Have you learned the shema?

Lilstu

God is triune. It's a fact. He is not three gods, He is ONE GOD --- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

Look here ...with your theology, the father , the son, and the holy ghost are each a god.
1..2..3...I count 3 gods.
Galatians 3:20 Now a mediator is not for one party only; whereas God is only one.

Ephesians 4:6one God and Father of all who is over all and through all and in all.

1 Timothy 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator also between God and men, the man Christ Jesus,

James 2:19 You believe that God is one. You do well; the demons also believe, and shudder.

Lilstu

Lilstu, at last; how marvelous of you.

Ya got one right, now try for two.

That is exactly why He gave that reply.

My, my, my...

Mark 12:29 Young's Literal Translation (YLT)

29 and Jesus answered him -- `The first of all the commands [is], Hear, O Israel, the Lord is our God, the Lord is one;
Young's Literal Translation (YLT)

BTW Thanks for the compliment

Lilstu

It's really funny that when one does a search for the word "incarnation" in the Bible we get.....No results found.

"hypostasis".....no results found

"consubstantiality" .....no results found.

Yet, these terms are needed to adequately explain the Trinity.

Was the Bible written for a bunch of theologians to understand the Trinity?
Or was the Bible written for the common man to understand the nature of God?

So why is it necessary for Trinitarians to use terms that are foreign to the Bible to explain the Trinity? Whatever happened to the principle "Let the Bible explain the Bible"?

But the funniest trick of Trinity explanation is the use of the word "person".
Trinitarians say God is in three "persons".
But a "person" is a human being.
I don't know....is there a Scripture where God is referred to as a "person"???

SimpleMan77

I don't know....is there a Scripture where God is referred to as a "person"???

Yes.

Hebrews 1:3 says Jesus was the "brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person".

If you have a photo of someone, you have an "image of the person". The person is the "person of the image".

One person in the Godhead, made visible when that one person became a man.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Lilstu

Yes.

Hebrews 1:3 says Jesus was the "brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person".

If you have a photo of someone, you have an "image of the person". The person is the "person of the image".

One person in the Godhead, made visible when that one person became a man.

Are there any others?

Hebrews 1:3New American Standard Bible (NASB)
And He is the radiance of His glory and the exact representation of His nature, and upholds all things by the word of His power. When He had made purification of sins, He sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high,

Hebrews 1:3New International Version (NIV)
The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven.

Hebrews 1:3Young's Literal Translation (YLT)
who being the brightness of the glory, and the impress of His subsistence, bearing up also the all things by the saying of his might -- through himself having made a cleansing of our sins, sat down at the right hand of the greatness in the highest,

It would appear that other translations do not use "person"
The KJV was translated by Trins to support trin doctrine.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
One bunch of grapes, one bunch of states- the word "one" still means "one" . "1". As in 1,2,3,4,5,. One is a number. If you have one sheep, it is one sheep, not one-bunch-of-sheep.

Deuteronomy 6:4 NET says, "Listen, Israel: The LORD is our God, the LORD is one!"

So who is the God of Israel?

In Acts 3:13 NET the NT affirms the Father is the God of Israel: "The God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, the God of our forefathers, has glorified his servant Jesus, whom you handed over and rejected in the presence of Pilate after he had decided to release him."

In Luke 1:35 NET Gabriel told Mary, "The Holy Spirit will come upon you and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. Therefore the child to be born will be holy, he will be called the Son of God."

There is only one Most High, only one Father, and he is the One to be worshiped. This is the point of Deuteronomy 6:4.

There is one God of Israel, our Father.

glorydaz

There is one God. In the Hebrew you can see His name. It is the Hebrew letters yod-hey-vav-hey read from right to left as Hebrew is read.

יהוה

See the following, the first reference in Genesis.

Genesis 2:4 NASB - 4 This is the account of the heavens and the earth when they were created, in the day that the LORD God made earth and heaven.

We see God's name here, as in many places in scripture.

