Have you learned the shema?

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Jesus is missing from the Shema.

Jesus is missing in much of the OT. So?

My point is that 'God' includes all sentient beings because such is the very source and sustainer of all living beings. This includes all real or mythical personalities...they all exist in the universal consciousness that is 'God'.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
The Shema, as promoted in these posts, is not about God.

It most certainly is about 'God', even if your opinion, concept or image of 'God' differs. If the Shema is not about God, then the new testament which you venerate has no support....no foundation.

TweetyBird

I suppose you are correct.....
The Shema is not about the triune god of contemporary Christianity. It is about the One True God who is only ONE.

Speaking the Shema does not bring one closer to God or even express that He is the one true God. It an empty expression without Christ, because if one does not have Christ, they do not have God.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
This is your second "No" in response to one of my commentaries. In the true interest of engaging an actual dialogue here, this kind of response is inadequate. Are you not interested in discussion on the Shema and its meaning? A subject so glorious as the divine name and nature of Deity merits a more serious open minded inquiry.

“Echad” in the Shema
freelight,

You are not Jewish. And you are not Christian. Do you accept the Torah or the Bible?

Zeke

Speaking the Shema does not bring one closer to God or even express that He is the one true God. It an empty expression without Christ, because if one does not have Christ, they do not have God.

Christ is in every thing seeing all things were made through that Spirit.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Jesus was not dead in the traditional sense. In fact I wonder what died???
The God part didn't die because God is immortal.
1Timothy 1:17
Now unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God, be honour and glory for ever and ever. Amen.

Jesus' soul didn't die because humans have immortal souls according to traditional Christianity.

Part of Jesus was in paradise with the thief on the adjacent cross so this part wasn't dead in the tomb.
Luke 23:43
And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, Today shalt thou be with me in paradise.

His Spirit wasn't dead because it went and preached to spirits in prison. [I didn't know that God ran a prison]
1Peter 3:18-19
18For Christ also died for sins once for all, the just for the unjust, so that He might bring us to God, having been put to death in the flesh, but made alive in the spirit;
19in which also He went and made proclamation to the spirits now in prison,

So what died?
Jesus was so busy after the cross, entertaining the thief in paradise, preaching in prison, that it hardly seems like he was dead at all.
Your questions are fruitless - without fruit

Lilstu

Christ is not God. The Christ is God's agent to be king and bring about the messianic age. Of course this has not yet happened.

Lilstu

Jesus is God. The entire Bible proclaims it from beginning to end.

You are mistaken.

.In English Bible translations, the Divine name, YHWH, is substituted with “the LORD.”
The following Scriptures indicate that the LORD, YHWH, is the Father.

Deuteronomy 32:6
Do ye thus requite the LORD, O foolish people and unwise? is not he thy father that hath bought thee? hath he not made thee, and established thee?

Isaiah 63:16
Doubtless thou art our father, though Abraham be ignorant of us, and Israel acknowledge us not: thou, O LORD, art our father, our redeemer; thy name is from everlasting.

Isaiah 64:8
But now, O LORD, thou art our father; we are the clay, and thou our potter; and we all are the work of thy hand.

The following Scriptures identify the LORD, YHWH, the Father,

Isaiah 40:28
Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the LORD, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? there is no searching of his understanding.

Isaiah 41:4
Who hath wrought and done it, calling the generations from the beginning? I the LORD, the first, and with the last; I am he.

Isaiah 42:8
I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images.

Isaiah 43:10
Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.

Isaiah 45:5
I am the LORD, and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me:

Isaiah 45:6
That they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west, that there is none beside me. I am the LORD, and there is none else.

Isaiah 45:18
For thus saith the LORD that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited: I am the Lord; and there is none else.

Can there be any doubt that YHWH, the father, is the one and only God, and the only creator? How can Jesus possibly be God?

TweetyBird

You are mistaken.

.In English Bible translations, the Divine name, YHWH, is substituted with “the LORD.”
The following Scriptures indicate that the LORD, YHWH, is the Father.

Deuteronomy 32:6
Do ye thus requite the LORD, O foolish people and unwise? is not he thy father that hath bought thee? hath he not made thee, and established thee?

Isaiah 63:16
Doubtless thou art our father, though Abraham be ignorant of us, and Israel acknowledge us not: thou, O LORD, art our father, our redeemer; thy name is from everlasting.

Isaiah 64:8
But now, O LORD, thou art our father; we are the clay, and thou our potter; and we all are the work of thy hand.

The following Scriptures identify the LORD, YHWH, the Father,

Isaiah 40:28
Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the LORD, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? there is no searching of his understanding.

Who hath wrought and done it, calling the generations from the beginning? I the LORD, the first, and with the last; I am he.

Isaiah 42:8
I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images.

Isaiah 43:10
Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.

Isaiah 45:5
I am the LORD, and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me:

Isaiah 45:6
That they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west, that there is none beside me. I am the LORD, and there is none else.

Isaiah 45:18
For thus saith the LORD that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited: I am the Lord; and there is none else.

Can there be any doubt that YHWH, the father, is the one and only God, and the only creator? How can Jesus possibly be God?

Because the Bible says that He is.

Isa 9
For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given:
and the government shall be upon his shoulder:
and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor,
The mighty God,
The everlasting Father,
The Prince of Peace.
Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end,
upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom,
to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice
from henceforth even for ever.
The zeal of the Lord of hosts will perform this.

Jesus speaking:

Rev 1
8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

10 I was in the Spirit on the Lord’s day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet, 11 saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: .... 17 And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last: 18 I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

God speaking:

Who hath wrought and done it, calling the generations from the beginning? I the Lord, the first, and with the last; I am he.

Isaiah 44:6
Thus saith the Lord the King of Israel, and his redeemer the Lord of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.

Isaiah 48:12
Hearken unto me, O Jacob and Israel, my called; I am he; I am the first, I also am the last.

Jesus speaking:

Rev 2
8 And unto the angel of the church in Smyrna write; These things saith the first and the last, which was dead, and is alive; ...

Rev 22
13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last. 14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city. 15 For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

16 I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.

beameup

Christ is not God. The Christ is God's agent to be king and bring about the messianic age. Of course this has not yet happened.

That's interesting, because the Old Testament clearly states that the King (Messiah) will be WORSHIPPED. Did you get that phony info from the "Catholic Encyclopedia"?

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
One Creator, one law

One Creator, one law

freelight,

You are not Jewish. And you are not Christian. Do you accept the Torah or the Bible?

My commentary from page 11 to present stands, to which you have only responded to by a scripture quote and 2 Nos which is hardly befitting a dialogue. It matters not if I'm Jewish or Christian since your responsibility to engage in dialogue will be in responding to the contents of my posts....addressing the points being shared. That remains to be done.

The Bible is a collection of writings tailor made by its writers for their own purpose or agenda, it's books are more or less valuable according to their content.

As I've shared already, I see the Shema as a profession of the unitary nature of Deity, the oneness of 'God'....the singular absolute reality of The Creator. This salutation is a universal One, since all creation springs from with the Infinite One....since nothing can exist outside of IT. - this naturally includes the kingdom and laws of the One Creator expressed in the adjuncts of the prayer.