but I truly believe that God has put in the Bible what he wanted. Including Paul's epistles, I can hear the spirit in him and he has wisdom and understanding and he knows the deeper things of God. I can hear it in his letters. Things that people bypass not realising that Paul is speaking in the Spirit. So I know that he is a strong man of God.

I have to believe what is right, and Paul speaks the truth. Only many have twisted what he means because they don't understand the Spirit.

Before I start doubting Paul, I try very hard to convince myself Paul is Jesus' most trusted servant.

But I gave up. The HS in me telling me otherwise. And my best friend whom I met in this forum believe the same I do. We agree on 100% in our faith. She no longer post here.

She is the most godly and mature Christian I ever met. We still keep in touch by email.

She is pacifist, non-trin and she does not boast to be saved nor holy either.

I will be back this evening for more.

blessings.

Last edited:

drbrumley

[MENTION=18157]marhig[/MENTION]

Before I start doubting Paul, I try very hard to convince myself Paul is Jesus' most trusted servant.

But I gave up. The HS in me telling me otherwise.

See what I mean......there is no POSSIBLE way the Holy Spirit is telling her Paul is a heretic.

drbrumley

[MENTION=18157]marhig[/MENTION]

See what I mean......there is no POSSIBLE way the Holy Spirit is telling her Paul is a heretic.

This goes way beyond a doctrinal disagreement between [MENTION=13959]meshak[/MENTION] and I. I can live with doctrinal disagreements. But I will not look the other way when one starts throwing the baby out with the bathwater. Paul was the greatest christian of them all. God used the Apostle Paul to write the majority of the New Testament. When one says Paul is wrong, that means you are saying that Paul's letters are wrong. Thereby saying most of the New testament is wrong. And that my friend is wrong.

drbrumley

But I gave up. The HS in me telling me otherwise.

Bear in mind that our Lord’s patience means salvation, just as our dear brother Paul also wrote you with the wisdom that God gave him. He writes the same way in all his letters, speaking in them of these matters. His letters contain some things that are hard to understand, which ignorant and unstable people distort, as they do the other Scriptures, to their own destruction (2 Peter 3:15,16).

musterion

This goes way beyond a doctrinal disagreement between @meshak and I. I can live with doctrinal disagreements. But I will not look the other way when one starts throwing the baby out with the bathwater. Paul was the greatest christian of them all. God used the Apostle Paul to write the majority of the New Testament. When one says Paul is wrong, that means you are saying that Paul's letters are wrong. Thereby saying most of the New testament is wrong. And that my friend is wrong.

Also, to deny Paul automatically denies Luke and Peter, both of whom vouched for his apostleship. But the Meshak Persona couldn't care less about what the Bible says.

God's Truth

If you don't care why do you post to me?

I can reply to what anyone here says and it does not mean I care about what you think of me.

You blasphemy the words of Paul.

You put me condemned where you put Paul, and you think you are so special for it.

You have demons and you need to repent.

God's Truth

Most of you believe you are saved and holy, and telling me I don't know God.

just amazing.

No one answered this question:

do you believe you have to know Paul's ward of follow Jesus?

Paul's words are the words of God.

You are so evil, you claim to be a teacher and a judge, yet you disobeyed God who says do not judge a chosen of mine. Paul is a chosen of God's.

musterion

The prophecy has come true. Once befriended and defended by GT and Marhig, Meshak finally turns on them as well.

THERE IS NO ONE IN THE HISTORY OF TOL WHO MESHAK HAS NOT TURNED ON SOONER OR LATER.

Status
Not open for further replies.