Have you learned the shema?

Lilstu

His body.

Correct. He committed His Spirit to the Father. Jesus is the Spirit of God who took on a human form.

That is not a traditional Christianity belief. Some fringe religions may, but it's not a Christian teaching.

The Spirit of Christ, like our spirits do not die. Our bodies die. Our spirits return to God.

Very picturesque language being written there. It is not literal of course.

His body died, just like ours does. They laid Him in the tomb, just like we are laid in a grave. His Spirit was with God, just as our spirits are with God when we die. The difference is, that because Jesus is God, He could and did raise Himself from the dead. It is mystery that no man can explain. Sometimes, as much as we want to get it all worked out with our human minds, we cannot and it was never intended for us to do so. That is where faith comes in. Belief that what God did is the truth.

The Bible describes death.
. 4 For whoever is joined with all the living, there is hope; surely a live dog is better than a dead lion. 5 For the living know they will die; but the dead do not know anything, nor have they any longer a reward, for their memory is forgotten. 6 Indeed their love, their hate and their zeal have already perished, Eccl 9

With all of Jesus' activities he does not fit the definition of "DEAD"

Lilstu

The Hebrew Scriptures told a lot about the Messiah.

According to OT prophecies the Messiah’s arrival would usher in the end of sin, the end of suffering, peace and tranquility, one creed and one religion, one kingdom and one king, the resurrection of the dead, the abolishment of idolatry and false prophets, the gathering of the ten tribes of Israel, the building of the future temple, etc. etc. etc.

But Jesus didn’t bring about any of these world changes.
So is Jesus a false Messiah? A false Christ?

Christians say that Jesus will perform all the Messianic world changes when he comes a second time.

But how can we have confidence that Jesus will perform with the second coming? What’s his performance record so far?

Has Jesus fulfilled any of the Messianic promises with his First Coming?
Did Jesus provide us with any prophecies for the benefit of mankind that he has fulfilled?

If you can’t positively answer these questions with substantial accomplishments that we can all see for ourselves, then perhaps you may have to reexamine your faith.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
The Scriptures say nothing about speaking the letter YHWH as being the breath of God. That is mysticism, pure and simple, which according to God is witchcraft aka incantations. I will stick with His actual words in Scripture. Thanx.

You posted nothing that has any significance, and pretty much lying about the Bible, to say I am perpetuating mysticism and witchcraft.

'Pure and simple', you're an idiot. You will 'stick to the actual words of' nothing because you have nothing. I don't know how people like yourself get off on insulting others for giving sensible insight, but I've gotten tired of it. Go join CARM if you want to talk to morons.

TweetyBird

The Bible describes death.
. 4 For whoever is joined with all the living, there is hope; surely a live dog is better than a dead lion. 5 For the living know they will die; but the dead do not know anything, nor have they any longer a reward, for their memory is forgotten. 6 Indeed their love, their hate and their zeal have already perished, Eccl 9

With all of Jesus' activities he does not fit the definition of "DEAD"

Jesus didn't "do" anything when He was dead. He was dead ....

TweetyBird

The Hebrew Scriptures told a lot about the Messiah.

According to OT prophecies the Messiah’s arrival would usher in the end of sin, the end of suffering, peace and tranquility, one creed and one religion, one kingdom and one king, the resurrection of the dead, the abolishment of idolatry and false prophets, the gathering of the ten tribes of Israel, the building of the future temple, etc. etc. etc.

But Jesus didn’t bring about any of these world changes.
So is Jesus a false Messiah? A false Christ?

Christians say that Jesus will perform all the Messianic world changes when he comes a second time.

But how can we have confidence that Jesus will perform with the second coming? What’s his performance record so far?

Has Jesus fulfilled any of the Messianic promises with his First Coming?
Did Jesus provide us with any prophecies for the benefit of mankind that he has fulfilled?

If you can’t positively answer these questions with substantial accomplishments that we can all see for ourselves, then perhaps you may have to reexamine your faith.

My faith is that I believe Jesus fulfilled all of the OT prophesies. He said He did, and I believe Him, regardless of what I see. I do not not have to see with my eyes to know that He my Savior and King, and that I am His child and He is reigning over all the earth. I believe the Bible when it tells me so. He does not need to perform anything to prove Himself to me or the world. He was tested and proved by God before He was born. His coming completely accomplished what God prophesied about Him to the world >>> the way He intended for it to happen >>> spiritually IN Christ, not literally for us to see with our eyes. Hence the NT writings to show us what He accomplished, which is hidden from unbelievers. Hebrews 11 explains that what was promised was not literal and earthly, but Heavenly. I believe His Word fully, without reservation or doubt. As Job stated:

Job 19
25 For I know that my redeemer liveth,
and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth:
and though after my skin worms destroy this body,
yet in my flesh shall I see God:
whom I shall see for myself,
and mine eyes shall behold, and not another;
though my reins be consumed within me.

TweetyBird

You posted nothing that has any significance, and pretty much lying about the Bible, to say I am perpetuating mysticism and witchcraft.

'Pure and simple', you're an idiot. You will 'stick to the actual words of' nothing because you have nothing. I don't know how people like yourself get off on insulting others for giving sensible insight, but I've gotten tired of it. Go join CARM if you want to talk to morons.

I posted proof that it is mysticism, which is witchcraft and incantations. It is kabbalah straight from the Zohar. If you think that letters have some mystic ability to cause breath by speaking them, you are speaking incantations, magic. It is not my fault that you refuse to accept it. You asked for proof and I gave it.

I did not insult anyone. I stated factual evidence.

Deuteronomy 18:10
There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch,

Micah 5:12
and I will cut off witchcrafts out of thine hand; and thou shalt have no more soothsayers:

Galatians 5
19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, 20 idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, 21 envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Listen again to the Heart at the center of all...........

Listen again to the Heart at the center of all...........

You do not understand the truth.

Matthew 5:17-20 NASB - 17 "Do not think that I came to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish but to fulfill. 18 "For truly I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest letter or stroke shall pass from the Law until all is accomplished. 19 "Whoever then annuls one of the least of these commandments, and teaches others to do the same, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever keeps and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. 20 "For I say to you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will not enter the kingdom of heaven.

My first post commentary here on the Shema stands :) Did anyone enjoy the sisters singing the Shema? Important to consider each post fully.

'God' is the Universal One....and being so is not the exclusive property of any one religious cult or tradition. 'God' is the Universal Father and Mother of all, no matter what qualifications man puts on the terms of sonship. The key to the Shema is in the 'hearing' of truth....the recognition of divine unity, the oneness of Spirit, the singularity of sovereignty of that One Power and Presence.

Furthermore, the Shema calls our attention to our own intimate relationship with The One. The Lord our God, the Lord is One. The infinite Spirit of Life is indivisible, and we are inseparable from It. God is One. God is all. There is no other, since all beings are inseparable individual offsprings of The ONE. Without this awareness of integral unity, our utterance of the Shema is pointless.

So with this insight into the Shema, we come into the ground of God which is our own foundation and wellspring of existence. We explore this more in the Return to Oneness thread.

Your quoted passage above does not challenge or discount my understanding of the Shema. If you open to consider the universal calling of Spirit to all sentient beings perhaps you would not be limited to the letter of the word but it's spiritual intent.

Here is a lovely rendition of the Shema by Anna Brooks -

N-joy :)

TweetyBird

My first post commentary here on the Shema stands :) Did anyone enjoy the sisters singing the Shema? Important to consider each post fully.

'God' is the Universal One....and being so is not the exclusive property of any one religious cult or tradition. 'God' is the Universal Father and Mother of all, no matter what qualifications man puts on the terms of sonship. The key to the Shema is in the 'hearing' of truth....the recognition of divine unity, the oneness of Spirit, the singularity of sovereignty of that One Power and Presence.

Furthermore, the Shema calls our attention to our own intimate relationship with The One. The Lord our God, the Lord is One. The infinite Spirit of Life is indivisible, and we are inseparable from It. God is One. God is all. There is no other, since all beings are inseparable individual offsprings of The ONE. Without this awareness of integral unity, our utterance of the Shema is pointless.

So with this insight into the Shema, we come into the ground of God which is our own foundation and wellspring of existence. We explore this more in the Return to Oneness thread.

Your quoted passage above does not challenge or discount my understanding of the Shema. If you open to consider the universal calling of Spirit to all sentient beings perhaps you would not be limited to the letter of the word but it's spiritual intent.

Jesus is missing. Only He can give true Joy. It's not in singing the Shema.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
I posted proof that it is mysticism, which is witchcraft and incantations. It is kabbalah straight from the Zohar. If you think that letters have some mystic ability to cause breath by speaking them, you are speaking incantations, magic. It is not my fault that you refuse to accept it. You asked for proof and I gave it.

I did not insult anyone. I stated factual evidence.

You posted the views of a belief which involves hints of mysticism, you didn't actually show that what I stated is such. You just don't like sensibility getting in the way of your fantasy interpretation of biblical history.

Deuteronomy 18:10
There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch,

Speaking of sorcery.

Micah 5:12
and I will cut off witchcrafts out of thine hand; and thou shalt have no more soothsayers:

Speaking of sorcery.

Galatians 5
19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, 20 idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, 21 envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

Speaking of sorcery.

Zip it, you judgemental, loud mouthed simpleton :wave2:

Lilstu

Jesus didn't "do" anything when He was dead. He was dead ....

Jesus was not dead in the traditional sense. In fact I wonder what died???
The God part didn't die because God is immortal.
1Timothy 1:17
Now unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God, be honour and glory for ever and ever. Amen.

Jesus' soul didn't die because humans have immortal souls according to traditional Christianity.

Part of Jesus was in paradise with the thief on the adjacent cross so this part wasn't dead in the tomb.
Luke 23:43
And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, Today shalt thou be with me in paradise.

His Spirit wasn't dead because it went and preached to spirits in prison. [I didn't know that God ran a prison]
1Peter 3:18-19
18For Christ also died for sins once for all, the just for the unjust, so that He might bring us to God, having been put to death in the flesh, but made alive in the spirit;
19in which also He went and made proclamation to the spirits now in prison,

So what died?
Jesus was so busy after the cross, entertaining the thief in paradise, preaching in prison, that it hardly seems like he was dead at all.

Lilstu

My faith is that I believe Jesus fulfilled all of the OT prophesies. He said He did, and I believe Him, regardless of what I see. I do not not have to see with my eyes to know that He my Savior and King, and that I am His child and He is reigning over all the earth. I believe the Bible when it tells me so. He does not need to perform anything to prove Himself to me or the world. He was tested and proved by God before He was born. His coming completely accomplished what God prophesied about Him to the world >>> the way He intended for it to happen >>> spiritually IN Christ, not literally for us to see with our eyes. Hence the NT writings to show us what He accomplished, which is hidden from unbelievers. Hebrews 11 explains that what was promised was not literal and earthly, but Heavenly. I believe His Word fully, without reservation or doubt. As Job stated:

Job 19
25 For I know that my redeemer liveth,
and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth:
and though after my skin worms destroy this body,
yet in my flesh shall I see God:
whom I shall see for myself,
and mine eyes shall behold, and not another;
though my reins be consumed within me.

I suppose you have faith...belief without evidence.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
The substance of things hoped for......

The substance of things hoped for......

I suppose you have faith...belief without evidence.

Well, you know the very definition of 'faith' posits no visible evidence except what is potential in nature....albeit not materially evident...as of yet :)

If we are saved by faith to any degree or measure...then some kind of faith is essential.....no?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned

N-joy :)
No.

Zeke

Jesus is missing. Only He can give true Joy. It's not in singing the Shema.

Only in you're blindness is Christ missing, the spirit isn't and is a Jew or Gentile Male or Female, all came from that mind of eternal conscience and plays all parts, so when we say stuff like you and most other blind christian's spout you are actually speaking against the Christ in others.