Have you learned the shema?

TweetyBird

I don't know what you are talking about or why you are rejecting Torah.

I am not rejecting the Mosaic Law Covenant.

Have you read the Torah?

I have read the Mosaic Law Covenant more times than I can count.

I have read the Torah.

Please do not speak against the Torah.

Please stop speaking continually about Torah. We are supposed to be lifting Jesus up, not the old covenant law. The NT writers preached the Gospel of Christ and showed up how to love one another, how to pray, and what should be the focus of our lives. They did not teach us the Mosaic Law. It has passed away. Jesus matters now, not Torah.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You need to learn how to engage a discussion.

So far, you failed to show how my 'religion' is false, or what specifics of my understanding of the Shema are untrue, thus providing an accurate explanation.

The unitary of Deity holds......and our recognition of God The ONE and ONLY...is central and All-inclusive....because all begins and ends in the One. God is all there IS. All space and time unfolds back into the INFINITE (Ain Sof)

N-joy!

You do not understand.

To follow God you need to forsake your false religion.

There is only one God.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I am not rejecting the Mosaic Law Covenant.

I have read the Mosaic Law Covenant more times than I can count.

Please stop speaking continually about Torah. We are supposed to be lifting Jesus up, not the old covenant law. The NT writers preached the Gospel of Christ and showed up how to love one another, how to pray, and what should be the focus of our lives. They did not teach us the Mosaic Law. It has passed away. Jesus matters now, not Torah.
Something is wrong here.

TweetyBird

Something is wrong here.

Exactly - you wrongfully keep pushing Torah all the time. Our focus is supposed to be on Jesus. The Old Covenant Law is not taught in the NT. The New Covenant contains new laws, new commandments, a new way to live for the Lord. We are to follow what Jesus taught and the inspired words of the NT, not what was given to Moses. Those laws and commandments have passed away and we have a new life and new birth in Christ Jesus - it's freedom to live according to the leading of the Holy Spirit - living the fruit of the Spirit, not the carnal commandment that has passed away.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Exactly - you wrongfully keep pushing Torah all the time. Our focus is supposed to be on Jesus. The Old Covenant Law is not taught in the NT. The New Covenant contains new laws, new commandments, a new way to live for the Lord. We are to follow what Jesus taught and the inspired words of the NT, not what was given to Moses. Those laws and commandments have passed away and we have a new life and new birth in Christ Jesus - it's freedom to live according to the leading of the Holy Spirit - living the fruit of the Spirit, not the carnal commandment that has passed away.
What you are saying does not make sense to me. You cannot reject Torah for Jesus.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
One Deity Alone

One Deity Alone

You do not understand.

My understanding of the shema holds as articulated earlier. You have yet to specify what parts of my commentary are wrong....and why, etc.

To follow God you need to forsake your false religion.

First you have to prove I subscribe to a 'false religion'. My words speak for themselves, as to meanings and values. You presume prematurely and have not engaged the discussion sufficiently.

There is only one God.

Absolutely,.....did I indicate or claim otherwise anywhere? The Shema proclaims the Oneness and Onlyness of 'God' as I've formerly described, to which you claim is wrong or idolatrous. There is one absolute reality or Deity, and it by nature and identity is ONE. The kingdom of 'God' also is one kingdom.

There is no other 'God', but the one 'God'.....one Absolute. There is no other. One may give this 'God' various names, forms or personalities.....but the Absolute remains as it IS.....indivisibly so.

The primary value of praying the Shema is the fundamental recognition of this.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
My understanding of the shema holds as articulated earlier. You have yet to specify what parts of my commentary are wrong....and why, etc.

First you have to prove I subscribe to a 'false religion'. My words speak for themselves, as to meanings and values. You presume prematurely and have not engaged the discussion sufficiently.

Absolutely,.....did I indicate or claim otherwise anywhere? The Shema proclaims the Oneness and Onlyness of 'God' as I've formerly described, to which you claim is wrong or idolatrous. There is one absolute reality or Deity, and it by nature and identity is ONE. The kingdom of 'God' also is one kingdom.

There is no other 'God', but the one 'God'.....one Absolute. There is no other. One may give this 'God' various names, forms or personalities.....but the Absolute remains as it IS.....indivisibly so.

The primary value of praying the Shema is the fundamental recognition of this.
No.

I will send you a private message.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Seriously......

Seriously......

Unsatisfactory answer. Such does not foster discussion.

I will send you a private message.

Received. All I got was that my posts and signature are not of 'God'. Same ole monologue :rolleyes:

My commentary holds as to my impression of what the Shema means, it's esoteric meaning and what value it has. Your impression or understanding of the shema is so far unknown at this point in the discussion. An effort put towards expounding such might help your cause in creating the thread (hint).