In the book of Exodus we see that God revealed His name to Moses. It was not known to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.

I encourage you to study and ask questions if you need to.

So you didn't notice that Paul was speaking of the Shema in the quote I gave you.....while making it clear that the Lord our God is the ONE LORD, Jesus Christ? It's necessary to understand that when discussing the Shema.

SimpleMan77

Are there any others?

Hebrews 1:3New American Standard Bible (NASB)
And He is the radiance of His glory and the exact representation of His nature, and upholds all things by the word of His power. When He had made purification of sins, He sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high,

Hebrews 1:3New International Version (NIV)
The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven.

Hebrews 1:3Young's Literal Translation (YLT)
who being the brightness of the glory, and the impress of His subsistence, bearing up also the all things by the saying of his might -- through himself having made a cleansing of our sins, sat down at the right hand of the greatness in the highest,

It would appear that other translations do not use "person"
The KJV was translated by Trins to support trin doctrine.

Actually that verse doesn't support a trinity at all, as it only refers to one person.

There are no other references to God as a person.

In other places it says Jesus is the "image of the invisible God". Same concept. One God with only one mind, one intellect, one will, one center of consciousness. That one God, called The Father in the NT, became the son. Immanuel, God with us.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
So you didn't notice that Paul was speaking of the Shema in the quote I gave you.....while making it clear that the Lord our God is the ONE LORD, Jesus Christ? It's necessary to understand that when discussing the Shema.
Have you learned about the name of God in scripture? God's name is found in the shema, yes.

glorydaz

Have you learned about the name of God in scripture? God's name is found in the shema, yes.

Yes, and God has many names. He is the great I AM, and our Lord Jesus Christ made it clear that He is the great I AM. There is one God and one Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ...."My Lord and my God"....I don't doubt it, do you? It becomes clear when you read the verses that speak of His being the Creator of all things and being "before all things". So, rather than zero in on a certain name, why don't you look at all the scripture? :think:

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Yes, and God has many names. He is the great I AM, and our Lord Jesus Christ made it clear that He is the great I AM. There is one God and one Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ...."My Lord and my God"....I don't doubt it, do you? It becomes clear when you read the verses that speak of His being the Creator of all things and being "before all things". So, rather than zero in on a certain name, why don't you look at all the scripture? :think:
God's name is not just a certain name. As you spend time reading scripture I believe that you will continue to learn. Shalom.

beameup

I have posted a couple dozen posts that deal directly with the 2nd Person in the Godhead as revealed in the Old Testament. HE is found throughout the Old Testament-Tanakh, and is identified by many "human-like" attributes and titles. It's impossible to ignore the hundreds of verses devoted to HIM... unless you are spiritually deaf, dumb, and blind.

Hashem - The NAME
http://theologyonline.com/showthread.php?118923-HaShem-The-Name

Lilstu

Actually that verse doesn't support a trinity at all, as it only refers to one person.

There are no other references to God as a person.

In other places it says Jesus is the "image of the invisible God". Same concept. One God with only one mind, one intellect, one will, one center of consciousness. That one God, called The Father in the NT, became the son. Immanuel, God with us.

What's in a Name?
Matthew 1:23 (New American Standard Bible)
23"BEHOLD, THE VIRGIN SHALL BE WITH CHILD AND SHALL BEAR A SON, AND THEY SHALL CALL HIS NAME IMMANUEL," which translated means, "GOD WITH US."

Trinitarians have quoted Matthew 1:23 "GOD WITH US." as a proof text that that since Jesus would be called ""IMMANUEL"" he would be the God with us.

This is ridiculous IMO.

Look at these Hebrew names and their meanings.

Ishmael .......God hears
Jezreel........God will sow seed
Jehdeiah......May YHWH feel glad
Elnathan......God has given
Eldab...........God has loved

Nobody would expect that these names would have anything to do with Divinity.
The point is that "God" names were common and did not equate to any connection with being a god.

