Have you learned the shema?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned

Do you know this far?

Deuteronomy 6:4 NASB - 4 "Hear, O Israel! The LORD is our God, the LORD is one!

See the following. I invite you to read the scripture referenced in this link. I currently do not know all of the shema by heart.

Judaism 101: Shema

Lilstu

Do you know this far?

See the following. I invite you to read the scripture referenced in this link. I currently do not know all of the shema by heart.

Jesus knew that the Shema was the most important of all the commandments.
28 And one of the scribes came, and having heard them reasoning together, and perceiving that he had answered them well, asked him, Which is the first commandment of all?
29 And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord: [Mark 12:28-29]

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
That's right. The Lord is our God....and who is the Lord?

1 Corinthians 8:6KJV
There is one God. In the Hebrew you can see His name. It is the Hebrew letters yod-hey-vav-hey read from right to left as Hebrew is read.

יהוה

See the following, the first reference in Genesis.

Genesis 2:4 NASB - 4 This is the account of the heavens and the earth when they were created, in the day that the LORD God made earth and heaven.

We see God's name here, as in many places in scripture.

In the book of Exodus we see that God revealed His name to Moses. It was not known to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.

I encourage you to study and ask questions if you need to.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER

Do you know this far?

I have recited the Shema in Hebrew for at least 20 years, as well as the Aaronic blessing in Hebrew and other blessings, as well.

SimpleMan77

The Shema doesn't say that there is one God, although that is certainly true.

It says YHWH is ONE! Only one person in our God!!

Actual interpretation is "YAHWEH our God, YAHWEH is ONE".

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

beameup

cee27635e80f82c4669536d284af0859.jpg

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
The Shema doesn't say that there is one God, although that is certainly true.

It says YHWH is ONE! Only one person in our God!!

How many persons are in this 'one'?

Gen 2:24 Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh[basar echad]

How many grapes on that pole?

Num_13:23 And they came unto the brook of Eshcol, and cut down from thence a branch with one cluster of grapes[eschol echad], and they bare it between two upon a staff;

Deu 6:4 Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD[YHVH echad]

If there is no unity with diversity within the originating first cause, then there is no explanation for unity with diversity in that which is caused....the uni-verse.

SimpleMan77

How many persons are in this 'one'?

Gen 2:24 Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh[basar echad]

How many grapes on that pole?

Num_13:23 And they came unto the brook of Eshcol, and cut down from thence a branch with one cluster of grapes[eschol echad], and they bare it between two upon a staff;

Deu 6:4 Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD[YHVH echad]

If there is no unity with diversity within the originating first cause, then there is no explanation for unity with diversity in that which is caused....the uni-verse.

The Father of the New Testament spoke in the Old Testament and said "I created everything alone and by myself". He also said "Thou shalt have no gods beside Me (literally beside, or before My face).

If there were any other persons in the Godhead, the Father said "I don't know of them".

If you don't think the one speaking in the OT was the Father, read Hebrews 1:1-2. It says the God who spoke in the OT has now spoken by His Son. If you have a son that makes you the Father.

If that means the triune God spoke as a composite in the OT, that would mean that the Trinity is the Father of Jesus. That's confusing.

Jesus is the one person of the Godhead. In him dwelleth all the fullness of the Godhead bodily.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
The Father of the New Testament spoke in the Old Testament and said "I created everything alone and by myself". He also said "Thou shalt have no gods beside Me (literally beside, or before My face).

It was the LORD/YHVH that said that, in Isaiah.
YHVH is echad Elohim. echad-compound unity Elohim-gods

If there were any other persons in the Godhead, the Father said "I don't know of them".

Again, YHVH said that.

If you don't think the one speaking in the OT was the Father, read Hebrews 1:1-2. It says the God who spoke in the OT has now spoken by His Son. If you have a son that makes you the Father.

If that means the triune God spoke as a composite in the OT, that would mean that the Trinity is the Father of Jesus. That's confusing.

Jesus is the one person of the Godhead.

Indeed, you are confused.

In him dwelleth all the fullness of the Godhead bodily.

Yes, in the man Jesus the son dwells all the fullness...

Self consciousness demands a knower and a known, as well as a knower that knows that the known is known by the knower.
The existence of 'love' demands a lover and a beloved and the Spirit of love between them.

YHVH does not need.

Your concept of God demands that he need the creation in order to love and communicate, whereas within YHVH there was love and communication from all eternity.

SimpleMan77

It was the LORD/YHVH that said that, in Isaiah.
YHVH is echad Elohim. echad-compound unity Elohim-gods

Again, YHVH said that.

Indeed, you are confused.

Yes, in the man Jesus the son dwells all the fullness...

Self consciousness demands a knower and a known, as well as a knower that knows that the known is known by the knower.
The existence of 'love' demands a lover and a beloved and the Spirit of love between them.

YHVH does not need.

Your concept of God demands that he need the creation in order to love and communicate, whereas within YHVH there was love and communication from all eternity.

Hebrews 1:1-2 simply says...

"God, who... spake in times past unto the father's by the prophets, hath... spoken unto us by HIS SON".

He said "the one who spoke in the OT has a son, and has spoken through him".

Is there any question that "God" mentioned here had a son. How could He have a Son if He wasn't the Father?

The one who spoke through Isaiah has a Son, making Him the Father.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hebrews 1:1-2 simply says...

"God, who... spake in times past unto the father's by the prophets, hath... spoken unto us by HIS SON".

He said "the one who spoke in the OT has a son, and has spoken through him".

Is there any question that "God" mentioned here had a son. How could He have a Son if He wasn't the Father?

The one who spoke through Isaiah has a Son, making Him the Father.

Can't help ya'.

TweetyBird

There is one God. In the Hebrew you can see His name. It is the Hebrew letters yod-hey-vav-hey read from right to left as Hebrew is read.

יהוה

See the following, the first reference in Genesis.

Genesis 2:4 NASB - 4 This is the account of the heavens and the earth when they were created, in the day that the LORD God made earth and heaven.

We see God's name here, as in many places in scripture.

In the book of Exodus we see that God revealed His name to Moses. It was not known to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.

I encourage you to study and ask questions if you need to.

You left out Jesus. That is what happens when you spend all your time in the Law of Moses.