Homophobia

bybee

You were trying to pretend that your bigotry isn't a choice, and you were looking to provoke a real or imagined attack for it so you could play the victim of some sort of 'counter-bigotry'. But the truth is that no one cares what you are afraid of, or whom you choose to despise because of your own fear and bigotry. All that matters to the rest of us is how you behave toward us as the result of your fear and bigotry. And even then, we only care if your behavior negatively effects our well-being, or the well-being of others.

However, if you come to places like TOL or the op-ed pages of newspapers, where we are all being invited to express our opinions, then of course you will find yourself being accosted and debated by people who disagree with you. But you are certainly not a 'victim' of their opinions in those instances. And in the case of the people whom you wish to harm because of your bigotry (gays), you are the victimizer, not the victim.

Well said! He is exhibiting a bit of "Uriah Heep" behavior.

alwight

It's funny that a cigar smoker wants to stamp out fags...

lets-face-it-you-could-get-hit-by-a-bus-tomorrow-go-on-have-a-fag.jpg

:idunno:
I wonder how that (fags) translates in the American boondocks? :think:

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Well, your fears are not relevant to anyone but you. So in that sense I think it's an odd request, as it's asking for some special consideration that is neither necessary nor relevant to anyone but you.

That same statement applies to those who demand others to approve what they do in their bedrooms.

Its asking for special consideration that is neither necessary nor relevant to anyone but them.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I have give thought to this topic. Prevalence of homosexuality in a society is symptomatic of that culture's rejection of God's principles. America and Western civilation in general fleeing double time away from God. As a result a peculiar madness has set in where that advocate homosexuality and other self injurious behaviors (BDSM for example). They not only advocate self destructive behaviors, but condemn people who speak out against it.

PureX

That same statement applies to those who demand others to approve what they do in their bedrooms.
No one is demanding that anyone else approve of what they do in there bedroom. A demand for equal rights and freedom is not a demand for approval. But you are determined not to recognize this fact.

alwight

I have give thought to this topic. Prevalence of homosexuality in a society is symptomatic of that culture's rejection of God's principles. America and Western civilation in general fleeing double time away from God. As a result a peculiar madness has set in where that advocate homosexuality and other self injurious behaviors (BDSM for example). They not only advocate self destructive behaviors, but condemn people who speak out against it.
By all means speak out about the inherent risks of any form of sexual practice if you want to but blaming it all on homosexuality would be the typical refuge of a homophobic bigot imo. Not that I'm suggesting you are btw.

gcthomas

Nope.

Resisting homos is part of the battle on the side that will win.

Homo
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Homo is the genus of hominids that includes modern humans and species closely related to them. The genus is estimated to be about 2.3 to 2.4 million years old,[1][2] possibly having evolved from australopithecine ancestors, with the appearance of Homo habilis.

:idunno:

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
There was an article about how disgusting homophobic's are in our local paper today. I was a little upset about this so I added this comment. I fully expect it to be deleted.

''Homophobia is a fear of homosexuals and it can't be helped. I'm homophobic and I can honestly say it is not through choice...its the way I am and I would ask people to accept me the way I am''.

Is this not a reasonable request?

Homophobic? :idunno: Homorealistic?

Homosexuality is: forbidden (Lev. 18:22), considered an abomination (1 Kin. 14:24), punishment for (Lev. 20:13), unclean (Rom. 1:24, 26, 27). :vomit:

TIPlatypus

I wonder, Truster: imagine you had a friend, (male for the sake of the argument). Imagine that you get to know this guy really well and you end up having many good times together. He's even the best man at your wedding! After 15 years of knowing him, he comes to you with a scared look on his face. He asks, "Can I trust you?" You reply, "Of course you can mate." He says, I don't wanna be like this, I've tried not to and failed, but I'm gay. Can you help me?"

What would you do?

Huckleberry

I wonder, Truster: imagine you had a friend, (male for the sake of the argument). Imagine that you get to know this guy really well and you end up having many good times together. He's even the best man at your wedding! After 15 years of knowing him, he comes to you with a scared look on his face. He asks, "Can I trust you?" You reply, "Of course you can mate." He says, I don't wanna be like this, I've tried not to and failed, but I'm gay. Can you help me?"

What would you do?

Tell him to quit having sex with boys.

:up:

It's pretty simple, isn't it? It's the same you'd tell a heterosexual confronted with their sexuality. Don't fornicate. :duh:

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Apparently then you chose to be heterosexual rather than homosexual because if you hadn't chosen to be heterosexual then you think that God would choose to consider you an abomination?
I don't think I ever had to choose, and I don't worry about what your God might think, nor could I choose to be gay, still it takes all types I suppose. :think:

God created us all; heterosexual! Any deviation from that, is lust
of the flesh chosen by man! Drunkenness is chosen, molestation,
is chosen, adultery is chosen, lying is chosen, hate is chosen, etc.!

alwight

God created us all; heterosexual! Any deviation from that, is lust
of the flesh chosen by man! Drunkenness is chosen, molestation,
is chosen, adultery is chosen, lying is chosen, hate is chosen, etc.!
What then do you suppose would be the motivation for a person "created" as you say heterosexual, to then decide to "lust" after the same sex instead, assuming that "lust" for the opposite sex is usually more natural?:liberals:
How can anyone choose what to "lust" after if it is not already innate, can you?