Nobody ever called Jesus IMMANUEL

glorydaz

God's name is not just a certain name. As you spend time reading scripture I believe that you will continue to learn. Shalom.

It seems you have more of an interest in telling me to learn instead of accepting that you may have a lot to learn. I take it you refuse to acknowledge Jesus Christ as the Lord God?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
It seems you have more of an interest in telling me to learn instead of accepting that you may have a lot to learn. I take it you refuse to acknowledge Jesus Christ as the Lord God?
Jesus is the Lord Christ, the Son of God. Jesus is Lord.

Romans 16:18 NASB - 18 For such men are slaves, not of our Lord Christ but of their own appetites; and by their smooth and flattering speech they deceive the hearts of the unsuspecting.

Colossians 3:24 NASB - 24 knowing that from the Lord you will receive the reward of the inheritance. It is the Lord Christ whom you serve.

1 Corinthians 12:3 NASB - 3 Therefore I make known to you that no one speaking by the Spirit of God says, "Jesus is accursed"; and no one can say, "Jesus is Lord," except by the Holy Spirit.

Lilstu

"I AM"s a trick by the translators to match Exodus 3:14 to appear that Jesus is claiming divinity
Has anyone ever checked out Exodus 3:14 in a Jewish Bible?
The Chabad Translation has "I will be what I will be"
The Stone Chumash has it "I shall be as I shall be."
Rashi rendered it as "I will be what I will be."
The Pentateuch by Hirsch, has it as "I shall be that which I will be."

The Jewish Bibles translate this phrase with a future tense, while Christian Bibles put it in the present tense. [I am]
Were the Christian translators influenced to create a match with John 8:58 ???
After all, Exodus is part of the Hebrew Scriptures of the Jews. It is really their book. Shouldn't their translation take precedence?

At the preceeding verse, Exodus 3:13, Moses says.."""Behold, I am going to the sons of Israel, and I will say to them, 'The God of your fathers has sent me to you.' Now they may say to me, 'What is His name?' What shall I say to them?"""
The sons of Israel may ask Moses....'""What is His name?"" because they did not know the God who was speaking to Moses.
IMO God's answer in the future tense..."I will be what I will be" is really a promise by God that in the future he will be who he will prove to be. As we know, God brought the plagues on Egypt, and delivered the sons of Israel from slavery. He promised...and he literally proved that he will be what he will be....God Almighty.

SimpleMan77

What's in a Name?
Matthew 1:23 (New American Standard Bible)
23"BEHOLD, THE VIRGIN SHALL BE WITH CHILD AND SHALL BEAR A SON, AND THEY SHALL CALL HIS NAME IMMANUEL," which translated means, "GOD WITH US."

Trinitarians have quoted Matthew 1:23 "GOD WITH US." as a proof text that that since Jesus would be called ""IMMANUEL"" he would be the God with us.

This is ridiculous IMO.

Look at these Hebrew names and their meanings.

Ishmael .......God hears
Jezreel........God will sow seed
Jehdeiah......May YHWH feel glad
Elnathan......God has given
Eldab...........God has loved

Nobody would expect that these names would have anything to do with Divinity.
The point is that "God" names were common and did not equate to any connection with being a god.

Nobody ever called Jesus IMMANUEL

The Bible think you are wrong if you don't acknowledge that Jesus was God.

1 Timothy 3:16
And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

Lilstu

Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a NAME which is above every name - Philippians 2:9

Hashem - The Name http://theologyonline.com/showthread.php?118923-HaShem-The-Name

Philippians 2:8-11 (New American Standard Bible)
8Being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross.
9For this reason also, God highly exalted Him, and bestowed on Him the name which is above every name,
10so that at the name of Jesus EVERY KNEE WILL BOW, of those who are in heaven and on earth and under the earth, 11and that every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

""""God highly exalted Him, and bestowed on Him the name which is above every name,"""

God gave Jesus the name....if Jesus were God he would have anything he wanted and wouldn't have to depend on God to give him anything.