Homophobia

Arthur Brain

yet all the evidence shows that orientation is inborn.

This is the one thing I don't get with the 'people choose to be gay' crowd. They're effectively saying that everyone has control over their sexuality that has to include themselves by logical association if such can only come about by conscious will.

The fact is, if you're straight then there's no attraction or inclination to even act upon in regards to homosexuality. If anyone finds themselves being attracted to both or the same gender then quit with the heterosexuality 'tag'. It's not a "choice" unless people want to chime in with when they chose to start liking the opposite gender?

I doubt many, if any will do that as they know fine well they didn't choose any such thing.

Truster

Nobody ''chooses'' to be homosexual because it is a judgement as shown in Romans. (Unless some others would like to denounce Paul's epistles)
What these perverts choose to do is boast about their perversion.

Arthur Brain

What is the matter? I thought this brought home the point of "do you still beat your wife". You are a phony and a fraud.

I think his point was made well enough without bothering to address you any further. The fact that you act like a man less than half your age and with such a sick personality as to constantly post your sadistic glee at the prospect of the suffering of others has been documented enough already.

Arthur Brain

Nobody ''chooses'' to be homosexual because it is a judgement as shown in Romans. (Unless some others would like to denounce Paul's epistles)
What these perverts choose to do is boast about their perversion.

Well that sounds fair. Bad luck if you're a homosexual cos not only have you no say in it you'll also have to endure the bigotry of those who even seem to concede you have no say in it...

oldhermit

so why does all the evidence say that orientation is inborn?

Or its nothing more than evidence of a fact you don't happen to like

any evidence to back up this claim?

Pride in the gay community is meant to convey that they refuse to live in fear and shame because some individuals choose to hate and make false claims about them

orientation isn't a behavior

Here are the simple facts. God hates it, God condemned it, and God will destroy all who engage in it or defend it. All else is irrelevant.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Defending homosexuality is a rationalization process by which people attempt to normalize deviant choices that cannot be justified through any psychological exercise. This is simply an attempt to placate a conscience that cannot harmonize the thing one desires and the moral limitations that prohibit the behavior. Homosexuality is not a biological issue, it is a sin issue. It is not socially acceptable behavior, it is a social and moral disgrace. Homosexuality is not an illness nor is it some type of genetic abnormality. It is certainly not engineered biologically at birth. Homosexuals are NOT born gay. This is nothing more than an attempt to appeal to the scientific community and call them as a witness against the defense of scripture to defend this perverted behavior. Homosexuality is a learned behavior and a matter of choice, not a predilection. There is no "pride" in it, nor should it be afforded any measure of dignity. IT IS SIN and in the end it will destroy all who engage in it or stand in its defense. Attempting to explain it away scientifically is simply an attempt to excuse the behavior and marginalize it's shame.
and to inoculate people against believing that the Bible is truth.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Could you make a conscious choice to start liking blokes? Yes or no? Was there ever a point in your life where even an inclination to do so happened? Again, yes or no?

A conscious choice? Perhaps not. Though people do make conscious choices that lead them into unexpected perversions.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Here are the simple facts. God hates it, God condemned it, and God will destroy all who engage in it or defend it. All else is irrelevant.

I don't know that you are wrong on this but tell us a little more how you arrived at this position.

oldhermit

I don't know that you are wrong on this but tell us a little more how you arrived at this position.

"Though they know God’s righteous decree that those who practice such things deserve to die, they not only do them but give approval to those who practice them." Romans 1:32

Huckleberry

The sin is not due to the gender of the attraction. it's due to sexual desire that's based on selfish pleasure, and at the expense of our love for others. The sin is lust. And we are just as guilty of the sin of lust whether we act on it or not.

From a spiritual perspective the sin has already occurred whether it's been acted on or not, and in fact, it would be a serious deception to imagine that by not acting on our lust that we have somehow avoided committing the sin.
Say a man is tempted to commit murder. He is now guilty of murder in his heart. sure. But would you rather he then restrain himself or go ahead and murder, since he's already guilty of that sin in his heart?

You and I do not have the authority to judge hearts, because we do not have the ability. We judge actions, because those we can see. And you do a grave disservice (to say the very least) preaching that one should go ahead and commit any sin harbored in one's heart, as the guilt is already done. :nono:

Huckleberry

I can understand that generally speaking Christian doctrine tends to reject fornication, sexual intercourse outside of marriage, as the basic issue here. Sex is apparently only for married people in order to make new Christians, never just for pleasure, yeah, right? ;)
No. Sex certainly is for reproducing, for pleasure and for many other things besides. Do us a favor and don't wield that ridiculous caricature of a straw man that so many others do, falsely painting Christians as prudes. It does you no favors.

The hypocrisy is that most Christians don't really want to stick to those rules, so they don't, but no matter, repentance and forgiveness will always take care of that problem and the pretence can go on.
No. Rather we struggle just as everyone does and we're not less prone to rationalizing our failures away. The difference is that Christians have the indwelling of the Holy Spirit and don't want to sin. We hate sin. We do not revel in it, as some do.
But gay people don't have that fig leaf of pretence, they can't ever have sex within strictly Christian rules else they always "sin" if they do.
Of course they can. What are you on about?
So let's have some honesty here, let Christians without sin of their own be the ones to condemn the "sins" of gay people, else keep quiet. :plain:
It's a deal. :thumb:
As Christ has paid for my sins and I am accounted as righteous, then I go right on ahead judging.

oldhermit

still waiting for answer as to why all the evidence say that orientation is inborn

I could not care less what interpretation the scientific community gives on this or any other matter. Whenever human intelligence is confronted with the intelligence of God, human reason will always be subordinated and overturned. No matter what arguments one may offer in favor of homosexuality it is the Word of God that will always stand as the standard of judgment for all human conduct. The bottom line is that God has condemned this behavior and no amount of human reason will ever overturn this one fact.

Truster

Well that sounds fair. Bad luck if you're a homosexual cos not only have you no say in it you'll also have to endure the bigotry of those who even seem to concede you have no say in it...

I have stated on a number of occasions that the people in society need to realise that they are responsible for the judgement of homosexuality. Irreverence towards the Almighty (that is prevalent on here) and injustice towards man (ditto).