Homophobia

Nang

TOL Subscriber
I have give thought to this topic. Prevalence of homosexuality in a society is symptomatic of that culture's rejection of God's principles. America and Western civilation in general fleeing double time away from God. As a result a peculiar madness has set in where that advocate homosexuality and other self injurious behaviors (BDSM for example). They not only advocate self destructive behaviors, but condemn people who speak out against it.

Agreed. Homosexuality is the ultimate judgment from God upon disobedient nations; usually indicative of His imminent and final destruction of that particular society.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
There was an article about how disgusting homophobic's are in our local paper today. I was a little upset about this so I added this comment. I fully expect it to be deleted.

''Homophobia is a fear of homosexuals and it can't be helped. I'm homophobic and I can honestly say it is not through choice...its the way I am and I would ask people to accept me the way I am''.

Is this not a reasonable request?

Good for you ... and good for all of those who responded to you in the same spirit you replied. Free speech and all. :)

Huckleberry

God created us all; heterosexual! Any deviation from that, is lust
of the flesh chosen by man! Drunkenness is chosen, molestation,
is chosen, adultery is chosen, lying is chosen, hate is chosen, etc.!
What then do you suppose would be the motivation for a person "created" as you say heterosexual, to then decide to "lust" after the same sex instead, assuming that "lust" for the opposite sex is usually more natural?:liberals:
How can anyone choose what to "lust" after if it is not already innate, can you?
This is why Christians should carefully differentiate between the desire to sin and the act itself. :nono:

I don't hold being a homosexual against anyone, any more than being a sinner (and for the same reasons). The act itself, as in the case of all sin...that's another matter.
Agreed. Homosexuality is the ultimate judgment from God upon disobedient nations; usually indicative of His imminent and final destruction of that particular society.
I do not believe God "inflicts" homosexuality on any people. Rather, if anything other than simply letting them embrace it or reject it as they will, and thus reap the logical consequences, then He at worst simply removes His hand and allows all the evil He would otherwise keep at bay to descend. Essentially, letting them learn their lesson the hard way, when it gets the point that's it's clear they won't learn it any other way.

So it is, I'm afraid, for us these days.

TIPlatypus

It's pretty simple, isn't it? It's the same you'd tell a heterosexual confronted with their sexuality. Don't fornicate. :duh:

As far as i'm concerned, that's not good enough. I am not interested in telling gay people that they should remain celibate and that is the solution to their suffering. I am talking about people who think it is wrong and for some reason cannot change their sexuality. That doesn't not make you gay imo. It makes you sad and unhappy. That's an incomplete solution.

Huckleberry

As far as i'm concerned, that's not good enough. I am not interested in telling gay people that they should remain celibate and that is the solution to their suffering.
Where did I say it would be a solution to anyone's suffering? I'm sure they'll still be suffering, struggling and generally miserable, at least without Christ anyway. Not engaging in homosexual sex is still the not-wicked thing to do though.
I am talking about people who think it is wrong and for some reason cannot change their sexuality. That doesn't not make you gay imo. It makes you sad and unhappy. That's an incomplete solution.
Not really sure what you're saying here, but if you're demanding a cure of some sort for sexuality...I hate to tell there isn't any such, short of divine intervention. Until they invent a pill for it, that's just how it is. You don't agree it's still better to remain celibate than engage in homosexual fornication?
Except that the sin is in the desire. So you've done nothing at all to save him. And there's nothing at all you can do.
Same question to you, I suppose. It's not better to remain celibate than to embrace homosexual fornication, short of a "cure" of some sort?

oatmeal

There was an article about how disgusting homophobic's are in our local paper today. I was a little upset about this so I added this comment. I fully expect it to be deleted.

''Homophobia is a fear of homosexuals and it can't be helped. I'm homophobic and I can honestly say it is not through choice...its the way I am and I would ask people to accept me the way I am''.

There is no more reason to fear a homosexual than there is anyone else who sins.

Either we are obeying God and thus have God's protection or we are not.

PureX

You don't agree it's still better to remain celibate than engage in homosexual fornication?

It's not better to remain celibate than to embrace homosexual fornication, short of a "cure" of some sort?
The sin is not due to the gender of the attraction. it's due to sexual desire that's based on selfish pleasure, and at the expense of our love for others. The sin is lust. And we are just as guilty of the sin of lust whether we act on it or not.

