Homophobia

OCTOBER23

Homophobia is a fear of homosexuals
----------------------------------------------

Who is afraid of a guy who dresses nice and talks softly.

They just wont qualify to be in the kingdom of God.

Truster

Homophobia is a fear of homosexuals
----------------------------------------------

Who is afraid of a guy who dresses nice and talks softly.

They just wont qualify to be in the kingdom of God.

I fear what they do to children and the next generation. How they pollute the minds of the young and I fear that the young cannot oppose their predatory ways.

alwight

I fear what they do to children and the next generation. How they pollute the minds of the young and I fear that the young cannot oppose their predatory ways.
Most children will be fine and a whole lot better off without homophobic bigots poisoning their minds that the typical gay person is somehow more likely to be an evil child molester than anyone else.:plain:

Truster

Most children will be fine and a whole lot better off without homophobic bigots poisoning their minds that the typical gay person is somehow more likely to be an evil child molester than anyone else.:plain:

Why would a heterosexual male want to molest a young boy?

alwight

Why would a heterosexual male want to molest a young boy?
Why you equate homosexuality with paedophilia is rather hard to understand, ignorance perhaps?
Homosexuals are homosexuals, heterosexuals are heterosexuals, Paedophiles are Paedophiles.

Huckleberry

sticker.jpg

Hmm. 2012? :think:

Sorry, looks like it's too late guys. Homerphobia is here to stay. :nono:

TIPlatypus

Not engaging in homosexual sex is still the not-wicked thing to do though.

[/QUOTE}

I agree, but I still maintain that it isn't good enough.

Not really sure what you're saying here, but if you're demanding a cure of some sort for sexuality...I hate to tell there isn't any such, short of divine intervention.

I mean, you can either embrace it or not. There is a difference between gay and proud and gay and not proud.

Even so, what is wrong with divine intervention? You also don't know about some sort of cure. This is similar to the black and white swans. It doesn't matter how many white swans you see, you will never know if there are black swans until you see a black swan.

Huckleberry

I agree, but I still maintain that it isn't good enough.
No more or less true than for any sin.

I mean, you can either embrace it or not. There is a difference between gay and proud and gay and not proud.
Likewise any sin. And true in regards to man's sin nature itself, for that matter.

Even so, what is wrong with divine intervention?
Nothing at all. Just, if you're gay, don't count on it. I know a few gay Christians. Some very few will testify that they were delivered from homosexuality when they came to Christ. Most, however, aren't but rather learn to live with it just as we all still struggle with the flesh. So, not having any inkling how God makes that determination, I'd say just don't count on divine intervention. Play the cards He deals you.
You also don't know about some sort of cure. This is similar to the black and white swans. It doesn't matter how many white swans you see, you will never know if there are black swans until you see a black swan.
Yeah...you lost me here. :idunno:

TIPlatypus

Well, maybe science or psychology or something else will find a way. Just because there isn't one now, does not mean there never will be.

Does that clear it up. I am not very articulate.

Huckleberry

Well, maybe science or psychology or something else will find a way. Just because there isn't one now, does not mean there never will be.

Does that clear it up. I am not very articulate.

I understand and I agree. In fact, if the Lord tarries, I've no doubt homosexuality will be better understood and even treatable as a mainstream alternative. Still, my main point is and was that a lot of people seem to have trouble wrapping their heads around homosexuality. Differentiating between the sin and the person. This is fine for those that embrace homosexuality, as they take that as their identity, but what about those that don't? Or those that struggle with it? And so it bugs me.

Truster

Why you equate homosexuality with paedophilia is rather hard to understand, ignorance perhaps?
Homosexuals are homosexuals, heterosexuals are heterosexuals, Paedophiles are Paedophiles.

Why is it homosexuals and those that approve of their perversions are in denial that it takes a man with homosexual tendencies to sexually assault a male child. Homosexuality and male on male pedophile behaviour are bound by an unnatural disorder.

Huckleberry

Why is it homosexuals and those that approve of their perversions are in denial that it takes a man with homosexual tendencies to sexually assault a male child. Homosexuality and male on male pedophile behaviour are bound by an unnatural disorder.

Why is it that you won't answer the hypothetical posed earlier, concerning a lifelong friend coming to you desperately seeking help for homosexuality, when you present yourself as one concerned with the issue?

It is, to me, curious and troubling. If that matters.

alwight

I really don't think that Jimmy Savile cared less if his victims were underage male or female, how do you account for that?