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Unsatisfactory answer. Such does not foster discussion.

Received. All I got was that my posts and signature are not of 'God'. Same ole monologue :rolleyes:

My commentary holds as to my impression of what the Shema means, it's esoteric meaning and what value it has. Your impression or understanding of the shema is so far unknown at this point in the discussion. An effort put towards expounding such might help your cause in creating the thread (hint).
freelight,

I have sent you a private message which you have acknowledged as received. I cannot make the corrections that you need to make.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Ehyeh asher ehyeh

Ehyeh asher ehyeh

No no Freelight God is a Republican/Jew and the temple is in Mayberry NC, the spirit being a moonshine still back in the woods.

Well, in a world of image and reflections, one picture could be just as good as another :)

Many different images, forms and concepts of 'God' exist floating around in the Universal Mind that is 'God'. Heaven forbid we mis-take the image as being the actual essence or consciousness that dreams it ;)

The essence from which consciousness emerges is the reality-source. Pure Spirit.

TweetyBird

What you are saying does not make sense to me. You cannot reject Torah for Jesus.

The Mosaic Law Covenant pointed to and testified of Christ to come. Once Christ came, the Mosaic Law Covenant was completed/finished. What does not make sense are people who insist on keeping the Mosaic Law Covenant, when it is impossible to keep or obey. It served its purpose. It was the schoolmaster until Christ. Now He is the Way, the Truth, and the Life. We are now free in Christ Jesus from the Mosaic Law Covenant.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The Mosaic Law Covenant pointed to and testified of Christ to come. Once Christ came, the Mosaic Law Covenant was completed/finished. What does not make sense are people who insist on keeping the Mosaic Law Covenant, when it is impossible to keep or obey. It served its purpose. It was the schoolmaster until Christ. Now He is the Way, the Truth, and the Life. We are now free in Christ Jesus from the Mosaic Law Covenant.
Do not speak against Torah.

TweetyBird

Do not speak against Torah.

I am not speaking against Torah. Torah is dead. It's passed away. It is no longer God's Law or God's plan. The NT states it over and over again in many different ways. The NT covenant contains God's Law now. Torah was incomplete, it was the shadow and those who obeyed it were in darkness. Torah did what it was supposed to do. It completed its function. It is now, as they say, history. You don't go back to the shadows when we have been flooded with the Light of our Messiah and King. That which is now is more glorious, a better covenant, better promises, eternal - without end.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
I am not speaking against Torah. Torah is dead. It's passed away. It is no longer God's Law or God's plan.

You'll pass away
poof_by_Davidgtza2.gif
(Ps 39:11). :idunno: God's law will not (Mt 5:18). :juggle:

Related:

Lordship

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I am not speaking against Torah. Torah is dead. It's passed away. It is no longer God's Law or God's plan. The NT states it over and over again in many different ways. The NT covenant contains God's Law now. Torah was incomplete, it was the shadow and those who obeyed it were in darkness. Torah did what it was supposed to do. It completed its function. It is now, as they say, history. You don't go back to the shadows when we have been flooded with the Light of our Messiah and King. That which is now is more glorious, a better covenant, better promises, eternal - without end.
No

TweetyBird

You'll pass away
poof_by_Davidgtza2.gif
(Ps 39:11). :idunno: God's law will not (Mt 5:18). :juggle:

Related:

Lordship

Matt 5:18 says nothing about the Law of Moses hanging around forever. It passed away when Jesus nailed it to the cross.

Heb 8
Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah: 9 not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.
13 In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

TweetyBird

Yes. You are refusing to even grasp what the NT is about. The Mosaic Law was a burden, a yoke. It was a shadow - dark - no light - bondage - caused Israel to sin - it caused their death. It was incomplete, faulty, carnal. It served its purpose and when Jesus died, He said "It is Finished". The veil of the Temple was rent in 2. God reconciled us to Himself through the blood of Christ. The Levitical priesthood served its purpose - it is gone, there is no Temple but Jesus, there is no priesthood to oversee the Mosaic Law Covenant. We are in a brand new Priesthood - of Melchizedek. The Mosaic Law ceased its work. Jesus fulfilled it all, He satisfied every bit of it. Now we have a new Law, new commandments that He taught us that we carry out through His Spirit, life giving Water and Manna from Heaven. "Torah" can do none of that, not one jot or tittle is useful any more. All we need to know and comprehend is Jesus Christ, carry our crosses, walk in His Spirit, and live for Him by serving others.