From a spiritual perspective the sin has already occurred whether it's been acted on or not, and in fact, it would be a serious deception to imagine that by not acting on our lust that we have somehow avoided committing the sin.

alwight

This is why Christians should carefully differentiate between the desire to sin and the act itself. :nono:
I can understand that generally speaking Christian doctrine tends to reject fornication, sexual intercourse outside of marriage, as the basic issue here. Sex is apparently only for married people in order to make new Christians, never just for pleasure, yeah, right? ;)

The hypocrisy is that most Christians don't really want to stick to those rules, so they don't, but no matter, repentance and forgiveness will always take care of that problem and the pretence can go on.

But gay people don't have that fig leaf of pretence, they can't ever have sex within strictly Christian rules else they always "sin" if they do.
So let's have some honesty here, let Christians without sin of their own be the ones to condemn the "sins" of gay people, else keep quiet. :plain:

6days

GAYS WILL NOT BE TORMENTED

THEY JUST WONT BE ALLOWED IN THE KINGDOM.
False... Perhaps you just didn't word it correctly.
Christ died for all. Any repentant sinner who accepts Christ as Savior WILL be allowed in the kingdom. There are many 'gays' who trust Christ as their Savior who still have same sex attraction. Being attracted to same sex is not a sin.

6days

Sex is apparently only for married people in order to make new Christians, never just for pleasure, yeah, right? ;)
For pleasure??? What are you talking about? There is no pleasure in performing this duty. Only because it is commanded do we persevere in the marriage bed....:chuckle:

Truster

You were trying to pretend that your bigotry isn't a choice, and you were looking to provoke a real or imagined attack for it so you could play the victim of some sort of 'counter-bigotry'. But the truth is that no one cares what you are afraid of, or whom you choose to despise because of your own fear and bigotry. All that matters to the rest of us is how you behave toward us as the result of your fear and bigotry. And even then, we only care if your behavior negatively effects our well-being, or the well-being of others.

However, if you come to places like TOL or the op-ed pages of newspapers, where we are all being invited to express our opinions, then of course you will find yourself being accosted and debated by people who disagree with you. But you are certainly not a 'victim' of their opinions in those instances. And in the case of the people whom you wish to harm because of your bigotry (gays), you are the victimizer, not the victim.

What I was doing is showing people are now calling evil good and good evil.

Truster

I wonder, Truster: imagine you had a friend, (male for the sake of the argument). Imagine that you get to know this guy really well and you end up having many good times together. He's even the best man at your wedding! After 15 years of knowing him, he comes to you with a scared look on his face. He asks, "Can I trust you?" You reply, "Of course you can mate." He says, I don't wanna be like this, I've tried not to and failed, but I'm gay. Can you help me?"

What would you do?

I prefer to live my life in the reality that I am daily given. When I pray ''deliver us from evil'' I expect that to be done. So your silly little fiction wouldn't happen.

TracerBullet

Homophobia - an irrational fear of, aversion to, or discrimination against homosexuality or people who are identified or perceived as being lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender. It includes antipathy, contempt, prejudice, aversion, and hatred of homosexuals

TracerBullet

Unfortunately, you're fighting a losing battle, as gay advocates have it all figured out. They always and everywhere say, "Being gay is not a choice. Being a hater is always a choice." They say this openly, and see no irony in what they're saying. :think:

shame on those horrible gays for stating (ugh) FACTS

The nerve of them

TracerBullet

Defending homosexuality is a rationalization process by which people attempt to normalize deviant choices that cannot be justified through any psychological exercise. This is simply an attempt to placate a conscience that cannot harmonize the thing one desires and the moral limitations that prohibit the behavior. Homosexuality is not a biological issue, it is a sin issue. It is not socially acceptable behavior, it is a social and moral disgrace. Homosexuality is not an illness nor is it some type of genetic abnormality. It is certainly not engineered biologically at birth. Homosexuals are NOT born gay.
so why does all the evidence say that orientation is inborn?

This is nothing more than an attempt to appeal to the scientific community and call them as a witness against the defense of scripture to defend this perverted behavior.
Or its nothing more than evidence of a fact you don't happen to like

Homosexuality is a learned behavior and a matter of choice, not a predilection.
any evidence to back up this claim?

There is no "pride" in it, nor should it be afforded any measure of dignity.
Pride in the gay community is meant to convey that they refuse to live in fear and shame because some individuals choose to hate and make false claims about them

IT IS SIN and in the end it will destroy all who engage in it or stand in its defense. Attempting to explain it away scientifically is simply an attempt to excuse the behavior and marginalize it's shame.

orientation isn't a behavior