Have you learned the shema?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
:think:

The reason I asked about English being your second language is because of the level of your comprehension skills, in just dialoguing here. Most of us figure you'd have basic biblical knowledge since you appear to accept the whole Bible (OT & NT) but are unfamiliar with even the concept of what a 'new testament' is. Any bible student has a basic understanding of 'covenants', especially the 'old' and 'new'. So, one wonders about the 'breadth' of your knowledge about basic theological subjects. Now unless your own words prove you have knowledge and can RELATE this knowledge in a constructive dialogue, we are hard pressed to engage you. So, we'd ask for a little leeway and creativity here, if you can manage.
You are incorrect.

I have read the Torah. I accept the Torah. I accept the TaNaKh. I accept Matthew through Revelation. But I do not use the designations OT and NT.

Shalom.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
You are incorrect.

I have read the Torah. I accept the Torah. I accept the TaNaKh. I accept Matthew through Revelation. But I do not use the designations OT and NT.

Shalom.

What version (translation) of the Bible are you using, or do you prefer? What branch of Judaism best represents your brand of Torah observance?

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Oh the irony........

Oh the irony........

:doh:

:crackup:

That's the irony of this, as I intended in my earlier discussion to share my insights on the Shema, and got plenty of "Nos". Its kinda sad yet comical on one level,...but the apathy perceived with such a response doesn't do much to expand one intellectually or spiritually. Its kind of a 'shut' the door in your face approach, which is stifling. So much for the appeal of the Torah eh?

The impossibility and suffering of putting 'God' in a box will eventually reveal itself sooner or later ;)

In-joy

TweetyBird

NoI see what you are saying. Do you know that the Torah is five books?

No, the first five books are not Torah. The Mosaic Law Covenant is found in Ex, Lev, Num, Deut.

Where is the covenant God made with the nation of Israel?

Shalom.

You appear to not be reading my posts. The covenant that God initially made with Israel is the Mosaic Law which is found in Ex, Lev, Num, and Deut. The rest of the OT adds to it and takes away from it.

TweetyBird

As a Jew I am not to study false religion. Shalom.Which language comes first?

You are not a Jew and you are studying a false religion - it's called Talmudic Judaism. You are attempting to justify yourself before God by keeping a Law that cannot help you obey God or find righteousness. You are stuck and keep spinning your wheels like that is going to get you out of a rut. Your only hope is Jesus Christ and run the race toward Him. It's all about Jesus, not Torah. Torah is past, Jesus is now.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
What version (translation) of the Bible are you using, or do you prefer? What branch of Judaism best represents your brand of Torah observance?
In addition to my Chumash I have a JPS TaNaKh.

What else do you want to know?

Shalom.

Jacob

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
No, the first five books are not Torah. The Mosaic Law Covenant is found in Ex, Lev, Num, Deut.

You appear to not be reading my posts. The covenant that God initially made with Israel is the Mosaic Law which is found in Ex, Lev, Num, and Deut. The rest of the OT adds to it and takes away from it.
The Torah begins with Bereshit. The first book is Bereshit. The first Torah portion, the first parshah, is Bereshit. The first word is Bereshit.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You are not a Jew and you are studying a false religion - it's called Talmudic Judaism. You are attempting to justify yourself before God by keeping a Law that cannot help you obey God or find righteousness. You are stuck and keep spinning your wheels like that is going to get you out of a rut. Your only hope is Jesus Christ and run the race toward Him. It's all about Jesus, not Torah. Torah is past, Jesus is now.
No. You are incorrect.

Shalom.

Jacob

TweetyBird

The Torah begins with Bereshit. The first book is Bereshit. The first Torah portion, the first parshah, is Bereshit. The first word is Bereshit.

The first book is Genesis, in English. I do not speak Hebrew and do not use Hebrew. It is the first "Torah portion" because Talmudic Judaism came up with these cycles of readings, which do not include the NT. I do not need to know the term "Bershith" in order to understand that God created the world.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
In addition to my Chumash I have a JPS TaNaKh.

What else do you want to know?

Shalom.

Jacob

Wonderful. I was just curious what versions or translations you prefer in your current protocol. You list only Tanakhs (Old Testament Jewish books) above,...what Bible do you use when you read the New Testament? What version/translation is your custom or preference when studying the NT?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The first book is Genesis, in English. I do not speak Hebrew and do not use Hebrew. It is the first "Torah portion" because Talmudic Judaism came up with these cycles of readings, which do not include the NT. I do not need to know the term "Bershith" in order to understand that God created the world.
I do not know that you are correct. However, I respect that you are saying here that you do not use Hebrew. I can say that to me Matthew through Revelation is not the NT. I don't call it that.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You are denying the One who gives life. You are turning to Torah to find it. You refuse to come to Christ to find the Way, the Life, and the Truth. Torah does not have them.
No.

Please verify what you are saying. This will help more than just you.

Shalom.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You are denying the One who gives life. You are turning to Torah to find it. You refuse to come to Christ to find the Way, the Life, and the Truth. Torah does not have them.
No.

Please verify what you are saying. This will help more than just you.

Shalom.

TweetyBird

I do not know that you are correct. However, I respect that you are saying here that you do not use Hebrew. I can say that to me Matthew through Revelation is not the NT. I don't call it that.

It is correct. Talmudic Judaism came up with the "TaNaKh" acronym and came up with the reading cycles. Why do you, who keep saying you are a Jew, do not know this?

Call the NT what you wish. It has been called the New Testament for centuries, because it is the New Covenant/New Testament.

The OT/Old Testament - the books of the Bible under the old covenant.

The NT/New Testament - the books of the Bible in the new covenant.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
It is correct. Talmudic Judaism came up with the "TaNaKh" acronym and came up with the reading cycles. Why do you, who keep saying you are a Jew, do not know this?
What you have said does not make sense to me. I even asked my Rabbi in case I was wrong in how I see this.
Call the NT what you wish. It has been called the New Testament for centuries, because it is the New Covenant/New Testament.

The OT/Old Testament - the books of the Bible under the old covenant.

The NT/New Testament - the books of the Bible in the new covenant.
I believe that you do not understand.

There is the TaNaKh and Matthew through Revelation.

We learn of the covenant God made with the nation of Israel at Mount Sinai first in the Torah. The new covenant is first mentioned in Jeremiah.

TweetyBird

Your post demonstrates that you do not understand what He said.

Shalom.

I understand perfectly what He said. He was talking to Torah observant people and told them they search the Scriptures to find Him, but do not come to Him. Don't you get it? Life in Christ is not about Torah - it's about HIM and only HIM, our Lord and Savior. You mock Him with all of your Torah Torah Torah. It can do nothing for you but bring death and bondage.