Have you learned the shema?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The subject is the Shema :) - I offered some of my insights and understanding on the verses, did you have anything to add to that except you believing what I shared was 'wrong' and 'idolatrous'? Which parts,....what insights did you NOT agree with? What does the Shema mean to you? Is there any inner esoteric meaning to it? As you have learned to pray it, what value or import does it have for you or anyone and why? Could you share on that, and how you feel others learning the Shema would profit?

So Jesus acknowledged the Shema,....awesome. Feel free to expound more of the subject....or has it been exhausted?

I'd attend to that before questioning anyone's salvation.

I believe that you are speaking to the question of if a person is saved.

You must repent.

TweetyBird

You are right, Jesus did not teach Torah - He taught something else, something brand new, never heard before. If it was Torah that Jesus was teaching, the crowds would not have been amazed.

Do you disagree that the New Covenant is about Jesus Christ?

Zeke

"I AM"s a trick by the translators to match Exodus 3:14 to appear that Jesus is claiming divinity
Has anyone ever checked out Exodus 3:14 in a Jewish Bible?
The Chabad Translation has "I will be what I will be"
The Stone Chumash has it "I shall be as I shall be."
Rashi rendered it as "I will be what I will be."
The Pentateuch by Hirsch, has it as "I shall be that which I will be."

The Jewish Bibles translate this phrase with a future tense, while Christian Bibles put it in the present tense. [I am]
Were the Christian translators influenced to create a match with John 8:58 ???
After all, Exodus is part of the Hebrew Scriptures of the Jews. It is really their book. Shouldn't their translation take precedence?

At the preceeding verse, Exodus 3:13, Moses says.."""Behold, I am going to the sons of Israel, and I will say to them, 'The God of your fathers has sent me to you.' Now they may say to me, 'What is His name?' What shall I say to them?"""
The sons of Israel may ask Moses....'""What is His name?"" because they did not know the God who was speaking to Moses.
IMO God's answer in the future tense..."I will be what I will be" is really a promise by God that in the future he will be who he will prove to be. As we know, God brought the plagues on Egypt, and delivered the sons of Israel from slavery. He promised...and he literally proved that he will be what he will be....God Almighty.

Yet where does God dwell? that is the secret that is extroverted in allegorical tales to teach children about their own Divine conscience, which is where we interface with I AM once the milk/dead letter has been drank, then the meat is served 2Cor 3:6.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
cee27635e80f82c4669536d284af0859.jpg
No

Sent from my SM-G900T using TheologyOnline mobile app

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Lets get back on the subject?

Lets get back on the subject?

I believe that you are speaking to the question of if a person is saved.

You must repent.

I've been sharing the inner meaning, emphasis and value of the Shema, in my opinion....that's what I've been sharing. It happens to be the subject of the thread if you forgot. You appear to disagree about my observations about what the Shema is about, but so far have not shared any particulars, neither challenged any particulars of my commentary so far. - just some blanket judgments and pat dismissals. This doesn't make for much commentary neither does it support your presentation of the Shema, which at this point just seems to be a peculiar thread asking if anyone has learned it yet. So? :idunno:

Good luck on learning more :thumb:

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Yet where does God dwell? that is the secret that is extroverted in allegorical tales to teach children about their own Divine conscience, which is where we interface with I AM once the milk/dead letter has been drank, then the meat is served 2Cor 3:6.

Bingo. All information bits reflect the inner dialogue and relations of the soul, as the exterior mirrors the interior. Substance, soul and spirit,....essence and form. The 'letter' merely points to the reality or 'essence'. The Shema is a call to hear the living word that 'God is One',....there is an original unity at the source of all creation, as it appears in its differentiated forms. The forms are many, the essence is one :)

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I've been sharing the inner meaning, emphasis and value of the Shema, in my opinion....that's what I've been sharing. It happens to be the subject of the thread if you forgot. You appear to disagree about my observations about what the Shema is about, but so far have not shared any particulars, neither challenged any particulars of my commentary so far. - just some blanket judgments and pat dismissals. This doesn't make for much commentary neither does it support your presentation of the Shema, which at this point just seems to be a peculiar thread asking if anyone has learned it yet. So? :idunno:

Good luck on learning more :thumb:
You need to forsake your false religion.

Lilstu

You deny the value of the crucified Lord Jesus Christ, why He said - It is Finished, and why the veil of the Temple was torn in half.

The Last Words of Jesus.

According to the Gospel according to Matthew
Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?

According to the Gospel according to Mark
Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani? which is, being interpreted, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?

According to the Gospel according to Luke
And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said, Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit: and having said thus, he gave up the ghost.

According to the Gospel according to John
When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You deny the value of the crucified Lord Jesus Christ, why He said - It is Finished, and why the veil of the Temple was torn in half.
I don't know what you are talking about or why you are rejecting Torah.

Have you read the Torah?

I have read the Torah.

Please do not speak against the Torah.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Listen,........Nature is One

Listen,........Nature is One

You need to forsake your false religion.

You need to learn how to engage a discussion.

So far, you failed to show how my 'religion' is false, or what specifics of my understanding of the Shema are untrue, thus providing an accurate explanation.

The unitary of Deity holds......and our recognition of God The ONE and ONLY...is central and All-inclusive....because all begins and ends in the One. God is all there IS. All space and time unfolds back into the INFINITE (Ain Sof)

N-joy!

Zeke

Bingo. All information bits reflect the inner dialogue and relations of the soul, as the exterior mirrors the interior. Substance, soul and spirit,....essence and form. The 'letter' merely points to the reality or 'essence'. The Shema is a call to hear the living word that 'God is One',....there is an original unity at the source of all creation, as it appears in its differentiated forms. The forms are many, the essence is one :)

No no Freelight God is a Republican/Jew and the temple is in Mayberry NC, the spirit being a moonshine still back in the woods.