How do you know you are saved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
No he didn't, but Jesus still taught peace and not violence. And John the Baptist clearly said to the soldier show violence to no man. I've said in another thread, it says in the Bible that our weapons of warfare are not carnal, we war with the sword of the spirit which is the word of God.

War and violence are of this world but those born of God who walk in the Spirit are not of this world. We're to bring God to others through love, not war and violence they are not the way, hate brings hate but love overcomes hate and Jesus showed a new and living way and through him we can be born anew of the Spirit, the holy spirit gives us the power to overcome the flesh and hatred and violence will be the last things on our mind.

Jas 4:1 From whence come wars and fightings among you? come they not hence, even of your lusts that war in your members?
Jas 4:2 Ye lust, and have not: ye kill, and desire to have, and cannot obtain: ye fight and war, yet ye have not, because ye ask not.
Jas 4:3 Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts.
Jas 4:4 Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.

Jas 5:1 Go to now, ye rich men, weep and howl for your miseries that shall come upon you.
Jas 5:2 Your riches are corrupted, and your garments are motheaten.
Jas 5:3 Your gold and silver is cankered; and the rust of them shall be a witness against you, and shall eat your flesh as it were fire. Ye have heaped treasure together for the last days.
Jas 5:4 Behold, the hire of the labourers who have reaped down your fields, which is of you kept back by fraud, crieth: and the cries of them which have reaped are entered into the ears of the Lord of sabaoth.
Jas 5:5 Ye have lived in pleasure on the earth, and been wanton; ye have nourished your hearts, as in a day of slaughter.
Jas 5:6 Ye have condemned and killed the just; and he doth not resist you.
Jas 5:7 Be patient therefore, brethren, unto the coming of the Lord. Behold, the husbandman waiteth for the precious fruit of the earth, and hath long patience for it, until he receive the early and latter rain.
Jas 5:8 Be ye also patient; stablish your hearts: for the coming of the Lord draweth nigh.

LA

marhig

She did expose herself, as she claimed she was exposing others.
GT none of us know the depths of the hearts of others, only God can judge that.

I don't agree with meshak regarding Paul, but I hope that one day she will see that he's a true apostle, people have twisted what Paul says even saying that he preaches another gospel so that others think that Paul preaches different to Jesus. But I know Paul is of God and I hope that one day meshak does too, maybe we can show her why Paul is a true apostle rather than rip her to bits like many do here.

Also, many things meshak believes in are the truth. And I agree with her on a lot, but not regarding the apostle Paul, he loved God from his heart.

jsanford108

If you believe them, :eek:linger: you will die in your sin (Jud 11).

The heretics here at TOL will agree with you.
hightheo032769723695723u4.JPG
I will not (see: Lordship). You have no righteousness of your own. When you trust in the Lord, his righteousness is imputed (1 Cor. 1:30). The believer isn't sinless. He sins less.

If it's genuine (1 Thess. 1:9, 10). :juggle:

A priest can't do a thing for you. :rolleyes: If you come to the end of your life and call a pedophile in to read you your last rights, you're going to hell. Now your blood's on you not me. Have a nice day.

See:

No Mediator

You are full of hate. Time and again all you ever attack is the Catholic Church. You have no proof for any of your accusations. No evidence. And you clearly have no knowledge of what the Bible actually teaches. Why don't you turn your eyes of criticism and judgment against yourself? Your arguments cannot even withstand basic scrutiny.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

jsanford108

The Catholic church is wicked and they hinder many from being saved.

Provide some proof here, GT. If being saved is belief in Christ, the Trinity, the attributes of God, the cross and resurrection, etc, then all practicing Catholics will definitely be in Heaven.

It is always interesting how "all you need is faith," unless you are Catholic. Seems a little contradictory and hypocritical.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

drbrumley

How do you know you are saved.

Go ahead, give your theories.

Much of what people believe about that is nothing more than presumption.

Test it here.

LA

John 3:16
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
Romans 3:10
As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:
Romans 3:23
For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God.
Romans 6:23
For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord;
Titus 3:5
Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;
Ephesians 2:8-9
8For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9Not of works, lest any man should boast.
Romans 5:8
But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
Acts 16:31
And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.
1 John 5:13
These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God: that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
John 3:16
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
Romans 3:10
As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:
Romans 3:23
For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God.
Romans 6:23
For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord;
Titus 3:5
Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;
Ephesians 2:8-9
8For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9Not of works, lest any man should boast.
Romans 5:8
But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
Acts 16:31
And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.
1 John 5:13
These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God: that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

How do YOU know you are saved?

LA

drbrumley

How do YOU know you are saved?

LA

I know I am saved because Jesus Christ, the Son of God, died to purchase my salvation.

AND yes [MENTION=13959]meshak[/MENTION], I will BOAST in His death, burial and resurrection every minute, every hour every day. You call that boasting, then that's what it is, and there isn't nothing you can do or say that will take that good news away from ME!!!! Got it, GOOD!!!!!

I know because God's Word says so. I know because I have a relationship with the Lord Jesus. I know because I am not like I used to be, I don't want to live in sin and apart from Jesus. Sin is such a burden to carry on one's shoulders.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Most of you believe you are saved and holy, and telling me I don't know God.

just amazing.

No one answered this question:

do you believe you have to know Paul's ward of follow Jesus?

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
So then, Nihilo, do you also say, "Jesus is YHWH", like Musterion says? :)
I believe in the Trinity, if that's what you mean. :) He is YHWH made flesh, as John 1:14 (KJV) indicates. He is YHWH with us, as Matthew 1:23 (KJV) says. Also He is the Son in Matthew 28:19 (KJV). :)

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
You are full of hate. Time and again all you ever attack is the Catholic Church. You have no proof for any of your accusations. No evidence. And you clearly have no knowledge of what the Bible actually teaches. Why don't you turn your eyes of criticism and judgment against yourself? Your arguments cannot even withstand basic scrutiny.
SD's just a loser, don't let them get to you. ;)

drbrumley

Most of you believe you are saved and holy, and telling me I don't know God.

Yes, when one says Paul is wrong, when one says Paul was a Blasphemer it will make a christian look twice at the words of the one who spoke it. Paul was perhaps the greatest Christian to live in my opinion.

No one answered this question:

do you believe you have to know Paul's ward of follow Jesus?

Since Paul penned what God directed him to, then yes if it has been presented to you..

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Yes, when one says Paul is wrong, when one says Paul was a Blasphemer it will make a christian look twice at the words of the one who spoke it. Paul was perhaps the greatest Christian to live in my opinion.

Since Paul penned what God directed him to, then yes if it has been presented to you..

So you think you need Paul's teaching to follow Jesus?

Status
Not open for further replies.