Have you learned the shema?

TweetyBird

The Father of the New Testament spoke in the Old Testament and said "I created everything alone and by myself". He also said "Thou shalt have no gods beside Me (literally beside, or before My face).

If there were any other persons in the Godhead, the Father said "I don't know of them".

If you don't think the one speaking in the OT was the Father, read Hebrews 1:1-2. It says the God who spoke in the OT has now spoken by His Son. If you have a son that makes you the Father.

If that means the triune God spoke as a composite in the OT, that would mean that the Trinity is the Father of Jesus. That's confusing.

Jesus is the one person of the Godhead. In him dwelleth all the fullness of the Godhead bodily.

Col 1 states that Jesus created everything. So where does that leave you?

Lilstu

I find it amazing that so many can be convinced that "one" is "three."

On judgment day how will you explain how you worshiped a triune God when the Shema, the most important commandment clearly says God is ONE. At Mark 12:29 Jesus recited the Shema. He told you...why didn't you listen?

TweetyBird

I find it amazing that so many can be convinced that "one" is "three."

On judgment day how will you explain how you worshiped a triune God when the Shema, the most important commandment clearly says God is ONE. At Mark 12:29 Jesus recited the Shema. He told you...why didn't you listen?

God is triune. It's a fact. He is not three gods, He is ONE GOD --- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
cee27635e80f82c4669536d284af0859.jpg

What is that???? :confused:

That is YHVH, the self existing one.

TweetyBird

Actually, it's the Hebrew alphabet.

Repeating what I said before - the "behold hand nail hand" is gematria aka kabbalah - it is a mystic interpretation of the Hebrew letters. It would be like psychics or mediums with tarot cards.

Danoh

Jesus knew that the Shema was the most important of all the commandments.
28 And one of the scribes came, and having heard them reasoning together, and perceiving that he had answered them well, asked him, Which is the first commandment of all?
29 And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord: [Mark 12:28-29]

Lilstu, at last; how marvelous of you.

Ya got one right, now try for two.

That is exactly why He gave that reply.

My, my, my...

chair

It can. E pluribus unum.

A motto of the United States; Latin for “Out of many, one.” It refers to the Union formed by the separate states. E pluribus unum was adopted as a national motto in 1776 and is now found on the Great Seal of the United States and on United States currency.​

www.dictionary.com/browse/e-pluribus-unum

One bunch of grapes, one bunch of states- the word "one" still means "one" . "1". As in 1,2,3,4,5,. One is a number. If you have one sheep, it is one sheep, not one-bunch-of-sheep.

SimpleMan77

Just as in Poker "three of a kind" refers to three that together form one set.

God is never "one set". If that was the case there could be a hundred persons as easily as there could be three.

There is only one person in the invisible God, and there is the man Christ Jesus, who is the image of the invisible God.

The Word says that Jesus is the express image of the Father's person.

If I have a photo of you, I have the image, but you are the person. The photo is the image of the person. You are the person of the image. Only one person.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL