Has the Law been done away with?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Stop telling people you are a Jew.

I have identified as a Jew. I am a convert to Judaism while remaining a Christian. I observe Torah having been circumcised and therefore able to observe Passover, as I have though outside of the land of Israel. So though I have never been to Israel I am identifying with Israel. I am a United States citizen.

There are those who have said they are Jews and they are not.

Also, a Jew is one who is one inwardly may apply in a spiritual sense to those who have believed from among the Gentiles.

TweetyBird

I have identified as a Jew. I am a convert to Judaism while remaining a Christian. I observe Torah having been circumcised and therefore able to observe Passover, as I have though outside of the land of Israel. So though I have never been to Israel I am identifying with Israel. I am a United States citizen.

One cannot "convert to Judaism" and remain a Christian. That is like saying you converted to another religion and remain a Christian. Judaism and Christianity are the antithesis of one another. They are two different religions. You keep saying that you "identify" with Israel. That does not make one a Jew.

There are those who have said they are Jews and they are not.

If the shoe fits .....

Also, a Jew is one who is one inwardly may apply in a spiritual sense to those who have believed from among the Gentiles.

Allegorically a Jew - like a Jew who was committed to the Lord and believed the promise of Christ. You are not allegorically referring to yourself as a Jew. You think you became one in reality by your own revelation.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
One cannot "convert to Judaism" and remain a Christian. That is like saying you converted to another religion and remain a Christian. Judaism and Christianity are the antithesis of one another. They are two different religions. You keep saying that you "identify" with Israel. That does not make one a Jew.

If the shoe fits .....

Allegorically a Jew - like a Jew who was committed to the Lord and believed the promise of Christ. You are not allegorically referring to yourself as a Jew. You think you became one in reality by your own revelation.
I already believed the truth of the gospel as contained in the New Testament writings. Now I observe and endeavor to observe Torah. To be a convert without losing my identity as a Christian makes sense. This is simply different from being born a Jew and becoming a Christian and whether or not one remains a Jew. Also, you don't need to become a Christian to believe in Yeshua as the Messiah and to be saved. Christianity is Jewish and a sect of Judaism as opposed to a new religion. The new covenant is for the house of Israel and the house of Judah.

TweetyBird

I already believed the truth of the gospel as contained in the New Testament writings. Now I observe and endeavor to observe Torah. To be a convert without losing my identity as a Christian makes sense. This is simply different from being born a Jew and becoming a Christian and whether or not one remains a Jew. Also, you don't need to become a Christian to believe in Yeshua as the Messiah and to be saved. Christianity is Jewish and a sect of Judaism as opposed to a new religion. The new covenant is for the house of Israel and the house of Judah.

Judaism is not about Jesus Christ at all, ever, never, in anyway, shape, or form. Belief in Christ is not a sect of Judaism because it denies Jesus Christ, totally, uncompromisingly. You do not understand what you are doing. Christians are believers in Jesus Christ. The new covenant is the blood of Christ shed for all those who believe for the forgiveness of sins, whether they are Jew or Gentile. Many verses show this in the NT. Especially Hebrews 8 and 9 and 12.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Judaism is not about Jesus Christ at all, ever, never, in anyway, shape, or form. Belief in Christ is not a sect of Judaism because it denies Jesus Christ, totally, uncompromisingly. You do not understand what you are doing. Christians are believers in Jesus Christ. The new covenant is the blood of Christ shed for all those who believe for the forgiveness of sins, whether they are Jew or Gentile. Many verses show this in the NT. Especially Hebrews 8 and 9 and 12.
You are incorrect. I am a believer in Jesus Christ. Jesus the Christ (Yeshua HaMashiach) was Himself a Jew, of the tribe of Judah, the Messiah. This is Judaism.

Do you understand Jeremiah 31:31-34? It speaks of the new covenant that was to come. It is for the house of Israel and the house of Judah.

Do you understand the following verse?

Matthew 26:28 NASB - for this is My blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for forgiveness of sins.

I believe it is speaking about the new covenant in Jesus.

Luke 22:20 NASB - And in the same way He took the cup after they had eaten, saying, "This cup which is poured out for you is the new covenant in My blood.

Kott

BANNED
Banned
Matthew 5:17 NASB - 17 "Do not think that I came to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish but to fulfill.

The Laws of the Spirit
will always rule
over all.

They are never ending.

Jesus fulfilled the laws of the prophets
by obeying all of them.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The Laws of the Spirit
will always rule
over all.

They are never ending.

Jesus fulfilled the laws of the prophets
by obeying all of them.

I do not know what you are attempting to say here. I do not know what you mean or what you are saying. Have you considered the following verse with the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus?

Romans 8:2 NASB - For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and of death.

Kott

BANNED
Banned
I do not know what you are attempting to say here. I do not know what you mean or what you are saying. Have you considered the following verse with the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus?

Romans 8:2 NASB - For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and of death.
That is because you do not know
the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus.
And you certainly do not live by it.

Have I considered it? Now that is funny.

Kott

BANNED
Banned
By the way...if you do not disobey it.

You will have saved yourself from sin and death.

Just like if you do not steal

you will save yourself from getting arrested
and going to jail for theft.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
That is because you do not know
the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus.
And you certainly do not live by it.

Have I considered it? Now that is funny.

You simply need to read it in context. It is not necessarily a law to live by.

TweetyBird

You are incorrect. I am a believer in Jesus Christ. Jesus the Christ (Yeshua HaMashiach) was Himself a Jew, of the tribe of Judah, the Messiah. This is Judaism.

No, it is not. Judaism is the religion of Talmudic Rabbinicism.

Do you understand Jeremiah 31:31-34? It speaks of the new covenant that was to come. It is for the house of Israel and the house of Judah.

Jeremiah states that the new covenant is for the forgiveness of sins. So if one is not of the House of Israel, then they cannot be saved?

Do you understand the following verse?

Matthew 26:28 NASB - for this is My blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for forgiveness of sins.

I believe it is speaking about the new covenant in Jesus.

Luke 22:20 NASB - And in the same way He took the cup after they had eaten, saying, "This cup which is poured out for you is the new covenant in My blood.

Are you stating that this NC is only for Israel? Bummer, for the rest of us, huh? No wonder you want to make yourself a Jew. :dizzy:

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
No, it is not. Judaism is the religion of Talmudic Rabbinicism.
You are correct that this is Judaism. But not the Judaism that I meant.
Jeremiah states that the new covenant is for the forgiveness of sins. So if one is not of the House of Israel, then they cannot be saved?
I don't know that I understand your question, but that is not what I believe.
Are you stating that this NC is only for Israel? Bummer, for the rest of us, huh? No wonder you want to make yourself a Jew. :dizzy:
This has nothing to do with making one's self a Jew. It is possible to become a Jew. The scripture I have pointed out to you is not speaking to this, however.

The new covenant is for the house of Israel and the house of Judah.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Then what do you say is the purpose of the law
that is not necessarily a law to live by?

The verse simply says that the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and of death.

Kott

BANNED
Banned
The verse simply says that the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and of death.

Well the first thought
that comes to my mind
when I read this you have said to me...

The author figured that whomever he was speaking too
had enough common sense or it was common knowledge to know
that if you obey the the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus
you would be set free from sin and death.

I am sure he did not intend for you to disobey it or ignore it and think...

it would still give you the same results.

So here I will help you understand...

When you are in Christ Jesus...not out of Christ Jesus...

you will obey the laws of the Spirit of Life.

And by doing so the result will make you free from sin and death.

Kott

BANNED
Banned
Oh

there is more than 1 law of the Spirit of Life.

I see the author failed to reveal that to you.

I wonder why?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Well the first thought
that comes to my mind
when I read this you have said to me...

The author figured that whomever he was speaking too
had enough common sense or it was common knowledge to know
that if you obey the the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus
you would be set free from sin and death.

I am sure he did not intend for you to disobey it or ignore it and think...

it would still give you the same results.

So here I will help you understand...

When you are in Christ Jesus...not out of Christ Jesus...

you will obey the laws of the Spirit of Life.

And by doing so the result will make you free from sin and death.
Oh

there is more than 1 law of the Spirit of Life.

I see the author failed to reveal that to you.

I wonder why?
The Apostle Paul is the author of the book of Romans. I encourage you to read the entire book and then you will understand where this verse fits in to what Paul is saying.

The law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus is not the same as the law of sin and of death. They are different. This is not about obedience, though you should obey God and Jesus.

Romans 8:1-4 NASB - 1 Therefore there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. 2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and of death. 3 For what the Law could not do, weak as it was through the flesh, God did: sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and as an offering for sin, He condemned sin in the flesh, 4 so that the requirement of the Law might be fulfilled in us, who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.

Ben Masada

That's a very good conclusion Kott as I totally agree with you; but the majority here won't agree with us. They prefer faith without the works of the Law even after what James said in 2:26 that faith without the Law is the same as a body without the breath of life.

Ben Masada

It depends on having the universe passed away. If heavens and earth are still around, obviously the Law has not been done away with. (Matthew 5:17-19)

TweetyBird

You are correct that this is Judaism. But not the Judaism that I meant.

That's the only Judaism there is.

I don't know that I understand your question, but that is not what I believe.
This has nothing to do with making one's self a Jew. It is possible to become a Jew. The scripture I have pointed out to you is not speaking to this, however.

The only way to become a Jew is to convert to Judaism and deny/reject Jesus Christ and follow Talmudic halacha - not Christ.

The new covenant is for the house of Israel and the house of Judah.

Which is why I stated: ["Jeremiah states that the new covenant is for the forgiveness of sins. So if one is not of the House of Israel, then they cannot be saved?"]